• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still more to come out from the club I’m adamant. A bit of clarity... we are broke it’s that simple.

If we truly are broke then here's a little suggestion. Beat lower league burton and get a home and away tie to man city, both on tv and beat lower league Newport and get a home tie against man city, most likely live on TV. Estimated income? 1.5 - 3 million quid. Just a thought

There is still more to come out from the club I’m adamant. A bit of clarity... we are broke it’s that simple.

If we truly are broke then here's a little suggestion. Beat lower league burton and get a home and away tie to man city, both on tv and beat lower league Newport and get a home tie against man city, most likely live on TV. Estimated income? 1.5 - 3 million quid. Just a thought

One interesting quote from Pulis last Friday. He said group had been through a lot and stuck together. Something along the lines of this season had been a very difficult period.

It does make you wonder what has been going on and what the situation is.

And then Gibson starts slating HMRC in very strong terms over the wages case. He’s obviously very cross about that but have there been other issues not public yet?

They haven't been through anything unless getting criticised for playing awful football is something you have to struggle through these days.

Economic wise we seem to be in a big *** hole though......

No we don't and that hasn't effected the players at all.

They haven't been through anything unless getting criticised for playing awful football is something you have to struggle through these days.

ofc it has not effected the players.  But yes I think we are in big deep hole economic wise, most things seems to point that way.....

ofc it has not effected the players.  But yes I think we are in big deep hole economic wise, most things seems to point that way.....

The transfer window just 6 months ago didn't suggest so.

We have almost + in netspending since we where relegeted.....

We have almost + in netspending since we where relegeted.....

Well yeah that's what happens after you get relegated.  You end up selling players who want to be elsewhere and the players you buy generally aren't as expensive although we managed to do the opposite of course and break our transfer record after relegation.

If we hadn't missed out on certain players last summer we'd have spent more.  I don't understand why I keep having to repeat this.  We all know there were players we were in for who went elsewhere.

Finally, we've sold £90m worth of players since relegation.  It would be staggering to me if we'd spent £90m in two seasons as a Championship club so our net spend will clearly be a minus figure.

The players are not effected by any of this.

Could the reason why there was "no money" to spend in January due to the impeding decision on the tribunal?

I.e. put some money to one side in case we have to pay out rather than spend that on players?

I thought the Gazette said it was only £2,000 and it was the principle not the cost that Gibson fought against