oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

No No No, this can't be right - ask Chicken, Blanco and Barnaby - when I suggested that the money was loans and Gibson didn't pay out of his personal piggy bank I got personal abuse so it must be wrong.

It should read,  zero debt due to SG paying for everything and 60 mil owed which Stevie is paying for -  his lass will just have to go to Benidorm for a week this year, because thats how it works.

Don’t know about the other two but I’ve never mentioned money or funding

I called Chickenlunch out for saying Steve Gibson pays for everything out of his own pocket and you jumped in having a go at me, then Barnaby stuck his oar in - unless my aging memory is letting me down

EDIT - found your comment - The sad thing is that you probably believe your own BS

I was merely having a go at you at the time. It wouldn’t have mattered what you said :)

Oh well at least you're honest - I can work with honesty.

:)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The debt isn't really that much of a problem. At least not as long as Gibson isn't demanding it paid back or charging interest. What do the assests show? Don't MFC own the Riverside, Rockliffe HQ and Rockliffe Hall with the golf course and everything?

The debt isn't really that much of a problem. At least not as long as Gibson isn't demanding it paid back or charging interest. What do the assests show? Don't MFC own the Riverside, Rockliffe HQ and Rockliffe Hall with the golf course and everything?

I don't think the club has ever owned this. All the other things are clubs assets.

I don't think the club has ever owned this. All the other things are clubs assets.

Hmm, I thought it was actually build to be an asset of the club. Sort of like a gift from Gibson so that the club would benefit from the revenue, thus making MFC more sustainable.

Have a look through the accounts on Companies House. It makes interesting reading.

When we sold Ramirez and De Roon we mortgaged the income to get £20m immediately which we spent on Assombalonga etc. So rather than getting that income over 6 payments - in the case of De Roon - we got a lump sum.

In short I think we’ve spent pretty much what we’ve received over the last 3-4 seasons including TV money. Which is very scary.

Total debt now at £179m. Most to Gibson O’Neill and around £60m in deferred transfer fees.

So I think if we don’t go up it will be worse than under Mowbray.

No No No, this can't be right - ask Chicken, Blanco and Barnaby - when I suggested that the money was loans and Gibson didn't pay out of his personal piggy bank I got personal abuse so it must be wrong.

It should read,  zero debt due to SG paying for everything and 60 mil owed which Stevie is paying for -  his lass will just have to go to Benidorm for a week this year, because thats how it works.

Don’t know about the other two but I’ve never mentioned money or funding

I called Chickenlunch out for saying Steve Gibson pays for everything out of his own pocket and you jumped in having a go at me, then Barnaby stuck his oar in - unless my aging memory is letting me down

EDIT - found your comment - The sad thing is that you probably believe your own BS

I was merely having a go at you at the time. It wouldn’t have mattered what you said :)

be careful what you say on here, it's all being monitored and logged by le miserables committee.

I don't recall ever really having a discussion about finances tbh. My general beef is just with pathetic supporters crying foul about bugger all.

Without delving back into the archives to find an off-the-cuff comment regarding whether or not I think Steve Gibson uses his own personal cash to support the club, I can't really comment tbh. My general opinion is that he effectively has a stock pile of cash that he splits between his various businesses.. I don't think he has his own personal hoard somewhere... but then I also don't know if this is in context with what you're referring to.

Also, if he wants to 'send his lass' to Benidorm for a week.. so be it! who are we to say he can't do what he wants with his own money? The way I see it we're fortunate he's put as much of it into the club as he has, cos I'm pretty sure he won't have made much of a profit on it. And contrary to the 'popular' opinion on here, we're not really in that bad a shape. It's also not our birthright to have the club run in a certain way, maybe it would be exciting for a bit to have Sheikh come in a buy a load of players for us, but realistically that probably isn't going to happen. I personally like our ownership situation, and that we have a finite budget to work within & anything we achieve is generally a hard-fought battle.

I was under the impression that SG business partner has taken some of the money owed back and they are now also building a Rockcliffe style establishment on Jersey. A lot of money has been invested into that. As well as SG having custom house built currently just outside Boro.

I was under the impression that SG business partner has taken some of the money owed back and they are now also building a Rockcliffe style establishment on Jersey. A lot of money has been invested into that. As well as SG having custom house built currently just outside Boro.

Is he planning on moving it? This could get pricey  :omg:

Is he planning on moving it? This could get pricey  :omg:

Sorry I meant the hotel style of Rockcliffe not the club side... apologies

Three bedroom semi-detached?

A little bigger I suggest.. the builder who is working on there has been told it’s a 18month job

A little bigger I suggest.. the builder who is working on there has been told it’s a 18month job

Almost certainly means it should take only half of that but they will drag it out  :)

Almost certainly means it should take only half of that but they will drag it out  :)

7 months of build time, 1 month of sharp intakes of breath, 1 month of looking for pencils that are behind their ear and 9 months of tea breaks!