• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Ipswich don't have a pot to *** in do they?  So could they even afford his wages as he's on decent money?

swap deal with Knudsen?

That’s a good shout

I've been thinking of our winger and striker options. Out of the current crop there really aren't many that I'm particularly fussed about keeping and building a team around. There's only Tavernier and Chapman who I'd like us to keep in the hope that they'll establish themselves as first team players here. Downing is 34 now so isn't the sort who we should be looking to build around but will be useful until the end of the season. Braithwaite looks destined to leave. Assombalonga, Fletcher and Gestede all have huge limitations. Hugill hasn't shown anywhere near enough to justify spending £6 million on in the Summer. We're stuck with him until then though. Our forward line is surely going to undertake a massive overhaul in the next year.

I really hope that Pulis is decisive and acts quickly in January with planning players departures as we really need to make some drastic changes to the attacking areas of our side. Our attackers being either sold or loaned out will surely raise some significant funds that will surely be able to be better spent on replacements.

Top of my list would be to move quickly and decisively for Oliver Burke. He's pacey and powerful but doesn't have the greatest brain on him at the moment so would be in the mould of Traore. Them sort of wingers will are best suited to Pulis' seemingly preferred system of 4-3-3 so I think signing Burke would be a great fit for both of us.

He is known for his long throws and in Denmark his throws have been compared to Rory Delap.

Yes, he absolutely fits the bill.

His contract is up in the summer by the looks of it.

He's been linked with teams in the Bundesliga though, so he could have plenty of options. However, if it's teams looking at relegation he might be better off come here, while I think we can also offer better financial terms than a bottom Bundesliga club.

Out of the current crop there really aren't many that I'm particularly fussed about keeping and building a team around. There's only Tavernier and Chapman who I'd like us to keep 

Hasn't it already came out that Chapman is leaving? Am sure Mowbray did an interview saying they've been offered him in January, before he leaves for free in the summer.

Out of the current crop there really aren't many that I'm particularly fussed about keeping and building a team around. There's only Tavernier and Chapman who I'd like us to keep 

Hasn't it already came out that Chapman is leaving? Am sure Mowbray did an interview saying they've been offered him in January, before he leaves for free in the summer.

Yeah I remember seeing that news and I was disappointed. I understand that Chapman has really bad injury problems, so I can appreciate Pulis' logic, but I hope we can have a bit more faith in him as if he gets over his injury troubles then there's a massively promising player there. He won't be on massive wages and the fee we will get will be peanuts so the risk to rewards will surely favour keeping hold of him, especially at a time when our wing options are awful. There are very few young players with his talent so to give up on him at 21 year old is shortsighted. Selling him for peanuts could easily come back to bite us like how we sold James Morrison so that we could sign Gary O'Neil.

What would be your ideal realistic 11 post January window

GK - Randolph

RB - Shotton

CB - Fry

CB - Flint

LB - Friend

CDM - Clayton

RCM - Downing/Howson

LCM - Besic/Wing

RW - New signing (Adama/Oliver Burke/Robert Skov from Copenhagen is banging them in from the right wing)

ST - Assombalonga

LW - New Signing (Arber Zeneli from Heerenveen)

Most important signing will be a new manager however :P

What would be your ideal realistic 11 post January window

GK - Randolph

RB - Shotton

CB - Fry

CB - Flint

LB - Friend

CDM - Clayton

RCM - Downing/Howson

LCM - Besic/Wing

RW - New signing (Adama/Oliver Burke/Robert Skov from Copenhagen is banging them in from the right wing)

ST - Assombalonga

LW - New Signing (Arber Zeneli from Heerenveen)

Most important signing will be a new manager however :P

Honestly I'd hope after January, that Downing is the bit part player he is supposed to be at 34 year old, not the axis our team spins merrily on towards mid-table.

If we bought Robert Skov, I would be over the moon. Very good shout. He is on a really really great heater at the moment.

But remember, VIktor Fischer is considered a "star" in that team too ;)

Some Danish pundits did a "value" list of the best players in the Danish Super Liga recently and Skov was topping the list at 10m € while Fischer was third at 7m € worth.

Take a look at Marc Dal Hende andPaul Onuachu from Fc Midtjylland - A really good left wing back and a great hold up and finisher type striker.

What does my fellow Danish league scout (BD) say?