oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Tav left out of the squad today. Perhaps lined up as part of deal where he could go On loan and we get a genuine winger?

He is a genuine winger.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we wouldn't want him to get cold if he's poorly  :tear:

This is one of the medical improvements that Pulis has brought in.

You can't say the overhaul's not working though we're already winning awards

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/boros-medical-and-fitness-department-win-top-award

Back to transfers and 2019 Nixon's saying a new bit in the paper on us tomorrow hopefully it's new and not a parroting on Sawyers.

Why doesn't it mention Pulis - after all its all his work, how dare they take credit?

Back to transfers and 2019 Nixon's saying a new bit in the paper on us tomorrow hopefully it's new and not a parroting on Sawyers.

Why doesn't it mention Pulis - after all its all his work, how dare they take credit?

Cos it's from 2016.

Cos it's from 2016.

And knowing how he likes to take money he isn't entitled to he'd probably demand back-payments !!

If you remember that was when Karanka had overhauled the medical and sports science side of things and the scouting of course! This came just a couple of years after Mowbray had overhauled the medical and sports science side of things and the scouting of course! And now in time-honoured tradition it's the turn of Pulis to pretend he's overhauling the medical and sports science side of things and the scouting of course!

Here's a radical thought: football managers know bugger all about medicine or sports science and shouldn't have the slightest bit of input into what those departments do. Furthermore, football scouting is actually quite easy. Half the people who do it have no real qualifications beyond the fact that they watch football matches and a lot of them get the job simply because they happen to know somebody at a club who can get them involved.

Cos it's from 2016.

And knowing how he likes to take money he isn't entitled to he'd probably demand back-payments !!

I heard he was caught in the Trophy room scribbling Mclarens name from the Catling cup and etching his own in too.

If you remember that was when Karanka had overhauled the medical and sports science side of things and the scouting of course! This came just a couple of years after Mowbray had overhauled the medical and sports science side of things and the scouting of course! And now in time-honoured tradition it's the turn of Pulis to pretend he's overhauling the medical and sports science side of things and the scouting of course!

Here's a radical thought: football managers know bugger all about medicine or sports science and shouldn't have the slightest bit of input into what those departments do. Furthermore, football scouting is actually quite easy. Half the people who do it have no real qualifications beyond the fact that they watch football matches and a lot of them get the job simply because they happen to know somebody at a club who can get them involved.

It's an absolute fact that Pulis knows more than all our medical staff put together and has more qualifications - why can't you just believe the man? It's not like he's a proven liar or anything.........

Tav left out of the squad today. Perhaps lined up as part of deal where he could go On loan and we get a genuine winger?

He is a genuine winger.

Not really. I'm pretty sure Tav has said himself he prefers playing centrally, and Pulis has stated he sees him more effective inside.

He is a genuine winger.

Not really. I'm pretty sure Tav has said himself he prefers playing centrally, and Pulis has stated he sees him more effective inside.

Fair comment. But I don't think he should be left out of the squad when we have so few other players who can play out wide.

He is a genuine winger.

Fair comment. But I don't think he should be left out of the squad when we have so few other players who can play out wide.

Maybe we want a more proven winger and will allow Tav to get more game time elsewhere where there isn’t as much pressure.

Tavernier always looks pretty ineffective when played on the left, I wouldn’t say he’s a winger at all, his best games that I’ve seen he was playing Downing’s role. Coming in from the right. But I could definately see him as a CM also.

I just think people need to calm down about him he has potential that we see in flashes but he’s a mile off the likes of Bowen, josh Murphy, Callum Robinson.

Completely agree. Can’t imagine Pulis having any sort of medical knowledge, and he doesn’t strike me as someone that would strive to keep up to date with sports science innovations.

He just talks a good game. He says thing he knows the fans will like to hear, and it does sound good. Unfortunately, all that he says doesn’t translate to the performances on the pitch.

I remember hearing an interview with Graham Carr the Newcastle scout, he was in the news quite a bit because he'd found a few good players from the French league. It was the time when they had the likes of Ba, Cisse and Cabaye.

He said that scouting or identifying players isn't actually that hard at the top level and if you spend a lot of time watching football in a certain country you quickly find out who all the best players are.