oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Mikel back on

Yayyyy!. In CM we only have Clayton, Howson, Saville, Besic, McNair, Wing, Leadbitter and Tavernier (Pulis sees as his best position) so we desperately need a 9th CM. It's comical stuff.

I wouldn’t mind selling Clayton or Howson or even sending Besic back.

I'd send Besic back but Clayton is my baby and I never want him to go anywhere.

plus swap besic out and Clayton will look better cause he won't have besic for some reason trying to play 4 yards away from him

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly a midfield of last seasons besic and Mikel should be pretty damn good, I don’t think he should be written off.

Trouble is if Mikel came it'd be essentially Clayton/Besic and him vying for the similar role, as I think he sees Howson/Saville and Wing as more forward (or slightly less defensive in a Pulis line up). In that situation it has to be Besic? Hes the easiest to get rid of and has been in the poorest form.

Lol Mikel, brilliant.   Another one for the future.

Perfectly fits in with the buy them cheap and look to make money on them in the future. Probably on tiny wages too so its a win win.

We are going to end up in the position Sunderland are a few years down the line. Club is being ran absolutely shockingly, only a matter of time before everything goes wrong

Lol Mikel, brilliant.   Another one for the future.

Perfectly fits in with the buy them cheap and look to make money on them in the future. Probably on tiny wages too so its a win win.

He's 32 what are we going to do - sell him in 6 weeks time?

Laughable

Van la Parra, Knudsen and Mikel would make a good transfer window especially if we do manage to get Traore, which I know inside information on.

If we don't manage to get Traore because Wolves don't get sign a replacement then I hope we go take a gamble on a foreign winger like the Bulgarian we were linked with.}

Unfortunately it's all about desperation and it's entirely the wrong way to do things. The club, via Pulis, have spent time recently putting forward this notion that all kinds of things are being changed in the background to try and make a case for Pulis being here when he is the one of the most unpopular managers we've ever had. The reality, in my opinion, is that the club is being driven by desperation.

We only want players who want to be here for the right reasons - what 'right' reasons would John Obi Mikel have to be here? Seriously. At best he's looking to prove himself so that he can get a Premier League club in the summer but of course if he could get one now then that's where he'd be rather than here.

We really need strengthening in other areas and if the rhetoric that things are tight financially is correct then whatever we have available to us should be used in those areas.

And for those that are talking about selling players I don't have a problem with that but are you seriously suggesting that we sell players because we've signed a player for a couple of months? You think that is smart long term thinking?

Uh oh Bolasie exercised an option in his loan to terminate it, Everton want to send him back out they don't want a 70k a week reserve who has 4 players ahead of him if only there was a club out there willing to take this kind of deal on.

Nope I can't think of anyone who would be interested in Bolasie ah well don't know why I'm posting this in a Boro transfer thread because surely we wouldn't go back to that well...

Van la Parra, Knudsen and Mikel would make a good transfer window especially if we do manage to get Traore, which I know inside information on.

If we don't manage to get Traore because Wolves don't get sign a replacement then I hope we go take a gamble on a foreign winger like the Bulgarian we were linked with.}

Is this the same info that has Assombalonga down as a trouble causer etc  :rolleyes: