• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange signing but he's a name so will no doubt make some people happier. He has an excellent pedigree prior to the last two years or so mind so that can't be argued with. Clearly not what we need and clearly the exact opposite of the players we're supposed to be looking for. Could have been a really good signing for us after we got promoted rather than now. A signing in the mould of the signing of Gareth Barry at West Brom perhaps?

Strange signing but he's a name so will no doubt make some people happier.  He has an excellent pedigree prior to the last two years or so mind so that can't be argued with.  Clearly not what we need and clearly the exact opposite of the players we're supposed to be looking for.   Could have been a really good signing for us after we got promoted rather than now.   A signing in the mould of the signing of Gareth Barry at West Brom perhaps?

its not as exact as that though CT i'm shocked he is interested in dropping to the champo.

is he thinking, not going to get a game for the top teams in prem. so relegation battle or promotion battle? 

if thats his attitude its a good one. you would think newcastle or burnley type would come in for him.

its not as exact as that though CT i'm shocked he is interested in dropping to the champo.

is he thinking, not going to get a game for the top teams in prem. so relegation battle or promotion battle? 

if thats his attitude its a good one. you would think newcastle or burnley type would come in for him.

It's possible that Premier League clubs have been put off by his lack of football recently.  Looking at it he hasn't played since October and has only played 7 times since May.  It's possible that he's been promised a lot of game time here in order to be fit for the African Nations Cup in the summer.  It's possible that we're actually paying him a small fortune on his pay as you play deal.  It's an interesting one certainly.

Reach supposedly being offered around....would anyone have him in front of Traore or is it not realistic (too pricey)...does wed's transfer restrictions rule out swaps?...Villa mentioned by Sky as interested

I'd have him ahead of Adama. Much as I love watching Traore, he does an awful lot of standing around without the ball. Plus, we desperately need goals, and Reach has knocked in some absolute screamers this season for Sheff Wed.

Having said that, either player would represent a major upgrade on our current wide options. Assuming we get Mikel, I honestly think we're a good RW away from an automatic spot.

Mikel last played a match in October and has only played 6 games since July. Sorry to be that guy... but I'm a bit sceptical about this one.

I guess he may have kept himself fit, but match-fit is different, it's a long time without a game. Anyway we'll see, the season won't be made or broken on getting in another CDM.

Reach supposedly being offered around....would anyone have him in front of Traore or is it not realistic (too pricey)...does wed's transfer restrictions rule out swaps?...Villa mentioned by Sky as interested

I'd have him ahead of Adama. Much as I love watching Traore, he does an awful lot of standing around without the ball. Plus, we desperately need goals, and Reach has knocked in some absolute screamers this season for Sheff Wed.

Having said that, either player would represent a major upgrade on our current wide options. Assuming we get Mikel, I honestly think we're a good RW away from an automatic spot.

Reach is a better allround footballer than Adama. 

Traore is faster than Adam ... 

I'd take Reach as well :)

Reach is a decent championship footballer with a great eye for a goal. Nothing more.

Adama is by far the better player, I can't believe this is even a discussion.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/755061/John-Obi-Mikel-Middlesbrough-Derby-Signing-Medical-Transfer-News

Apparently we've seen off heavy competition from Derby for Mikel if we get the loose ends tied up. For all the talk of wanting players who will settle in the area long term etc that Pulis talks about Mikel will be just like Saville, and Pulis himself?, who'll leave his family in London and commute when he can so again not sure why he emphasises things that in reality you don't really expect, enforce or care too much about.

Until we see Bausor smiling I guess even this kind of thing isn't sealed but would be typical if somehow it's called off 11th hour or Derby pull some strings.

Reach is a decent championship footballer with a great eye for a goal. Nothing more.

That depends on whether you're talking about the "better player" or "better all-round player."

Reach yes great shot and certainly an improved player but I would like to see someone terrorise the opponents again :relief:

It is not like Adama has torn the Premiership apart with goals or assists in the 3 spells he has had so far. 

A purple patch half a season in the Champo is what he has produced. 

Before that purple patch everybody rated him a headless chicken with speed .. A flop that would never make it ... Worst buy ever etc... 

Just because he is entertaining cause of heroic speedy dribbles ( where about 0,5 percent creates something, before he loses the ball) I don't see anything to make me tick ...

Reach has been consistent the last couple of years, still making himself better and better .. He has scored 30 league goals so far and he is only 25 y.o.

It's a matter of opinions and taste and I like Reach better. Simple as that