oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

New name linked - Charlton's Karlan Grant

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/23/report-west-brom-and-middlesbrough-want-2m-rated-karlan-grant/

"According to a report from the Daily Mail (23/1; page 65), West Brom and Middlesbrough have joined the race to sign Karlan Grant in what would have to be considered a bargain January deal.

Grant has enjoyed a superb season in League One with Charlton Athletic, scoring 14 goals in 27 third tier games this season. But unfortunately for Lee Bowyer's men, his future at The Valley looks to be in some doubt.

The Daily Mail (23/1; page 65) reports that Grant's contract expires in the summer and the Ad***s could be willing to let him go for £2 million this month, with West Brom, Boro and Huddersfield Town all keen on signing the forward."

--

Could be one of the young, unproven players raf said we were after

Also has 5 assists... So 19 contributions to goals in 27 games; goal.contribution every 116 mins.

Another Centre Forward though? I'd take him at £2m, loan him back to Charlton for the remainder of the season.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

With Mikel coming in I can see Pulis going for something like this:

-------------Randolph

Shotton-Ayala-Flint-Friend

------Clayton------Saville

VLP---------Mikel-------Bolasie/another loan signing

--------------Hugill

Really think Mikel coming in will spell the end of Wing in the starting XI unfortunately. But the team there is something I could get behind.

-------------Randolph

--------------Hugill

Really think Mikel coming in will spell the end of Wing in the starting XI unfortunately. But the team there is something I could get behind.

I think if you play Mikel where you have Clayton and add Wing behind Hugill it would be better.Clayton on the bench. I would start Britt ahead of Hugill too.

-------------Randolph

--------------Hugill

I think if you play Mikel where you have Clayton and add Wing behind Hugill it would be better.Clayton on the bench. I would start Britt ahead of Hugill too.

I would probably do all those things too, but I'm thinking more about the sort of team Big Toe will put out rather than the starting lineup most of us would prefer.

I think Pulis’ favourite formation is that old Italian 4-3-3 with a CDM and 2 slightly more advanced ‘box to box’ midfielders (hence the Saville signing) then a out and out winger, striker and then a more up and down wide player on the other side with a narrow back 4

———-—?????————

?????————————

————————-—VLP

—-Saville——-—Wing—

———-—-Mikel———--

Friend-Ayala-Fry-Shotton

————-Randolph——-

-------------Randolph

--------------Hugill

That makes it look like Mikel is gonna play as an attacking midfielder. He's never struck me as being that type of player.

-------------Randolph

--------------Hugill

That makes it look like Mikel is gonna play as an attacking midfielder. He's never struck me as being that type of player.

That's where he plays for Nigeria, and I assume the main reason he's coming here is so that he gets fit for the African Cup of Nations. That was his original position before he moved to Chelsea as well.

He's not like a prolific number 10 or anything, but he's very neat on the ball, can beat a man and pick a pass.

-------------Randolph

--------------Hugill

Ganted I don't see much of Nigeria but in the World Cup I think he had a much more advanced role and if I remember correctly he had a really good WC dictating play for Nigeria. I remember that I was a bit surprised at how much the play revolved around him and how far up the pitch he actually was. He's also playing with the number 10 shirt. 6 goals and 12 assists in 78 games is certainly a lot better than his club record.

I'd entertain Gestede for Maja...but if Fletch can take confidence from last Cup game, would rather keep him..but then again if that's his level, it might be best for him....maybe loan is good if he isn't playing regular

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17378553.boro-midfielder-grant-leadbitter-back-in-sunderlands-sights/

"GRANT LEADBITTER is back on Sunderland’s radar, with manager Jack Ross hoping to take advantage of his situation at Middlesbrough.

A queue of Championship clubs are also believed to be keen on Leadbitter this month, with Stoke City and Blackburn known to be two of those.

But Sunderland hope the prospect of playing at the club where it all started, and he supported as a boy, will prove more appealing."

Would anyone entertain a swap deal involving Fletcher for Maja? Asking for a friend..

If it was up to me I'd prefer Grant (permanent) + maybe Fletcher (loan).  I wouldn't give up on Fletcher just yet personally but I get the impression TP's already made his mind up.

I'd entertain Gestede for Maja...but if Fletch can take confidence from last Cup game, would rather keep him..but then again if that's his level, it might be best for him....maybe loan is good if he isn't playing regular

No way in a million years league one Sunderland are paying Gestedes premier league wages