oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

We got so wrapped up in Maja over the past couple of days but the way the Oliveira stuff came out of Norwich yesterday they were saying the club pushed him to Reading on a cutprice deal because they didn't want to give him to a direct promotion rival who were interested and I don't think they're talking about Swansea...

I think he's got to be looking for a striker to lead the line that's where all these striker links are popping up from basically admitting Hugill's not the guy but I guess in his mind neither is Britt? So we want a new striker to go straight in the team but who doesn't cost a bomb, Yannick Bolasie if you believe literally every newspaper and a LB that's probably Knudsen who's available for 600k not a massive outlay for us seems like it might be a full Paddy McNair splurge at best we have planned financially?

I really want us to deal with Gestede and Leadbitter neither have a role to play with us they need to somehow be moved on I really don't understand the clamour at the club to cash in on Fletcher he could easily contribute for us off the bench but Pulis disagrees. The way things are looking for Britt and Clayton do we sell them in the next 8 days as well there's a lot up in the air at the minute with us I'm not even mentioning Downing here either that's still unresolved there is no certainty in that squad whatsoever.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m happy about signing Mikel because I think he will be a big improvement to our midfield, as much as we need forwards our midfield has been almost as bad.

We signed three midfielders in the summer although one of them can be excused because he doesn't get to play of course.  That says something doesn't it that we're on to new player number four?  To be fair our midfield has in no way been as bad as what passes for our attack though.

Yes it has, our midfield creates nothing and is easily brushed aside against the better teams. We play far to deep because of our midfield.

Is Mikel the answer to that specific problem though? His signing just seems to compound that issue for me, the first bit anyway.

Mikel better than anything we've got and Lurker said low wage and probably 1 in 1 out so if we get rid of a like for like player who's potentially on more money then use that for a winger?

Yes it has, our midfield creates nothing and is easily brushed aside against the better teams. We play far to deep because of our midfield.

Is Mikel the answer to that specific problem though? His signing just seems to compound that issue for me, the first bit anyway.

If his presence allows us more control of the midfield and pushes us further up the pitch as a team then yes it will help a lot.

Mikels not a bad signing if taken in isolation. A player with lots of experience, played at the highest level, and like others have said an improvement on our current options.

If taken in the context of our general requirements, and the philosophy that we heard Pulis banging on about (getting them when they’re up and coming), then it just doesn’t make sense at all.

If we see some outgoings, buy some creative players and wingers, then Mikel will probably be most probably a good signing.

We obviously don't.  We play too deep because we have no real attacking players and a manager who is very defensive.  I'm looking forward to this new attacking football we're going to play though.

We can only hope though that we're signing him because we're progressing in talks for whichever wingers we're after and some clubs are ready to buy our players when we've brought in the new widemen

Didn't jump through hoops with the signing of Mikel but has played way above Championship level in a successful Chelsea team so will give the benefit of the doubt. I hope to he plays further forward and Pulis doesn't have him in a DM role though, but not holding my breath on that one.

A player like Mikel will be a valuable asset to some of the younger lads on the training ground too. Season pro who's won major honours - his pedigree will even benefit those young lads who don't play in his position.

Improves us in the centre of the park. He adds something. Aye, not what we desperately need adding, but improvement is improvement.

Have we signed him yet?

Does the pope *** in the woods?

Not the current one, I wouldn’t have thought, but Pope Leo XII was notorious for it, he often blamed it on a combination of the rich Vatican diet and a need for faster horses.

I want to believe this is a true pope historical fact and not something invented on the spot.