oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Boro did some serious bartering down on Mikel. Money his agent was after was eye watering. Luckily we are only serious offer he has. FIngers crossed its all done now

The only serious offer?  I thought one or two Premier League clubs were interested in him?

Nah it was just paper talk crap. Derby were, but nowhere near us. He's been offered decent package here. His demands were eye watering at first. Soon see if Pulis has got his man soon enough. Him who pushed for him

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Nunthorpe anything else close? Is Lowe from pompy on our list?

We were in hard for Murphy at Cardiff until Warnock started playing him, but we were also in for his brother at Newcastle, but look at whats going on up there, so that will be very last minute imo if at all. 

I think RAF knew a few, but i think hes already mentioned them on here. Madine plus cash was offered by Cardiff for Britt, but Boro flat turned it down. Pulis was pushing hard for Madine aswell

A week until the close and so far our business has been mediocre at best. The only pace we’ve signed is a prem loanee that will take a while to get fit and we’ve used up wages on an ageing (but class) player in the position we least need to strengthen. We still need 1 full back, 1 winger, 1 attacking midfielder and 1 striker - at minimum in my opinion. I want to have confidence that we will get deals done, but I’m starting to think we might not make all those signings... Who on earth is in charge of our recruitment strategy?

Boro did some serious bartering down on Mikel. Money his agent was after was eye watering. Luckily we are only serious offer he has. FIngers crossed its all done now

The only serious offer?  I thought one or two Premier League clubs were interested in him?

Nah it was just paper talk crap. Derby were, but nowhere near us. He's been offered decent package here. His demands were eye watering at first. Soon see if Pulis has got his man soon enough. Him who pushed for him

My info from pompey is being coy on who is genuinely interested in lowe. They do not want to sell unless it is a loan back deal until the end of the season, particularly with the loan recalls they have had.

A week until the close and so far our business has been mediocre at best. The only pace we’ve signed is a prem loanee that will take a while to get fit and we’ve used up wages on an ageing (but class) player in the position we least need to strengthen. We still need 1 full back, 1 winger, 1 attacking midfielder and 1 striker - at minimum in my opinion. I want to have confidence that we will get deals done, but I’m starting to think we might not make all those signings... Who on earth is in charge of our recruitment strategy?

Same every window.. everything starts happening with only a few days left when players see all their options.

We were in hard for Murphy at Cardiff until Warnock started playing him, but we were also in for his brother at Newcastle, but look at whats going on up there, so that will be very last minute imo if at all. 

I think RAF knew a few, but i think hes already mentioned them on here. Madine plus cash was offered by Cardiff for Britt, but Boro flat turned it down. Pulis was pushing hard for Madine aswell

Good lord. Madine is ***e. I live in Sheffield, and the Blades fans are far from convinced by that signing, not just based on his previous bellendery while at Wednesday.

Good lord. Madine is ***. I live in Sheffield, and the Blades fans are far from convinced by that signing, not just based on his previous bellendery while at Wednesday.

Imagine the complete meltdown if it had happened hahaha

So we're paying him decent money then not nice and cheap as it was suggested?

If he accepts yeah. Which I think he will if he hasn’t already. Original demands were eye watering and it’s not just pay as you play (he’s not doing that after earning over 140k a week after taxes) He’s got standard offer with app bonuses and promotion incentives. Pulis player so let’s see if he gets his man

If he accepts yeah. Which I think he will if he hasn’t already. Original demands were eye watering and it’s not just pay as you play (he’s not doing that after earning over 140k a week after taxes) He’s got standard offer with app bonuses and promotion incentives. Pulis player so let’s see if he gets his man

Should we assume pulis is footing the bill cos he doesn't want to spend any of Steve's money!! :P

Should we assume pulis is footing the bill cos he doesn't want to spend any of Steve's money!! :P

Haha he’s all tied up in legal fees from his last departure