oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

imo he was by far the best player on our team when he came on at the weekend, although that's not saying too much.

Agreed VLP looked lively when he came on he brought direct running tried to play quick 1 2s, drew fouls and attacked the box when he had the ball. Pretty excited to see more of him from the start he'll be key for us especially if we fail to get a 2nd winger.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of right backs I can't believe there isn't an available right back out there who can do a better job than Shotton, Fry or potentially Mikel.

Sam Byram was aavailable in the summer but we chose to go with Shotton instead. I just think Pulis prefers centre backs at right, it's all about percentages.

I'm still hoping that we are trying to convince Hull to do a deal regarding Bowen by using fletcher as a sweetener if it's true that they are interested.

Bowen just turned 22 last month so best years in front of him so would imagine Fletcher and around 10 to 12 mill, I don't see Hull entertaining anything less, but Hull are playing well so can't see them letting go of their top scorer without a fight.

I'm actually disappointed we didn't swap Britt for Gary Madine, it would have been a great read on here for a couple of days :)

Maybe he's our new right back, which could only mean one thing....

Dael Fry is the new number 10.

:)  You're better at this than me  :)

I'm actually disappointed we didn't swap Britt for Gary Madine, it would have been a great read on here for a couple of days :)

That's your best post of the year, so far <3

He can play as a #10 or as a CDM, I don't see the problem here.

There is no evidence to support that he can play Number 10 or demonstrated that he has the skills to play there.

He played there for Nigeria at the World Cup and nearly all their forward play went through him.

I'll be honest and say I don't remember that.  I thought Nigeria played with two up front in the World Cup and that Mikel played in midfield?  It was months back to be fair though.  I don't remember him doing a great deal for them or him being one of their better players.  That's only a small sample size of games of course so it's hard to know how useful it is to form an opinion with.

On the subject of right backs I can't believe there isn't an available right back out there who can do a better job than Shotton, Fry or potentially Mikel.

Sam Byram was aavailable in the summer but we chose to go with Shotton instead. I just think Pulis prefers centre backs at right, it's all about percentages.

I mentioned Brightons Ezequiel Schelotto earlier as Brighton want to send him out on loan. Plenty of experience and adds something going forward. Probably a bit too offensive for Pulis' liking though.

What's not to be happy about?

That we spent millions of Pounds on central midfield in the summer and we're now spending more on it?

That he has been playing in China for 2 years?  

That he's played a handful of games since the World Cup so can't be fit?

I don't know if those are things to be unhappy about but I'd say they are things not to be happy about.

imo he was by far the best player on our team when he came on at the weekend, although that's not saying too much.

He was the only player in the team that showed any desire to take on the opposition and actually try to create something.

To be fair, he was the only player in that team whose game is to take on the opposition and try to create something.

That's your best post of the year, so far <3

And yet you didn't 'like' it, Mr Firestarter.

I'm still hoping that we are trying to convince Hull to do a deal regarding Bowen by using fletcher as a sweetener if it's true that they are interested.

Hull quoted clubs £15m in summer. Absolute no go that.

It's more of a vague hope :liar: Any idea who we are looking at now that we've gotten Mikel over the line and Leadbitter seems to go.