oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Has there been any confirmation as to how long Mikel’s contract is? I assume from the “short term deal” on the official website it is until the end of the season but has this been confirmed?

The way he talked in his interview it's till the end of the season but he'd stay if we went up.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been any confirmation as to how long Mikel’s contract is? I assume from the “short term deal” on the official website it is until the end of the season but has this been confirmed?

The way he talked in his interview it's till the end of the season but he'd stay if we went up.

Yes I took it that way too brunners

Given everything Pulis has said about wanting players that want to be here and given that Bolaise turned us down at the last minute to go somewhere else (and his tweet at the time), how could he justify signing him? Confused?

Tbh I wouldn't particularly take him, but if he ends up being our only option come the end of the window then he is probably a better short term solution than having to start a CM out wide or Downing. At least he will be match fit but how is his motivation. If it was up to me I'd rather start Tavernier, but that's not going to happen.

If we can shift at least a portion of Leadbitter's wages along with Chapman and somehow get rid of Gestede, i'd be quite happy with the outgoings. We really do need a RB and a RW, Adama on loan would be perfect for the latter.

What i'd absolutely love to see, and realise there is absolutely 0 chance of seeing under TP:

Randolph

RB - Fry - Ayala - Friend

Mikel

Saville - Wing

Traore - Britt - VLP

If we can shift at least a portion of Leadbitter's wages along with Chapman and somehow get rid of Gestede, i'd be quite happy with the outgoings. We really do need a RB and a RW, Adama on loan would be perfect for the latter.

What i'd absolutely love to see, and realise there is absolutely 0 chance of seeing under TP:

Randolph

RB - Fry - Ayala - Friend

Mikel

Saville - Wing

Traore - Britt - VLP

I am genuinely interested to see what formation Pulis will play if he actually gets his hands on the two pacey wingers he claims to want. We have one now... remains to be seen if he's any good but still. Just need one more, Traore would be incredible but I'm not holding my breath.

But yeah two wingers and two attack minded centre mids does seem like a fantasy unfortunately.

Pulis has just denied Bolasie "No, Yannick is not coming here at all. We have not talked about Yannick."

Has also said something link Mikel gave everyone a lift coming through the door and hopefully they can get one or two more of his ilk. I'm hoping he means talent and not another two central midfielders (but we all know what he is referring to)

Pulis press conference: seemed to ruleout Bolasie. Confirmed Grant & Sunderland still trying to get it done. Missed out on a few but still trying for a few more.

I think getting Mikel in could potentially help with getting players in. Attacking players knowing they’ve got someone of his quality and experience behind them isn’t going to hurt.

Few players out with flu so could be an interesting team tomorrow

Which door did he come through and who did he give a lift to?

His signing on fee was a minibus. He wants to get his taxi license for when he retires so we are letting him practise. He gave Hugill a lift because he kept falling over. They went in through the back door because Gestede was blocking the front door due to an injury.

75k wages probably ruled that one out. Guy probably felt he wasn't going to get promoted with Villa so he just cancelled it. We dodged a massive bullet with him imo. He's been terrible at Villa

2 goals and 5 assists is decent considering he has been getting back to match fitness. That said I agree though. Too much money and his heart doesn't seem to be in it.

I'm hoping we're in touch with Brounemouth regarding Jordon Ibe. Has only started 3 matches in the league and a been subbed on a further 7 times. Been left out completely 5 times most recently in their last match. They're also out of the FA Cup so won't need him there. Perhaps a bit ambitious. They've also recently signed Solanke for big money so he might take one of the attacking spots in the match day squad.