oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Hope we have a decent sell on clause for Chapman. Never seemed to be able to take the step up here.

He's never going to reach his full potential, the lad has a massive attitude problem and I quote from someone who sees him fairly regularly is "a bit of a cock."

If he does the business on the pitch he's attitude doesn't bother me in the slightest, Villa have one like that in Jack Grealish, and I  wish we had a player as good as him attitude or not.

He's never done the business on the pitch either though.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope we have a decent sell on clause for Chapman. Never seemed to be able to take the step up here.

He's never going to reach his full potential, the lad has a massive attitude problem and I quote from someone who sees him fairly regularly is "a bit of a cock."

If he does the business on the pitch he's attitude doesn't bother me in the slightest, Villa have one like that in Jack Grealish, and I  wish we had a player as good as him attitude or not.

He's never really done it on the pitch either though, not consistently at any level close to this one.

I've heard a few things about his off the field attitude as well, that type of stuff goes all the way back to when Karanka was here. If you live in the same town as Chapman or know anyone from there it won't surprise you to hear some negative stories about him.

I think Harry needs to get away from this area to have any chance of making a career for himself.

I'd file Lowe under 'extremely unlikely'. Portsmouth are top of League 1 and he's their standout player. It would take a hell of an offer to convince them to sell, especially as they won't have much chance to replace him

He's never really done it on the pitch either though, not consistently at any level close to this one.

I've heard a few things about his off the field attitude as well, that type of stuff goes all the way back to when Karanka was here. If you live in the same town as Chapman or know anyone from there it won't surprise you to hear some negative stories about him.

I think Harry needs to get away from this area to have any chance of making a career for himself.

In fairness to Chapman he's had a lot of injuries and that would be a concern to any club he plays for, doesn't matter how good you are if your injury prone.

If he is a bit of a *** off the field then perhaps his coaches/manager should invest in a good pair of hob nailed boots :)

Chapman had the kid gloves treatment from 15+ he was the golden boy who we built our youth teams around he was the next big thing, then the injuries come and he thinks the only way to stay a part of squads when he's crocked isn't the cafeteria at a training ground but a nightclub it just seems to have snowballed from there.

I think we'll regret letting him go Blackburn ain't going down give him until the summer there to prove his fitness he could easily be a Championship standout this time next year for them. You don't do the kind of things he did vs top European clubs youth teams unless you have something extra about you, not saying we shouldn't let him go just think we'll regret not getting to see him perform here, there's a reason the club treated him like a star from an early age and a reason they gave him his first pro contract for 4 years personally I don't think they were wrong in that assessment but we'll see.

I think Pulis’ favourite formation is that old Italian 4-3-3 with a CDM and 2 slightly more advanced ‘box to box’ midfielders (hence the Saville signing) then a out and out winger, striker and then a more up and down wide player on the other side with a narrow back 4

———-—?????————

?????————————

————————-—VLP

—-Saville——-—Wing—

———-—-Mikel———--

Friend-Ayala-Fry-Shotton

————-Randolph——-

Happy to see that midfield today and more than okay with Assombalonga being our starting Striker but with Pulis saying he wants 2 more attackers maybe he isn't, just need to get VLP match fit and make a big signing with another winger to come in and perform

That midfield today isn’t pulling up any trees.

Agreed, but they need game time to work well and implement a way of playing. I’m over the moon with the team today. I’d rather have had VLP and Tav either side of Britt but I’m glad it is a strong team that can get some time together and hopefully build confidence.

Just need that other winger and that other striker that Pulis thinks will make us tick ...

I wonder if John Obi Mikel has any friends?