• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so the Birmingham reporter for the Mirrorr says Che Adams to Southampton is almost agreed in principle for 15 million, Birmingham are talking to the EFL to get assurances if they sell they can buy without being embargoed then it will go through.

So I guess not so crazy for us to think we can grab Vessell since they'd be able to buy players again if they sold Adams, he's a decent player Che Adams but 15 million's a ridiculous price for him.

Have we been linked with anyone that would make you think “bloody hell we’re going for it”?

No. That's why I said earlier in the month I'm completely underwhelmed. Around the time of the Mikel link initially surfacing, Okazaki was mentioned too. He's the only one that's made me sit up and take notice, and that seemed to fizzle out as soon as it appeared.

Brilliant so Vickers says not only do we want Vassell but are cautious spending 2 million because of his injury record he then says we want Che Adams who's closing on a 15 million pound move to Southampton can't wrap my head around that.

I guess we're back to the policy of one club's players at a time Jesus Christ.

So we could be going from a striker who's record is 1 in 2 in this league to a striker who has only ever scored 1 in this league?

How do they rate him at £2m as well?

So they signed him for around a million from Luton he then gets a bad injury almost straight away but they've spent time rehabbing him makes sense they don't want to lose money on him. I'll say this about Vassell he was being lined up for a loan move to Portsmouth this month so he's not in Monk's plans and to sell to a Championship rival you can understand them wanting to make a little chunk of money on what they paid.

Not defending us signing/wanting him the only thing I know is he is apparently as quick as Adama he's probably the quickest player in the Championshipp at the minute or at least was before his cruciate.

Brilliant so Vickers says not only do we want Vassell but are cautious spending 2 million because of his injury record he then says we want Che Adams who's closing on a 15 million pound move to Southampton can't wrap my head around that.

He doesn't say that at all.

It says: "Meanwhile Boro are reported to also be keen on City striker Che Adams but they face a lot of competition"

It says: "Meanwhile Boro are reported to also be keen on City striker Che Adams but they face a lot of competition"

It's Vickers speak for saying he's on the list otherwise he wouldn't mention it, every transfer article he's ever done he uses the same vernacular. You've read his work before so you know that so the pedantry is about what exactly?

It's Vickers speak for saying he's on the list otherwise he wouldn't mention it, every transfer article he's ever done he uses the same vernacular. You've read his work before so you know that so the pedantry is about what exactly?

It's not pedantry really. You're making a point that our club's policy is currently looking at just Birmingham players, but in actual fact we haven't signed any of their players, and there's only Alan Nixon suggesting that we've actually bid for any of them, and an even more tenuous link with Adams.

It's not pedantry really. You're making a point that our club's policy is currently looking at just Birmingham players, but in actual fact we haven't signed any of their players, and there's only Alan Nixon suggesting that we've actually bid for any of them, and an even more tenuous link with Adams.

I think someone at the club has read the strategy wrong. Instead of reading "sell Monk's rejects", we are buying his current ones.

Nixon didn't actually break the Vassell story it was the Sunday Times over a week ago he just said we had a bid rejected over the weekend, until they're in a car driving to Hurworth the Gazette don't break stories themselves but they do a two step where they say 'reports say' or 'reported by local xxx' that's why I think there's a specificity to Vickers mentioning interest in Adams but not, say, our 'reported' interest in Jutkiewicz in that story about us being eager to sign Vassell.

I didn't realise it would be controversial to suggest maybe we're tunnelling in on one clubs squadlist again I mean...

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-make-late-move-millwall-15010942

Notice how the rumours of the Fulham trio were shot down same day and specifically by the Gazette it's not like they're clueless on who we're targetting, him putting a mini bio on Che Adams in his story doesn't mean we're signing him I just think it means we're interested if you think Vickers is clueless then fine but I was simply saying that story heavily implies in an ideal world we'd sign Che Adams and Vassell if the prices were right which is us once again narrowing our focus to 1 club just like Martina/Bolasie/Besic and Wallace/Saville from the summer that's all.

I think someone at the club has read the strategy wrong. Instead of reading "sell Monk's rejects", we are buying his current ones.

monk didnt like ayala and clayton. i'd hardly judge his liking of a player to write off anyone.

Do you ever sit and wonder what our club long term vision is?

Are we investing in youth? Are we trying to get instant success?

I can't help but feel the foundations of Karanka and the stability he made has been eroded slowly.

Our limited attacking threat is going. Bamford being sold? Assombalonga rumoured to be leaving? What the *** is going on?!

Whilst we are still left with players who can only play one way.

What worries me the most is that we're not even thinking about next season with now. Are our decisions being made with next season in mind?

It's worrying.

Why do you think I'm such a bitter and twisted miserable bugger?

Welcome back (I think?)

I'm back baby! Forgetting my old account information in the process!

If you want to reactivate your old account just pm me with a new password and I will set it up, once running this new one can be deleted