oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

only 2 and half years for Chapman, not exactly a vote of confidence in him

I thought that. Let down by his attitude here. Hope he’s one of those that needed to get away to realise their potential.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that. Let down by his attitude here. Hope he’s one of those that needed to get away to realise their potential.

Blackburn will have paid next to nothing for him and will more than likely have an option to extend on their terms.

Blackburn will have paid next to nothing for him and will more than likely have an option to extend on their terms.

A small fee and a 50% sell on clause will be more than enough

I wonder whether Pulis has financial incentives built into his contract for keeping us in the black or takes a small percentage of player sales.

It sounds outrageous but that was was the type of contract that Wenger was reported to be on at ***nal. It maybe explains why Pulis would want to join a club with financial constraints as well.

Apparently Stoke want Charlie Austin, surely we would be looking at that if Stoke are! Maybe that's why we're willing to get rid of Britt so we can use his wages towards a deal?

Rumours down south that he is joining Villa

Wouldn't surprise me, they'll have anyone high profile and still do crap

Apparently Stoke want Charlie Austin, surely we would be looking at that if Stoke are! Maybe that's why we're willing to get rid of Britt so we can use his wages towards a deal?

I don't see how he fits in with them, but they seem to be more concerned with buying names rather than players that fit a system, I would be annoyed if he joined a rival though as he would fit in with the Pulis system

I don't see how he fits in with them, but they seem to be more concerned with buying names rather than players that fit a system, I would be annoyed if he joined a rival though as he would fit in with the Pulis system

I agree. Definitely the sort of player we need to be targeting. Bring in a top attacking presence behind him and Hugill/Britt and we'd be onto something.  Remains to be seen so far though.

Slightly off topic.. I read something from the Merseyside media the other day about Everton paying the majority of Besic's wages, which are only 25k. might explain why we're in no rush to return him, sounds like he's costing us very little.

I think this is a bit unfair.

I think he gives his managers total control and doesn't interfere the way that, for example, Forest's owner/chairmen do.

I also dont think the recruitment department are to blame either if Pulis is having final say on which players we end up buying.

For me, the blame is squarely on Pulis and Bausor. Bausor runs things on a day to day basis, not Gibson.

I meant that despite record premier league tv Money, parachute payments, 3 big sales in the summer we still are relying on loans and low fee players. Where has the money from Gibson, Traore and Bamford gone and why isn’t it being invested in this squad

as of late 2018 Leeds had paid us a grand total of £0 for Paddy

If that’s true then it just makes the club even more incompetent

I’m curious to know why you think it’s a bad thing? It’s not like we are not getting the money! With FFP stretching over a rolling 3 year period it could be a master stroke by the club to push a ten million deal into the next year instead of having all deals done last summer. That way it’ll be easier to comply with FFP for a longer period. But then again they could just be incompetent. Please explain.

Selling your best striker to a promotion rival, replacing him with a very poor striker on loan, then it’s looking pretty clear that the club has no money so we’re relying on loans and free transfers. We could have done with that money up front if our finances are as poor as people say.

I wouldn’t worry about us being in breach of ffp, have to actually spend money for that to happen

I agree. Definitely the sort of player we need to be targeting. Bring in a top attacking presence behind him and Hugill/Britt and we'd be onto something.  Remains to be seen so far though.

Adding a 29yr old on >£50k / week over 3 years is just the opposite of what we need really. The club is going in a different direction I think. We dont create chances for our forwards. Big if but if money is tight we need to prioritise the supply.

Slightly off topic.. I read something from the Merseyside media the other day about Everton paying the majority of Besic's wages, which are only 25k. might explain why we're in no rush to return him, sounds like he's costing us very little.

So in this age of austerity, we were going to buy him for £6m and pay him at least £25k per week?  Why would they pay most of his wages when we were going to buy him?