oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

It's painful how badly we're being decimated by Pulis. We signed him with the knowledge that he'd play defensive football, youth would barely be given a chance but that we would grind out the odd result. And to be fair, it wasn't an impossible plan - and I don't think it's an impossibility that we'll potentially finish top 6 and crawl into the PL. However; the danger is that it's far more likely that we will fall short in the lottery of the playoffs (if we even get there) - and then we're left with an ageing squad with minimal resell value, bereft of any of the creativity we once had, and a budget cap like most of the rest of the Championship plodders. Plus we can forget about eventually bringing in a manager who might rekindle some creative football because he'll have absolutely nothing to work.

In short, we're f*****.

Looking forward to either an embarrassing exit at the hands of Newport or 8-0 drubbing against City though...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way Friend should cover at CB. It's bad enough at LB and he hasn't really played much at the back throughout his time here. McNair would likely also be a disaster. As would Mikel.

Can someone that told us to judge pulis at the end of the transfer window explain how this is better? I know that there are a couple of days to go but are we expecting someone ground-breaking because if we don't get someone like this then I don't see improvement at all.

Guessing pulis will be exempt from any blame though and it will have been the club that has let him down.

Appears it doesn't matter who let's the fans down though.

Can someone that told us to judge pulis at the end of the transfer window explain how this is better? I know that there are a couple of days to go but are we expecting someone ground-breaking because if we don't get someone like this then I don't see improvement at all.

Guessing pulis will be exempt from any blame though and it will have been the club that has let him down.

Well it's like anything else, I suppose it's not over til the fat lady sings. She's doing her vocal exercises as we speak, but doesn't go on stage just yet!

If you're 1-0 down in the 89th minute, and then go and score in the 90th and 94th, it's still a good result.

Yes it's unlikely, just like it's unlikely that this window will be anything other than crap, but there's no harm in waiting another 60 hours or so before we polish our knives.

Of the outgoings ... The only one who will be missed a little from the usual match squad is Batth and maybe Braithwaite.

Chapman (issues, showboating) not used.. Grant (legs gone) not used..

Incomings so far is Mikel and VLP which is an improvement on paper and both showed "ok" things so far. They will be important.

Well it's like anything else, I suppose it's not over til the fat lady sings. She's doing her vocal exercises as we speak, but doesn't go on stage just yet!

If you're 1-0 down in the 89th minute, and then go and score in the 90th and 94th, it's still a good result.

Yes it's unlikely, just like it's unlikely that this window will be anything other than crap, but there's no harm in waiting another 60 hours or so before we polish our knives.

If she starts with "rolling in the deep", then we are doomed!

Does anyone think, Leadbitter will give them cats a boost? I think he can be very important for them and help them go up...

I wouldn't mind, cause we would have nice derbys, if we stay in the champo...

Does anyone think, Leadbitter will give them cats a boost? I think he can be very important for them and help them go up...

Still not a derby;)

Of the outgoings ... The only one who will be missed a little from the usual match squad is Batth and maybe Braithwaite.

Chapman (issues, showboating) not used.. Grant (legs gone) not used..

Incomings so far is Mikel and VLP which is an improvement on paper and both showed "ok" things so far. They will be important.

This

And it seems to be most of the people complaining about us letting Batth go are the same ones that where complaining about pulis signings another CB when we signed batth.

Still not a derby;)

Aiigght - I remember now.. Funny cooment from their manager at that time :D