oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

When you look back to what we had during the Karanka reign, you'd bite your hand off for it now.

2 capable players for each position, a style of football which suited our players or rather played to their strengths, a manager with some pedigree and most importantly for me, a long term vision.

Now as a Boro fan at the moment, I'm not sure many of us can stomach the games because they're not enjoyable, but also I have absolutely no idea what our vision is meant to be.

Are we signing players for instant success whilst snubbing youth? Are we trimming the wage bill for a new manager in the summer? Are we going to have to dismantle to rebuild? Are we going to have a 5 year plan rather than "smashing the league".

This is how bad it's got, But I would have rather kept Monk than bring in Pulis. I just can't love any aspect of Boro at the moment and it makes me so sad that my boyhood team just leaves me feeling so meh on a weekend.

I used to like Pulis but his shine is wearing thin. There's only so many times you can talk the talk in a post match presser and then never back it up.

Tactics? Terrible.

Enjoyment? Minimal.

Long term plan? Non existent

Home form? Garbage.

Transfer policy? Scary

Yet somehow we are still in touching distance of the Autos. Baffling really.

A fine return to the forum.

Great post tbh, encapsulates much of what many feel about the situation. However there are still many that do believe, and don't agree. I'm worried what it will take to get the fanbase completely anti-Pulis tbh.

Why do you want the fanbase to be completely anti-Pulis?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

@GraemeBailey

Bristol City are looking at Britt Assombalonga. Be hard to get deal done by Thursday but Middlesbrough are open to a sale. Player is far from happy with how things have been going in recent months, spending much of his time on the substitutes bench. There are other sides looking.

If we can only sell him to a team beginning with 'B' and we want half of Birmingham's team then wouldn't his former manager want him...

When you look back to what we had during the Karanka reign, you'd bite your hand off for it now.

2 capable players for each position, a style of football which suited our players or rather played to their strengths, a manager with some pedigree and most importantly for me, a long term vision.

Now as a Boro fan at the moment, I'm not sure many of us can stomach the games because they're not enjoyable, but also I have absolutely no idea what our vision is meant to be.

Are we signing players for instant success whilst snubbing youth? Are we trimming the wage bill for a new manager in the summer? Are we going to have to dismantle to rebuild? Are we going to have a 5 year plan rather than "smashing the league".

This is how bad it's got, But I would have rather kept Monk than bring in Pulis. I just can't love any aspect of Boro at the moment and it makes me so sad that my boyhood team just leaves me feeling so meh on a weekend.

I used to like Pulis but his shine is wearing thin. There's only so many times you can talk the talk in a post match presser and then never back it up.

Tactics? Terrible.

Enjoyment? Minimal.

Home form? Garbage.

Transfer policy? Scary

Great post tbh, encapsulates much of what many feel about the situation. However there are still many that do believe, and don't agree. I'm worried what it will take to get the fanbase completely anti-Pulis tbh.

Too stop all of the pointless arguing when it's clear we need him gone?  ;)

Tactics? Terrible.

Enjoyment? Minimal.

Home form? Garbage.

Transfer policy? Scary

Too stop all of the pointless arguing when it's clear we need him gone?  ;)

I have you now. You’re a shepherd aren’t you?

Just watch us sell Britt and replace him with Crouch. It’ll be brilliant.

We are not in for Crouch but there has been an inquiry for Matt Smith along with Marc Roberts

Now I know you're taking the ***  :D

It depends entirely who we replace him with do we go with a guy like Maupay with very little track record or do we go with someone with no resale value who's 29/30 like Vokes or Austin.

Can we afford them?

If we sell a striker like Britt and don't spend 8 figures on a replacement why are we even bothering with Pulis as a manager we should just pack it all up and actually live up to the words about tightening budgets and woe woe poor little Boro. Leeds are going to end up shelling out 8 figures for Daniel James for us to go a window where we're in a supposedly great position and spend 2 million on Isaac Vassell whilst selling Britt would be too much of a *itshow even for us.

I know it's Bailey but Bristol City were in hard for a striker all window rivalling Sheff for Hogan who now looks like he's made his choice so they're moving to other targets and I guess it's plausible one of them is Britt?

We are not in for Crouch but there has been an inquiry for Matt Smith along with Marc Roberts

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of either :)

Well Matt Smith used to be Doctor Who and believe me when I say this, I'd rather we signed him than his namesake who is a lanky striker that plays for QPR.  In a nice twist however, he is from Birmingham  :)

Well Matt Smith used to be Doctor Who and believe me when I say this, I'd rather we signed him than his namesake who is a lanky striker that plays for QPR.  In a nice twist however, he is from Birmingham  :)

Haha. I had a feeling it was the qpr guy. Had to google him. 29 year old substitute with 1 goal to his name this season. Almost 2 meters tall though. Think I’d rather have crouch.