oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Vokes on £9m when he again is 29 and will have no resale value...scary thought.

Surely Gibson has learnt his lesson on paying big on players with no resale value after the 2003-2006 era?

£9m is about par for someone of that level these days.

And, for the type of striker we seem to be looking for, he's about as good as we're going to get without looking abroad.

And he's probably only on £5k per week as well like Mikel  :upside_down:

£9m on a 29 year old for us would be insane so I can't see it happening.

That's an oxymoron there, mate.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Vokes on £9m when he again is 29 and will have no resale value...scary thought.

Surely Gibson has learnt his lesson on paying big on players with no resale value after the 2003-2006 era?

£9m is about par for someone of that level these days.

And, for the type of striker we seem to be looking for, he's about as good as we're going to get without looking abroad.

And he's probably only on £5k per week as well like Mikel  :upside_down:

£9m on a 29 year old for us would be insane so I can't see it happening.

That's an oxymoron there, mate.

Well yeah true but I think it's too insane even for us.  I just can't see it.

My biggest worry transfer wise is that we are getting rid of our "better" players and replacing them with "pulis" players.

I agree that the squad we have now could challenge under the correct methodology and stewardship. However, the good players are leaving.

When the new guy (hopefully sooner rather than later) comes in then will he want to work with a bunch of giants.

It may well be that we bring in a "footballing" manager who doesn't want the giants. However, gibbo won't give any money up and we end up relying on 5-6 kids form the youths hoping that we find a Josh Maja type to keep us towards the top end of the division.

No promotion could see us having Fletcher and Walker as our strike options next season. I love giving the kids a chance but could we rely on them to fire us to anywhere near promotion?

However, it should be more entertaining with kids giving their all for the shirt.

Who do you consider to be the "better" players that we are getting rid of?

I think its fairly common knowledge that britt, braith, bamford, adama and gibson were our best. Those that have been sold have been replaced with pulis players (or no one) and the ones that are potentially leaving (Britt, maybe fletcher) will be replaced no doubt by plodders too.

Note that I posted this before the Britt loan rumours so we may get him back. However, a loan with option to buy wouldn't surprise me. We could be literally relying 6 or 7 youth products all at the same time. Worst case scenario, but a potential scenario nonetheless

I don't recall a period in our clubs history where have been so publically and regularly beaten to players by clubs around us before? There were a lot of players in summer who were strongly linked to us before moving elsewhere and the same seems to be the case now. It's a bit embarassing, even my mates who don't follow the championship often are picking up on it and giving me abuse for it!

Murphy expected to go to WBA according to the Telegraph.

As expected. Probably the Pulis effect. We've probably hung our hat on that one and the minimal likelyhood that Traore would somehow end up here. Now we've got nothing but will save some money. Uuuhhh I'm bedwetting  :crying:

Were skint but spent 12m on Saville n Mcnair... What a waste of money imagine the wingers you could sign for that.. Or full backs.

Or baseball caps.

Make Boro Great Again

:) 

Tony Pulis - "I will build a great wall, right in front of our goal"

"And Blackburn Rovers are gonna pay for it!"

How many loans have we had so far this season?

Hugill, Besic and Van la Parra are the only ones in on loan I think, now that Saville's deal is permanent, and Batth has gone.

We’ll just give Downing the extension, the Gazette spin doctors already ran an article saying “Stewart Downing's attacking value to Middlesbrough shows no sign of fading

Forget that’s he’s 34, Downing remains one of the few players in the team capable of making things happen,”

Must’ve been watching a different team to us the past few seasons

Despodov €3 million while we’ll chase less talented players for miles more and we’ll wait till the last day of the window before they turn us down to go to a club that plays football

Get me to the summer and completely overhaul this club top to bottom

anyone with any actual Boro football rumours before people start slashing their wrists

I've heard a rumour that we're skint if that might help cheer people up?  :upside_down:

We could have a whip-round on here to help the club out, my fivers ready and waiting.