• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall a period in our clubs history where have been so publically and regularly beaten to players by clubs around us before? There were a lot of players in summer who were strongly linked to us before moving elsewhere and the same seems to be the case now. It's  a bit embarassing, even my mates who don't follow the championship often are picking up on it and giving me abuse for it!

Yeah it is very noticeable. I can fully understand any player for not wanting to sign for Pulis. I can also understand any current players wanting to leave because of it. We're an awful football team. It's unbearable to watch so I can imagine it's even worse to play in, especially for attacking players who want to play football.

Murphy expected to go to WBA according to the Telegraph.

As expected. Probably the Pulis effect. We've probably hung our hat on that one and the minimal likelyhood that Traore would somehow end up here. Now we've got nothing but will save some money. Uuuhhh I'm bedwetting  :crying:

I'm still clinging on to that one, according to one of their local journos, after last night's game Nuno said "The club is ready, people are ready." when asked about new signings.

Look on the bright side, Murphy going to West Brom frees up Robson-Kanu to come to us.

Just been sick in my mouth a little bit :s

I don't recall a period in our clubs history where have been so publically and regularly beaten to players by clubs around us before? There were a lot of players in summer who were strongly linked to us before moving elsewhere and the same seems to be the case now. It's  a bit embarassing, even my mates who don't follow the championship often are picking up on it and giving me abuse for it!

It's just social media and football forums, mate.

There are many more rumours, these days, with  far more speculation from lazy journalists who leap to conclusions and "publish" on twitter and blog spots, with no responsibility for checking facts.

There is also an element of ITK people who get told things and post those in good faith, these tenuous links are then taken as gospel by hungry fans craving information about the next big signing. Before you know it people are going insane, as if the second coming of Jesus has just been heralded, or on the other hand saying we can't buy him, he's terrible what is our club doing?

I'm sure it happens at most clubs, take everything with a pinch of salt.

Look on the bright side, Murphy going to West Brom frees up Robson-Kanu to come to us.

Vokes and Robson-Kanu?

Makes sense. Spanish manager brought in Spanish players, Welsh manager brings in Welsh...

Shame Gareth Bale is far too productive to be in a Tony Pulis side.

Vokes and Robson-Kanu?

Makes sense. Spanish manager brought in Spanish players, Welsh manager brings in Welsh...

Vokes is going to Stoke

How many loans have we had so far this season?

Hugill, Besic and Van la Parra are the only ones in on loan I think, now that Saville's deal is permanent, and Batth has gone.

Is there a limit as to how many you can over a season though?  We must have had 6 so far?

It's just social media and football forums, mate.

There are many more rumours, these days, with  far more speculation from lazy journalists who leap to conclusions and "publish" on twitter and blog spots, with no responsibility for checking facts.

There is also an element of ITK people who get told things and post those in good faith, these tenuous links are then taken as gospel by hungry fans craving information about the next big signing. Before you know it people are going insane, as if the second coming of Jesus has just been heralded, or on the other hand saying we can't buy him, he's terrible what is our club doing?

I'm sure it happens at most clubs, take everything with a pinch of salt.

There's some truth to that but we know we were in for certain players that went elsewhere - Bryan and Bolasie as a couple of examples.  If we'd actually made the signings we were trying to make in the summer we'd have spent a small fortune, which seems to get lost in the 'the club have spent too much money' stuff that has been peddled over the last 4/6 weeks.

Vokes and Robson-Kanu?

Vokes is going to Stoke

Oh well. We'll just.have to bring Ian Rush out of retirement. Sure him and Stewy can share a Zimmer frame.

How many loans have we had so far this season?

Hugill, Besic and Van la Parra are the only ones in on loan I think, now that Saville's deal is permanent, and Batth has gone.

Is there a limit as to how many you can over a season though?  We must have had 6 so far?

don't think so, you can only have 5 in a match day squad though.