oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Someone asked Nixon if we’re getting any quick attackers in then a wba fan piped up

@superbobgod We had 7 transfer windows with him saying the same - it’s all BS!! The forwards and full back transfers all fall through and it’s not his fault, but he always manages the def mid and c/h signings - funny that!

Yep. WBA fans down here have been saying the same.

WBA same to forget that they where *** before pulis too

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone asked Nixon if we’re getting any quick attackers in then a wba fan piped up

@superbobgod We had 7 transfer windows with him saying the same - it’s all BS!! The forwards and full back transfers all fall through and it’s not his fault, but he always manages the def mid and c/h signings - funny that!

Yep. WBA fans down here have been saying the same.

WBA same to forget that they where *** before pulis too

Actually they had better seasons before he arrived.

Pulis has to be a factor of players turning us down. Ive never known anything like this.  Nice stadium, nice surrounding area's, amazing training facilities but a dinosaur manager.

Your right before pulis joined players where banging the door down to join us. That’s why we didn’t need to pay them over inflated contracts to attract them here.

I don't think you have to pay over-inflated contracts for loan players.  Well I suppose you could but it's basically just their actual contracts you're paying.  I think Dan was talking about some of the loan deals with missed out on or potentially missed out on to other Championship clubs like Murphy, if indeed we do miss out on him as I can't see anything has been agreed anywhere yet.  Until it is then we still have a chance of landing him.

I don't recall a period in our clubs history where have been so publically and regularly beaten to players by clubs around us before? There were a lot of players in summer who were strongly linked to us before moving elsewhere and the same seems to be the case now. It's a bit embarassing, even my mates who don't follow the championship often are picking up on it and giving me abuse for it!

Pulis PR machine....."look at all these players we tried to sign. We really are trying. It's not my fault. And I'm a good manager, you can tell because of the calibre of player. Both Murphy's. I must be good!!"

I don't recall a period in our clubs history where have been so publically and regularly beaten to players by clubs around us before? There were a lot of players in summer who were strongly linked to us before moving elsewhere and the same seems to be the case now. It's  a bit embarassing, even my mates who don't follow the championship often are picking up on it and giving me abuse for it!

Pulis PR machine....."look at all these players we tried to sign. We really are trying. It's not my fault. And I'm a good manager, you can tell because of the calibre of player. Both Murphy's. I must be good!!"

He's definately a good attacker repellent

I don't recall a period in our clubs history where have been so publically and regularly beaten to players by clubs around us before? There were a lot of players in summer who were strongly linked to us before moving elsewhere and the same seems to be the case now. It's a bit embarassing, even my mates who don't follow the championship often are picking up on it and giving me abuse for it!

Gibson knows he’s saying and doing this and yet pulis is still here. Which makes me think he’s doing exactly what Gibson wants him to do.

I don't recall a period in our clubs history where have been so publically and regularly beaten to players by clubs around us before? There were a lot of players in summer who were strongly linked to us before moving elsewhere and the same seems to be the case now. It's  a bit embarassing, even my mates who don't follow the championship often are picking up on it and giving me abuse for it!

Gibson knows he’s saying and doing  this and yet pulis is still here. Which makes me think he’s doing exactly what Gibson wants him to do.

Me too.

Gibson knows he’s saying and doing this and yet pulis is still here. Which makes me think he’s doing exactly what Gibson wants him to do.

Agreed. That's why I said "we". Gibson knew the pr machine he was getting, no doubt.

There was always going to be a time when people realised it was bigger than just pulis.

Quite clever from Gibson. Keep the fans off his back by giving them a manager to focus their dislike on!!

we are still paying the price for the disastrous summer transfer windows from 2016, and the complete shambles of a rebuild by monk the year after. Pulis is fire fighting for gibson imo. shouldnt really pin it all on him. gibson and the lunatic giving the recruitment team jobs needs majority of blame.

‘Pulis is fire fighting for Gibson’

Forced out our best striker by all accounts

Had a working system early in the season and abandoned it for one that made Britt and braithwaite look half the players.

Insists on playing hugill who looks awful

Spent £12m on midfielders who barely played and when they did looked massively average.

Forgive me if I wouldn’t want pulis smashing through my window if my house was burning down

I have a feeling that Boro PLC has hit a financial glass ceiling. Questions of the competence of the manager aside, we are in a far more competitive environment now than we were a few years back and although the injections of cash that Bulkhaul can offer might be enough to sustain us in the Championship, they are nowhere near enough to do the same thing in the Premier League.

In a nutshell, this is why we are scratting around for good players and having to make do with top professionals in the twilight of their years, average Championship/League One players, and unproven youngsters. And we don’t have the money to turn the heads of players who might not otherwise make Middlesbrough their first choice of destination.

Balancing the books, although necessary, is not sufficient. To compete where our aspiration lie – the Premier League - we need the financial muscle to pay for top-class players. Which sadly seems to mean that we need new ownership.

I have a feeling that Boro PLC has hit a financial glass ceiling. Questions of the competence of the manager aside, we are in a far more competitive environment now than we were a few years back and although the injections of cash that Bulkhaul can offer might be enough to sustain us in the Championship, they are nowhere near enough to do the same thing in the Premier League.

In a nutshell, this is why we are scratting around for good players and having to make do with top professionals in the twilight of their years, average Championship/League One players, and unproven youngsters. And we don’t have the money to turn the heads of players who might not otherwise make Middlesbrough their first choice of destination.

Balancing the books, although necessary, is not sufficient. To compete where our aspiration lie – the Premier League - we need the financial muscle to pay for top-class players. Which sadly seems to mean that we need new ownership.

Rubbish, we spent more last summer than 25% of prem teams

I wouldn't be surprised if Gibson is preparing to sell the club within the next 5 years. He's been bankrolling it for a long, long time now but the shape of the game has changed so much. It's not enough anymore, on its own, for us to compete.

At the minimum, we need extra investment. But personally, I'd really like to see wholesale changes in how the club operates. A clear plan with a view to creating a sustainable philosophy. If that means new management from top to bottom then so be it.

Worth mentioning that some generations don't remember '86, and football has changed a lot. With the way things are going, are young fans going to be drawn into following the Boro? Expectations are massive and the "FIFA/Football Twitter" generation aren't going to be willing to accept the Gibbo is God argument.

‘Pulis is fire fighting for Gibson’

Forced out our best striker by all accounts

Had a working system early in the season and abandoned it for one that made Britt and braithwaite look half the players.

Insists on playing hugill who looks awful

Spent £12m on midfielders who barely played and when they did looked massively average.

Forgive me if I wouldn’t want pulis smashing through my window if my house was burning down

Spot on.

I think there is a lot of speculation based on rumours. We don't know what's going on inside the club. We don't know who our transfer targets are. We don't know how involved Pulis/Gibson are. People are getting their panties in a twist over speculation.

I don't mind people getting upset about our lack of transfer activity once the window has closed. I don't mind people getting worried about our financial situation once someone connected with the club has confirmed it. But to get so worked up over speculation is just a bit silly really.

Hakuna Matata