oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

What happened to wanting players who wanted to play for the club

That's the public excuse for a manager getting rid of players that he doesn't want and not signing players that he doesn't want.  Please see Braithwaite, M and Maja, J for examples.  Some of plodders he wanted would have thrown me over the edge though I'm sure of it.

It's why, even though a few different sources on here make it seem like it's legit, I still refuse to believe that he wanted Madine. Because if I accept it, then I will enter a new phase of Boro-related depression from which I may never recover.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound dumb and oversimplifying the issue.... but seriously, how flipping hard is it to find ONE promising winger or full back playing in the lower leagues or Europe that would be interested in a team chasing promotion to the highest paying league in the world.

Beyond criminal if their imagination can only stretch to Boro/Pulis ex players or guys every man and his dog want to sign. Fair enough if Traore, Murphy, etc were the top targets, but this late in the game where are the 6th 7th 8th options.

How many more windows will we chase the top targets for too long and end up with no signings fit for purpose. They never learn.

What if the owner wants the manager to *** off and as such is not willing to sign players in order to force him to quit?  This is a completely hypothetical scenario of course.

Asked if there was any news.... got a tumbleweed gif back

Going off recent history we’re probably signing a defensive midfielder called Tumble Weed

Not a very promising name for a center forward.. :p

This might sound dumb and oversimplifying the issue.... but seriously, how flipping hard is it to find ONE promising winger or full back playing in the lower leagues or Europe that would be interested in a team chasing promotion to the highest paying league in the world.

Beyond criminal if their imagination can only stretch to Boro/Pulis ex players or guys every man and his dog want to sign. Fair enough if Traore, Murphy, etc were the top targets, but this late in the game where are the 6th 7th 8th options.

How many more windows will we chase the top targets for too long and end up with no signings fit for purpose. They never learn.

What if the owner wants the manager to *** off and as such is not willing to sign players in order to force him to quit?  This is a completely hypothetical scenario of course.

That might be the case, also as a bit of a plot twist ...

Maybe Pulis is thinking he'll *** Gibson off so much that he'll be forced to sack him, that might explain him not wanting to score a goal at home. 

We could be at a stalemate  :omg:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/31/report-hull-city-and-hibernian-eyeing-late-swoops-for-middlesbro/

"According to a report from the Mirror, Hull City and Hibernian are in for Middlesbrough striker Ashley Fletcher, but Tony Pulis will only allow him to leave if he can bring in a replacement."

By replacement does he mean someone to sit on the bench and not play very much because we've already signed VLP for that role  :)

Vickers video update says a couple of targets have drifted away but we still are interested in the TWO Birmingham strikers and we think Birmingham will soften their stance as the day goes on although reading the Birmingham Mail hands off on Vassell earlier wishful thinking would be a generous assessment if that's what they really think.

Again I'd love to ask Gibson/Pulis what they thought would happen when they asked Hull about Grosicki did they think they'd hand him over for a couple of million and Fletcher on loan?

Still 9 and a half hours to go, according to Vickers the club expect agents will start calling around for their clients this afternoon opening up new possibilities those dastardly devils how dare they well I for one hope no one picks up the phone can't be dealing with evil agents.

Wonder how long before we go for obviously available players like Ayite/Kebano something needs to happen we need at least 2/3 bodies in the door.

What happened to wanting players who wanted to play for the club

That's the public excuse for a manager getting rid of players that he doesn't want and not signing players that he doesn't want.  Please see Braithwaite, M and Maja, J for examples.  Some of plodders he wanted would have thrown me over the edge though I'm sure of it.

It's why, even though a few different sources on here make it seem like it's legit, I still refuse to believe that he wanted Madine. Because if I accept it, then I will enter a new phase of Boro-related depression from which I may never recover.

He did want him  :D

Truly dark days when this is the best case scenario :D

That might be the case, also as a bit of a plot twist ...

Maybe Pulis is thinking he'll *** Gibson off so much that he'll be forced to sack him, that might explain him not wanting to score a goal at home. 

We could be at a stalemate  :omg:

I could google this but I can't be bothered - Pulis ditched Palace about a week or so after the summer transfer window closed didn't he?  Using the lack of business or not getting players he wanted as the excuse?  That was about a day after he got that bonus paid out early or something like that?

So Gibson has agreed a ridiculous contract (heard this before!) and doesn't want to be forced into paying it off.  However he can't stand the football any more than most of us can, he's less than impressed with some of the players the manager seems to want to sign and he's also less than impressed with the managers input into various areas of the club.  

The manager on the other hand has a particular way of doing things, he is less than impressed with certain areas of the club (with reason to be fair) but can't make much headway in changing anything (thankfully or perhaps disappointingly depending on your point of view).

So what is left is a kind of stalemate where everybody wants to do something but they don't necessarily want to do the same things.  This is another hypothetical scenario obviously.