• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

That might be the case, also as a bit of a plot twist ...

Maybe Pulis is thinking he'll *** Gibson off so much that he'll be forced to sack him, that might explain him not wanting to score a goal at home. 

We could be at a stalemate  :omg:

I could google this but I can't be bothered - Pulis ditched Palace about a week or so after the summer transfer window closed didn't he?  Using the lack of business or not getting players he wanted as the excuse?  That was about a day after he got that bonus paid out early or something like that?

So Gibson has agreed a ridiculous contract (heard this before!) and doesn't want to be forced into paying it off.  However he can't stand the football any more than most of us can, he's less than impressed with some of the players the manager seems to want to sign and he's also less than impressed with the managers input into various areas of the club.  

The manager on the other hand has a particular way of doing things, he is less than impressed with certain areas of the club (with reason to be fair) but can't make much headway in changing anything (thankfully or perhaps disappointingly depending on your point of view).

So what is left is a kind of stalemate where everybody wants to do something but they don't necessarily want to do the same things.  This is another hypothetical scenario obviously.

Might not be far from the truth, I'm sure it happens quite often. A club want the manager to walk because they can't afford to pay him off and the manager is refusing to walk as he is waiting for the pay off.

This might sound dumb and oversimplifying the issue.... but seriously, how flipping hard is it to find ONE promising winger or full back playing in the lower leagues or Europe that would be interested in a team chasing promotion to the highest paying league in the world.

Beyond criminal if their imagination can only stretch to Boro/Pulis ex players or guys every man and his dog want to sign. Fair enough if Traore, Murphy, etc were the top targets, but this late in the game where are the 6th 7th 8th options.

How many more windows will we chase the top targets for too long and end up with no signings fit for purpose. They never learn.

What if the owner wants the manager to *** off and as such is not willing to sign players in order to force him to quit?  This is a completely hypothetical scenario of course.

If Gibson really wants Pulis gone he should just sack him as that would also win back a lot of fans. As it is I think Gibson is a bit intimidated by Pulis.

The club wants a striker despite the fact that they have loads of them already.

The manager would sign Gary Madine but the club don't want to.

The club would sign Josh Maja but the manager doesn't want to.

What do you do?  Try and identify a player everyone will be happy with even if they might be few and far between?  Sign nobody?  Sign players in different positions who people might be able to agree on?  Give Stewart Downing a 2 year contract extension?

If Gibson really wants Pulis gone he should just sack him as that would also win back a lot of fans. As it is I think Gibson is a bit intimidated by Pulis.

I doubt it.  I think he might be put off by however much it might cost though.

I doubt it.  I think he might be put off by however much it might cost though.

USA level conspiracy theory:

What if Gibson is purposely missing out on transfer targets so Pulis walks and then Gibson saves himself some cash?

What do you do?  Try and identify a player everyone will be happy with even if they might be few and far between?  Sign nobody?  Sign players in different positions who people might be able to agree on?  Give Stewart Downing a 2 year contract extension?

There is another option if the club and manager can't agree on a striker that they fancy...

Sign another holding midfielder.

There is another option if the club and manager can't agree on a striker that they fancy...

Sign another holding midfielder.

Ahem, I did cover that eventuality  :cheese:

This might sound dumb and oversimplifying the issue.... but seriously, how flipping hard is it to find ONE promising winger or full back playing in the lower leagues or Europe that would be interested in a team chasing promotion to the highest paying league in the world.

Beyond criminal if their imagination can only stretch to Boro/Pulis ex players or guys every man and his dog want to sign. Fair enough if Traore, Murphy, etc were the top targets, but this late in the game where are the 6th 7th 8th options.

How many more windows will we chase the top targets for too long and end up with no signings fit for purpose. They never learn.

What if the owner wants the manager to *** off and as such is not willing to sign players in order to force him to quit?  This is a completely hypothetical scenario of course.

How much will it cost to payoff Pulis and his backroom staff, especially when we've just sacked Monk and his team just over a year ago.

I can actually imagine a situation where Gibson is trying to force his hand.