oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

This might sound dumb and oversimplifying the issue.... but seriously, how flipping hard is it to find ONE promising winger or full back playing in the lower leagues or Europe that would be interested in a team chasing promotion to the highest paying league in the world.

Beyond criminal if their imagination can only stretch to Boro/Pulis ex players or guys every man and his dog want to sign. Fair enough if Traore, Murphy, etc were the top targets, but this late in the game where are the 6th 7th 8th options.

How many more windows will we chase the top targets for too long and end up with no signings fit for purpose. They never learn.

What if the owner wants the manager to *** off and as such is not willing to sign players in order to force him to quit?  This is a completely hypothetical scenario of course.

If Gibson really wants Pulis gone he should just sack him as that would also win back a lot of fans. As it is I think Gibson is a bit intimidated by Pulis.

How much will it cost to payoff Pulis and his backroom staff, especially when we've just sacked Monk and his team just over a year ago.

I can actually imagine a situation where Gibson is trying to force his hand.

There is no chance Pulis is going to walk away from the money unless there is a Prem team luring him. And how much is he due over the next 4 months before his contract is up anyway. And do we really need to pay off his backroom staff. Some of them were he before he came and I suspect Woody anf Fleming will be here after also. Didnøt he only bring 1 or 2 golden oldies with him. It's not like it's a whole team of coaches on 3 year contracts.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound dumb and oversimplifying the issue.... but seriously, how flipping hard is it to find ONE promising winger or full back playing in the lower leagues or Europe that would be interested in a team chasing promotion to the highest paying league in the world.

Beyond criminal if their imagination can only stretch to Boro/Pulis ex players or guys every man and his dog want to sign. Fair enough if Traore, Murphy, etc were the top targets, but this late in the game where are the 6th 7th 8th options.

How many more windows will we chase the top targets for too long and end up with no signings fit for purpose. They never learn.

What if the owner wants the manager to *** off and as such is not willing to sign players in order to force him to quit?  This is a completely hypothetical scenario of course.

If Gibson really wants Pulis gone he should just sack him as that would also win back a lot of fans. As it is I think Gibson is a bit intimidated by Pulis.

How much will it cost to payoff Pulis and his backroom staff, especially when we've just sacked Monk and his team just over a year ago.

Was Gibson trying to force his hand in the summer transfer window too? :)

I doubt it.  I think he might be put off by however much it might cost though.

If he’s only got 5 months left on his contract it really can’t be that significant an amount. Just do it Gibbo.

Thing that really cheeses me off at the moment is that Gestede clearly want to stay here for whatever reason and we are left with a dud on the bench, if he ever gets back there. And secondly the thought of Downing getting his clause activated is looming closer and closer.

The talk, the tripe, nothing sees right about this club.

If he’s only got 5 months left on his contract it really can’t be that significant an amount. Just do it Gibbo.

Meby he is just happy to see where we land this session and doesn't want to pay off another manager due to sacking especially when he is due to leave in the summer anyway. Saving his funds to reinvest with a new manager for next season hence the loan links.

There is no chance Pulis is going to walk away from the money unless there is a Prem team luring him. And how much is he due over the next 4 months before his contract is up anyway. And do we really need to pay off his backroom staff. Some of them were he before he came and I suspect Woody anf Fleming will be here after also. Didnøt he only bring 1 or 2 golden oldies with him. It's not like it's a whole team of coaches on 3 year contracts.

Yeah I suppose there might not be too many people to get rid of.

Another scenario could be that Gibson is just completely detached from everything that's going on. I'd imagine that he doesn't read message boards or listen to phone-ins, I'd be surprised if he's ever out and about in the local community. Maybe he looks at the league position and thinks everything is going great, we are getting crowds similar to the season we got into the playoffs under Karanka, so to the club it might look like everyone is happy. I know Gibson goes to the ground but does he have a clue what's going on on the pitch? He thought Agnew was a good appointment don't forget.

Just a bit of an aside, does anyone think the amount of loan deals happening has increased, thinking more toward the top leagues here because there has always been quite a lot of loans to the Championship. But seems like there's prevalence of loan to buy deals going on at the minute especially in this window.

@GraemeBailey

Kamil Grosicki to Middlesbrough now looking unlikely - Hull weren't keen to deal with Boro after being messed around over Ashley Fletcher last summer, and they are not inclined to strike a deal now.

I'm surprised we were keen after Maguire and Snodgrass

If it is like the one he had at WBA, the it was leaked that he had negotiated financial penalty clauses on the club if they ended the contract early without mutual consent.

Shows how big his contract is if he’d rather sit in the stand here.

I’ve came to the conclusion that we’ve developed some ‘hard line’ negotiating method that involves messing teams around right until the last week and we just get told to *** off. It doesn’t help that we probably overly mess around the agents aswell.

I remember the gazette making a big song and dance because that’s how we got vossen, is it any coincidence that in the summer and January we had almost no signings or rumours till the last week? Yet the summer before we got most in early on and they were what seemed like our top targets.

ITS NOT WORKING!!