oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Random tweet from Cardiff fan -

From a mate who is a boro fan, sounds like it’s between George Friend and Assombalonga on the private jet to Cardiff, wasn’t 100% who, good news either way #DeadlineDay #CCFC

I doubt we'd sell George... but this is Boro recruitment

We don't have another left back do we?  If it's anyone it has to be Assombalonga.

And given the links and all the talk it's likely Cardiff will be very disappointed when he signs for Bristol City.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why the extent of our imagination is Jacob Murphy, Grosicki, McKenna, Che Adams and Isaac Vassell they've all looked unlikely since yesterday there's 7 hours left why they're just throwing in the towel I have no clue go pick off one of Fulham's scraps on loan pull the trigger on a Knudsen move I don't understand why we always have such a narrow set of targets these tactics wont count for much in a month if we've got Downing at LB and Saville playing wide midfield.

Random tweet from Cardiff fan -

From a mate who is a boro fan, sounds like it’s between George Friend and Assombalonga on the private jet to Cardiff, wasn’t 100% who, good news either way #DeadlineDay #CCFC

I doubt we'd sell George... but this is Boro recruitment

The 2 are both easily confused I suppose.

I don't know why the extent of our imagination is Jacob Murphy, Grosicki, McKenna, Che Adams and Isaac Vassell they've all looked unlikely since yesterday there's 7 hours left why they're just throwing in the towel I have no clue go pick off one of Fulham's scraps on loan pull the trigger on a Knudsen move I don't understand why we always have such a narrow set of targets these tactics wont count for much in a month if we've got Downing at LB and Saville playing wide midfield.

Agreed, but the crazy thing is .. I could actually imagine Stewart Downing playing a better left back, than Friend ins the last couple of months... :P

To be honest I thought we were finished after we got VLP in, so the Mikel signing was a bit of a boost, still think we come out January in a slightly stronger position, lose Braithwaite and Batth, gain VLP and Mikel. Still a few glaring holes in the squad but I'm glad we haven't panicked and gone after any old *** on big contracts.

Even I can't take the *** as much as this mate.  Well played  :cowboy:

To be honest I thought we were finished after we got VLP in, so the Mikel signing was a bit of a boost, still think we come out January in a slightly stronger position, lose Braithwaite and Batth, gain VLP and Mikel. Still a few glaring holes in the squad but I'm glad we haven't panicked and gone after any old *** on big contracts.

There's a good chance our best striker is leaving

Plus we have more or less lost downing unless we give him more money which would be insanity. Whether or not that weakens the squad is up to everyone's own opinion but it's still a body lost. Way I see it we've lost one ineffective winger and replaced him with another so mikel is the only improvement and the jury is still out.

Plus we have more or less lost downing unless we give him more money which would be insanity. Whether or not that weakens the squad is up to everyone's own opinion but it's still a body lost. Way I see it we've lost one ineffective winger and replaced him with another so mikel is the only improvement and the jury is still out.

Chances are we get a smiling Downing and Bauser picture tomorrow signing a new 1 year contract on reduced terms tomorrow so he can start vs West Brom. That'd sting like salt in an open wound but legitimately nothing would surprise me with us and if we fail to get a winger in he'll be one of 4 wingers at the club with VLP, Tav and Saville.

Wonder if Kenneth Zohore is available

Think he’s injured plus warnock proper bums him

Also he's not actually that good.

Plus he buys tinned new potatoes, I didn't even know that was a thing! (was behind him in the queue in Morrisons the other day)

Wonder if Kenneth Zohore is available

Think he’s injured plus warnock proper bums him

Also he's not actually that good.

Plus he buys tinned new potatoes, I didn't even know that was a thing! (was behind him in the queue in Morrisons the other day)

This is the sort of info you just can't get off transfermarkt  :)