oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Can't wait for the *** to hit the fan. Hope it means the Gazette are banned again, that'd be hilarious :D

I think the Gazette will be spinning things on behalf of MFC to be honest, mate.  They seem to be looking to accentuate the positives whenever they write an article these days even if that means talking about positives that aren't really there.

the exact opposite of the popular opinion on this forum then! Who needs a balance when you can have extremes

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

When you think about it we are an unfashionable club in an area of the country in which not many footballers want to come and play.

It's hard enough to get players here in the first place but then when potential signings see Pulis is the manager what chance have we got.

To be fair it's obviously more than just Pulis.  I'd say there's more disfunction at the club than we know right at this moment.  Might not be long before we find out though.

Oh yeah of course theres more to it than that, it sounds like we've *** certain clubs off with the way weve conducted our business in recent years. We are obviously reluctant to deal with certain agents and their demands and we also seem to be trying to balance the books.

Unfortunately the average fan doesn't want to hear those excuses.

I think it's even more than that tbh.  It's the internal stuff that's bothering me more than annoying a few clubs or whatever.  I couldn't really care less about that stuff albeit I suppose it doesn't reflect all that well on us.

is this not around the time when we start to stick hopeful bids in for a Brazilian striker from a B league in Europe somewhere? Is Wagner Love still playing?

It's about time we signed another Brazilian anyway tbh, mainly to justify the random (god awful) 'samba band' who take up residence outside the stadium on matchdays. Maybe they still think Emerson is on the books..

Can't wait for the *** to hit the fan. Hope it means the Gazette are banned again, that'd be hilarious :D

I think the Gazette will be spinning things on behalf of MFC to be honest, mate.  They seem to be looking to accentuate the positives whenever they write an article these days even if that means talking about positives that aren't really there.

the exact opposite of the popular opinion on this forum then! Who needs a balance when you can have extremes

Indeed and it's just this forum as well!  On the other forums everybody is well happy at the moment.  When you go to games it's a sea of smiling faces and in the local pubs you can't move for people toasting to the good health of the ever popular Tony Pulis and Steve Gibson  :)

The Gazette's lines are very dodgy one minute we're enquiring for Hull's highest earner and interested in Che Adams the next minute we need to start looking down the leagues and clearing decks.

Problem the Gazette guys have is the line between their opinion and opinions based on conversations with people inside the club. Either way Tarrentire and Vickers will be in Downing's corner for that new contract because now they'll argue there's no one better or more senior to play on a wing there will be no anti Downing takes in the Gazette no sir.

I'd love an answer from Pulis on VLP we brought him in 1st January it's been a month and I think he's started 1 game he's not coming back from any injuries so what is going on there? Pulis' only chance at taking us up is burying grudges and going two up front we are top heavy and light on the wings so just go for it you have nothing to lose if you hit a bad spot Gibson might not sack you but your reputation you'd leave with would be similar to that of Redknapp's after QPRs as an out of touch dinosaur who can't build a team or squad anymore.

When you think about it we are an unfashionable club in an area of the country in which not many footballers want to come and play.

It's hard enough to get players here in the first place but then when potential signings see Pulis is the manager what chance have we got.

To be fair it's obviously more than just Pulis.  I'd say there's more disfunction at the club than we know right at this moment.  Might not be long before we find out though.

Oh yeah of course theres more to it than that, it sounds like we've *** certain clubs off with the way weve conducted our business in recent years. We are obviously reluctant to deal with certain agents and their demands and we also seem to be trying to balance the books.

I think it's even more than that tbh.  It's the internal stuff that's bothering me more than annoying a few clubs or whatever.  I couldn't really care less about that stuff albeit I suppose it doesn't reflect all that well on us.

What internal stuff are you thinking about?

The Gazette's lines are very dodgy one minute we're enquiring for Hull's highest earner and interested in Che Adams the next minute we need to start looking down the leagues and clearing decks.

Problem the Gazette guys have is the line between their opinion and opinions based on conversations with people inside the club. Either way Tarrentire and Vickers will be in Downing's corner for that new contract because now they'll argue there's no one better or more senior to play on a wing there will be no anti Downing takes in the Gazette no sir.

I'd love an answer from Pulis on VLP we brought him in 1st January it's been a month and I think he's started 1 game he's not coming back from any injuries so what is going on there? Pulis' only chance at taking us up is burying grudges and going two up front we are top heavy and light on the wings so just go for it you have nothing to lose if you hit a bad spot Gibson might not sack you but your reputation you'd leave with would be similar to that of Redknapp's after QPRs as an out of touch dinosaur who can't build a team or squad anymore.

The Gazette will print anything the club tell them to print, especially Vickers and Tallentire.

The last journalist to question the status quo was banned from the ground and doesn't work for the Gazette anymore.

Of course they will. There is never a single critical journalistic question from the Gazette to club. They are the clubs lackeys and will write whatever the club tells them to write.

My local newspaper is a lot more critical towards my local club and actually dares to question the clubs motives and it ranges from tactics to transfers and the general running of the club. It actually forces the club to answer difficult questions and the manager is held responsible for his tactical approach.

It is baffling tbh CT. What is Bevington doing, what is Gills actual role and who is making the recruitment decisions. We dont have a director of football and I am not sure how many of the players brought in have been Pulis buys. It just feels like a random process going on behind the scenes with no real strategy. SG surely cant run Bulkhaul in such a way. Its just really weird.

It is baffling tbh CT. What is Bevington doing, what is Gills actual role and who is making the recruitment decisions. We dont have a director of football and I am not sure how many of the players brought in have been Pulis buys. It just feels like a random process going on behind the scenes with no real strategy. SG surely cant run Bulkhaul in such a way. Its just really weird.

Saw Bevington walking around Ingleby the other day, if I see him again I'll ask him for y'all.

Can we start celebrating yet? Raf/lurker 80% of us are praying that if your info was ever right then this one is bang on.

I like, that 90 % of your posts, Tudders, is containing something with percentages of people :D  :funny: :liar:

Can we start celebrating yet? Raf/lurker 80% of us are praying that if your info was ever right then this one is bang on.

I like, that 90 % of your posts, Tudders, is containing something with percentages of people :D  :funny: :liar:

Inaccurate percentages, at that.

Im 86% sure you're correct :P

Inaccurate percentages, at that.

Prove it :D