oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

The Transfer Thread.

I hate to say this, but are the fans visibly showing that they want Pulis out?

If not, then maybe it's time we did.

How about Pulis walking... That's what we want.

That will come

As I said last night, I don’t think there’s a hope in hells chance that he will quit whilst there is a possibility that he might receive his big fat promotion bonus.

We will see after he has played his hometown club.

That will come

Of course it won't.

Basically sounds like the club are skint but why not say that instead of promising to sign attacking players? Looks like it will be all downhill from here now!

This is my gripe. If we are skint (and I still can’t believe we are with all the incomings we’ve had through TV money, parachute payments and player sales over the last number of years) just let the fans know. I’d be a lot more inclined to get behind the team with full knowledge of the situation. As it is, we continue to be lied to by being told we are going after attacking players in order to sell tickets.

Here's the thing. The EG are simply a play thing for the club. If not they would ask serious questions. So when the EG puts out the interest in certain players they are clearly lying if the club is broke. So the club is basically lying. To the fans.

If the EG were telling the truth and we were in for certain players then we aren't skint and TP (Gibsons chosen one AND spokesman for the club during press conferences) is lying. To the fans.

Ultimately the club are lying to us. For their own good.

I'm not sure an institution should treat it's paying public and followers in such a way.

Basically sounds like the club are skint but why not say that instead of promising to sign attacking players? Looks like it will be all downhill from here now!

The club are skint, people have to realise that. I think if we had managed to move Gestede on, we would have maybe bought an attacker in, that fell through early in the day so the best bet was to go and have a few pints.

Millwall didn’t want to sign Gestede because they didn’t want to strengthen a rival. ;)

That will come

As I said last night, I don’t think there’s a hope in hells chance that he will quit whilst there is a possibility that he might receive his big fat promotion bonus.

That’s an interesting point.

Pathetic.. Absolutely pathetic.

Everyone involved in running the club can take a long walk off a ***ing short pier.

The club are skint, people have to realise that. I think if we had managed to move Gestede on, we would have maybe bought an attacker in, that fell through early in the day so the best bet was to go and have a few pints.

Millwall didn’t want to sign Gestede because they didn’t want to strengthen a rival. ;)

I just wish they'd have told us! I agree with you though, they were obviously trying to move players out to free some cash up... considering we're apparently making losses of up to 20 million a year!

Haha! I'll admit I was quite furious that Gestede refused to go! Also amazed that someone else wanted to take him :')

Pathetic.. Absolutely pathetic.

Everyone involved in running the club can take a long walk off a *** short pier.

we dont agree on a lot but I will help you push them mate

That will come

Similar levels of interest to the points made on Wednesday night that he would be leaving today if we didn’t sign anyone yesterday.

I won’t hold my breath...

Imagine being able to take off from work and go to the pub because you've decided you're not going to try today.

Nearly all our rivals above and below improved their squads whilst Tony and his staff failed to find and persuade literally anyone to join the club. Worse yet his boss seems to be fine with this?

Real encouragement for the fans there.

That will come

Similar levels of interest to the points made on Wednesday night that he would be leaving today if we didn’t sign anyone yesterday.

I won’t hold my breath...

It's so sad that one man (and maybe a few in the background) can sap all of the joy and happiness that you had for a particular thing. I can take frustration on varying scales on differing weeks but under his stewardship I can't even bring myself to listen to the matches, never mind attend them. I have found myself looking for excuses to do something else.

Imagine being able to take off from work and go to the pub because you've decided you're not going to try today.

Nearly all our rivals above and below improved their squads whilst Tony and his staff failed to find and persuade literally anyone to join the club. Worse yet his boss seems to be fine with this?

Real encouragement for the fans there.

Assuming the landlord isn't a member on here, and none of the OneBoro members were in the same pub. I would have gone nuts with him had he turned up on deadline day to the pub I was drinking in knowing the huge gaps in the squad. And I'd have ensured everyone on here knew where he was too. Pathetic

I just wish they'd have told us! I agree with you though, they were obviously trying to move players out to free some cash up... considering we're apparently making losses of up to 20 million a year!

Haha! I'll admit I was quite furious that Gestede refused to go! Also amazed that someone else wanted to take him :')

I can quite believe we're making losses like that with some of the contracts we have players on, some that don't even make the bench...