oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Imagine being able to take off from work and go to the pub because you've decided you're not going to try today.

Nearly all our rivals above and below improved their squads whilst Tony and his staff failed to find and persuade literally anyone to join the club. Worse yet his boss seems to be fine with this?

Real encouragement for the fans there.

Assuming the landlord isn't a member on here, and none of the OneBoro members were in the same pub. I would have gone nuts with him had he turned up on deadline day to the pub I was drinking in knowing the huge gaps in the squad. And I'd have ensured everyone on here knew where he was too. Pathetic

And he is celebrating the fact they went to the pub at 4pm, he mentioned it twice whilst smiling.

Then asks the fans to get behind him

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to the finances I have always suspected that certain monies have gone towards repaying Steve Gibson in a non transparent way (just a feeling).

The simple fact that we did not do what TP stated we would do speaks volumes and clearly he is now toeing the party line if he wishes to remain at the helm.

I am now going to look at the attitude, dedication and fight from the players for the rest of the season.

As with previous transfer window threads the thread will be closed at 7pm tonight to allow for final thoughts and comments to what I previously mentioned in that this has to be the most underwhelming and frustrating transfer window so far!

With regards to the finances I have always suspected that certain monies have gone towards repaying Steve Gibson in a non transparent way (just a feeling).

The simple fact that we did not do what TP stated we would do speaks volumes and clearly he is now toeing the party line if he wishes to remain at the helm.

I am now going to look at the attitude, dedication and fight from the players for the rest of the season.

I highly doubt it. The clubs accounts are there for all to see and will have to be audited.

Basically sounds like the club are skint but why not say that instead of promising to sign attacking players? Looks like it will be all downhill from here now!

The club are skint, people have to realise that. I think if we had managed to move Gestede on, we would have maybe bought an attacker in, that fell through early in the day so the best bet was to go and have a few pints.

Millwall didn’t want to sign Gestede because they didn’t want to strengthen a rival. ;)

If we were 'skint' then moving Gestede wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference.

Basically sounds like the club are skint but why not say that instead of promising to sign attacking players? Looks like it will be all downhill from here now!

The club are skint, people have to realise that. I think if we had managed to move Gestede on, we would have maybe bought an attacker in, that fell through early in the day so the best bet was to go and have a few pints.

Millwall didn’t want to sign Gestede because they didn’t want to strengthen a rival. ;)

If we were 'skint' then moving Gestede wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference.

If we are skint why did we spend so much on centre midfielders and defenders that we don’t need over the last few windows. The money issue is obviously relevant, but do we have less then Brentford or Norwich? No. Are our recruitment team bloody useless? Yes. Don’t get distracted by Pulis’ bullcrap, we have executed terribly in the last few windows and there are no good excuses. Time for change.

What really really bothers me ... Karanka needed money in January 17 - If he was given the money, that Monk in the summer of 17 received for transfers, we had a very good chance of staying in the promised land ... There is only half a season between the "no money - take Guediora - window" and the "here Monkey Boy - spend all you'd like on players you fancy and let's smash the league - window"

Baffle Waffle

What really really bothers me ... Karanka needed money in January 17 - If he was given the money, that Monk in the summer of 17 received for transfers, we had a very good chance of staying in the promised land ... There is only half a season between the "no money - take Guediora - window" and the "here Monkey Boy - spend all you'd like on players you fancy and let's smash the league - window"

Baffle Waffle

And then selling Rhodes and Nugent and bringing in Gestede and Bamford, who made zero impact. I could understand if the club didn't want to sign Karanka's recommendations, but that window we needed pace and creativity and we ended up with Guedioura. Baffling.

I don't see why this thread needs to close to be honest, just a place to discuss transfers (or lack of them) and just because the window is closed doesn't mean the discussion needs to stop.

Imagine being able to take off from work and go to the pub because you've decided you're not going to try today.

Nearly all our rivals above and below improved their squads whilst Tony and his staff failed to find and persuade literally anyone to join the club. Worse yet his boss seems to be fine with this?

Real encouragement for the fans there.

Assuming the landlord isn't a member on here, and none of the OneBoro members were in the same pub. I would have gone nuts with him had he turned up on deadline day to the pub I was drinking in knowing the huge gaps in the squad. And I'd have ensured everyone on here knew where he was too. Pathetic

And he is celebrating the fact they went to the pub at 4pm, he mentioned it twice whilst smiling.

Then asks the fans to get behind him

It all just spits in the face of the hard working fans who pay good money to watch his drivel.

'We decided not to work today so went for a few pints, but the fans still need to help us cause we're working aaard'

I don't see why this thread needs to close to be honest, just a place to discuss transfers (or lack of them) and just because the window is closed doesn't mean the discussion needs to stop.

I agree

I agree

I also agree. It baffles me why the transfer thread has to close 19 hours after the window shuts. Let it die it’s own death like all other threads. When members no longer want to discuss this transfer window it will disappear in its own time. I really don’t understand the problem!