• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

its a pretty fair assumption that none of us on here work in the clubs accounts dept or have direct access to it  ,we have a ball park media announced figure of what players were bought and sold for to go on and have no way of knowing  what the actual structure of each fee regarding payments was/is.  Nor do we know how much each individual recieves in wages and bonuses  ,So if were told the club is running at a loss, being frugal, counting the cost of previous spending  we have to suck it up and believe thats the blunt truth.  Sorry for making annoying assumptions  as its probably quite annoying to those that actually do know the true figures..

what we DO have though as supporters of the club,each and every one of us , is our own genuine worries, curiousity as to what is going wrong  and  opinions  ,many of which concur on general issues.   it would be a step back in the right direction for the club to maybe really remember were all in this together as the soundbites go and clarify what the exact situation is and not leave it iout there leading to mere speculation. the apathy is setting in fast thats a fact and  you never know the funds from season ticket sales  might reflect the current mood .  maybe were not the only ones making annoying assumptions

Here's a problem if you ignore every other recent window you look at the consensus on our 'moves' in the past week are they the actions of a 'Mowbray era' financial situation Boro?

We inquired yesterday for Kamil Grosicki, Hull's highest earner and a sudden star for them rumoured to be on 40k a week who they were trying to shift to Turkey for free in the summer, what did we think they were going to quote us? 2 million? Loan swap with Fletcher? In the end it was 8 million quoted and we balked.

We inquired for McKenna at Aberdeen whose price was widely known to be over 5 million towards 8 million so again what did we expect. We tried to sign Jacob Murphy who's a 9 figure winger from Newcastle they were never going to give him away so they asked for a 7 figure loan fee for us to have the pleasure of taking him for 5 months again what did we expect.

Those actions don't match the supposed reality, all the while he's spent the whole window trying to shift Fletcher, Gestede and Britt the only strikers under contract to the club who all know what he thinks how motivated are they to help us in the run in?

We have a strong midfield, weak wings, a solid Championship defence barring injuries and a strikeforce who've all been treated like they're outcasts whether it's Britt living on the bench or Gestede and Fletcher living in the stands or U23s. Again I've said before if we show we're in a serious financial situation I'm all for getting some upper management in who will get our finances in order but the actions of the club are not the actions of a club serious about things.

On Gestede I think what's happened with Millwall is he's had his head turned by the Italian super agent who was trying to broker him to Bologna/Sassuolo the stories in Italy have him ready at an airport but we wouldn't budge from demanding they paid his 33000 euros a week in full from the Serie A clubs you'd think if we were desperate financially we'd be more serious negotiating that kind of deal for an out of favour striker.

It just infuriates me that we did so much hard work and so on to get promoted to the PL and then to not throw everything at staying there when we had the chance just seems negligent. We look like we'll be paying the price for that for the next few years.

Without money to invest in the squad and the way we've been playing, we're going to struggle. A couple of injuries to key players and we're stuffed. We can't score and we don't play well at home plus the next few games could see us start to slide down the table as well as those above us stretch away in to the distance.

I think it's time for someone else to take the reigns of ownership and find some investment although I fear that ship may well have sailed now too unfortunately

When we lose the parachute payments next season I think we get £3-4m max from tv deal. If Britt and Gestede are on £48k and £30k per week as reported it will be left to good old steve to pay for the rest as gauging from the frustration on here season ticket sales are going to plummet. The risk of adding to the wage bill at the expensive end of the pitch was not worth it without shifting major earners. Or is that too simple?

When we lose the parachute payments next season I think we get £3-4m max from tv deal. If Britt and Gestede are on £48k and £30k per week as reported it will be left to good old steve to pay for the rest as gauging from the frustration on here season ticket sales are going to plummet. The risk of adding to the wage bill at the expensive end of the pitch was not worth it without shifting major earners. Or is that too simple?

ye mon, the thing most simpletons don't factor in when being so quick to slag Gibbo off is that while we've made money on selling players, SG is the one who'll be left paying the bills if we don't go up and are still stuck with these players' wages. So as boringly pragmatic as it is, he's gotta make sure he is able to absorb the worst case scenario.

Also, the players we were linked with on towards the end of the window weren't exactly stone cold stunners, so if they were asking for a fortune to come here then we did right to bin them off.

I still feel strangely optimistic* about our chances of going up. Obviously the miserable gits on here are busting a gut for us to fail for the 'greater good', but then again I'm guessing most of the negative big mouths just stream the games from their parent's wifi, so their negative energy can stay bottled up for the next poll.

Onwards and upwards, and if we don't go up, I'll still be going next season, so *** it. :P

*currently 5th & could finish the weekend 4pts away from the automatics....

ye mon, the thing most simpletons don't factor in when being so quick to slag Gibbo off is that while we've made money on selling players, SG is the one who'll be left paying the bills if we don't go up and are still stuck with these players' wages. So as boringly pragmatic as it is, he's gotta make sure he is able to absorb the worst case scenario.

Also, the players we were linked with on towards the end of the window weren't exactly stone cold stunners, so if they were asking for a fortune to come here then we did right to bin them off.

I still feel strangely optimistic* about our chances of going up. Obviously the miserable gits on here are busting a gut for us to fail for the 'greater good', but then again I'm guessing most of the negative big mouths just stream the games from their parent's wifi, so their negative energy can stay bottled up for the next poll.

Onwards and upwards, and if we don't go up, I'll still be going next season, so *** it. :P

You’re deffo in twe12thman

I was feeling confident up until the last couple of weeks. The mood on here and other forums is pretty toxic towards Pulis and I think that he has lost the tolerance of a lot of fans. They will let him know that the minute something goes wrong and I think the players will go even further into their shells. He does though have a responsibility to now go for it at home. Something does have to change in the way the team express themselves, whilst maintaining solidity at the back. It sounds straightforward. I dont pretend to be a football coach and have heard calls tomplay 2 up top but none of the forwards compliment each other. Gestede isn’t really a footballer, Hugill puts himself about with little intelligence and Britt is great in the box but struggles elsewhere. I think I’d go back to Karankas 4231 with Tav, Wing and VLP as the 3 and Britt up top.

Pulis now has 4 months to demonstrate he can go for it. As he is the Boro manager atm I will try to see things from his angle to try and understand where he is coming from and the deficiencies in the squad he has had to deal with, but I am not really impressed by stubbornness. He knows what he has until the end of the season so fingers crossed.

Can we please organise a whip round for SG in case we go down. Apparently he will have very little money left because of the STUPID decisions HE has made and HUGE gambles he has made by paying players stupidly high wages on contracts.

My heart sodding bleeds.

Meanwhile all of the (simpletons) non-millionaires who earn a less than national average wage to yet pay for ticket to follow the dross that it served up should really close their mouths.

Some people are absolute ballbags

Can we please organise a whip round for SG in case we go down. Apparently he will have very little money left because of the STUPID decisions HE has made and HUGE gambles he has made by paying players stupidly high wages on contracts.

And only waiting until now to work out if it would all be ok in the event that the worst case scenario happens, whatever that actually is meant to be  :)

Let's look on the bright side. At least Hummel has United the fans with the awesome kit with a song on the collar and 'Spirit of 86' on the bottom.

Spirit of 86......prophetic really. The last time we truly had no money!!

What does that even mean? Happy to survive?? No wonder we bought in pulis

Why is it no one will comment on the fact.. That the tons of money Monk spent, should have been handed to Karanka in January .. less than 6 months earlier, to stay in the Premier!!!

Why is it no one will comment on the fact.. That the tons of money Monk spent, should have been handed to Karanka in January .. less than 6 months earlier, to stay in the Premier!!!

We bought Gestede and Guedioura!!  What more do you want?  :@ :@ :@