oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

it's funny how everything becomes crystal clear with hindsight ain't it..

Hindsight? From the day he was appointed I and others on here said his football would be awful to watch, he has one tactic, he would sell all our best players and replace them with 6ft plus donkeys - I also called him out as an arrogant stubborn liar - theres no magic fortune telling needed to know what he brings to your club, I also said if he rebuilds clubs and structures them for a bright future when he leaves, how come Stoke and West Brom got relegated? the answer is simple - its all bull s h i t, and now I have to go to Derby tomorrow with my wife and kids and know the garbage this moron is going to serve up and believe me if you think theres any joy in calling this a year ago there isn't,  a lot of posters on here certainly aren't using 'hindsight' - they are just seeing their worse fears come into fruition.

All the cap wearing tosspot has done for six months has blamed the last regime and the last two windows and how we need to be patient and he will put it right this window, now the window is here hes going back over he can't lie straight in bed and whats this 'water into wine' *** hes now saying? He really thinks that that refers to his current rebuilding of our squad? He needs sectioning, hes about as deluded as they come, I have never in my life had so much hatred for anyone attatched to our club because of what hes doing to it.

Speaking of hindsight ask Crystal Palace about it - how he is employed by our club and involved in our finances is beyond me- "I can't believe how much players are getting paid - I'm not going to waste Gibsons money" says the highest paid manager in our history who blew 13 mil on Saville` and McNair and took 2 mil fraudulently from his former club . Water into wine ffs.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Knudsen would be a genuinely good signing in my opinion I know it sounds harsh on Friend and we've been trying to get him out of the team since we signed Fabio even Husband was meant to succeed him I'd argue but Knudsen would offer us alot whilst retaining the over 6 foot frame Friend has he ticks the boxes.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17326406.tony-pulis-admits-january-hopes-could-be-dashed-by-need-to-balance-the-books/

Kind of same old from the Echo this morning but besides Puncheon being a top target and Knudsen they also slot in the fact we've been extensively scouting 'the continent' for attacking targets. To me La Parra and Knudsen would be a good start to the window, getting Crockstede out the door, let Braithwaite leave permanently, let Fletcher join Hull and bring in a new striker + winger + Puncheon I guess it'll be decent business for us however letting Braithwaite go on loan, dumping Britt and bringing Adomah back that would change my outlook but we'll see.

I know it's not overly exciting people and I get it but I remember watching La Parra for Wolves when he wasn't injured 3-4 years ago and on his day he rips through this divisions defenders getting to the byline won't be the chore it is for Downing put it that way.

"Boro have a number of high-earning players on their books – the likes of Darren Randolph, Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Martin Braithwaite and Britt Assombalonga are on what could be termed ‘Premier League wages’ – and it will be difficult for Pulis to make significant additions to the current wage bill unless at least one or two senior players leave.

Braithwaite and Assombalonga are both available for sale, but Steve Gibson will not want to accept a major loss on either player, and as things stand, it is hard to see too many clubs rushing to meet Boro’s valuation of the duo."

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17326406.tony-pulis-admits-january-hopes-could-be-dashed-by-need-to-balance-the-books/

I'm scratching my head to think of who would even be interested in Assombalonga or Downing.

You've got to question again how we've got to this situation, it's complete mis-management from the man at the top.

I mean Downing has 6 months left on his contract I mean he'll be 35 by the time that contract ends there's 7 million and 40-60k a week written off right there by the summer, Crockstede we could probably get 4 million for but it doesn't sound like we want him gone, Braithwaite we had good money lined up for him August 31st could we really get more than 5/6 for him now? I'm sceptical.

Britt's hilarious because clearly him for Wickham would raise eyebrows but I could see a potential upside in that however he's a 15 million pound striker on close to 50k a week who we signed 18 months ago I mean even for us that is a bit too YOLO.

If Wickham and Puncheon were to enter the club for Britt would it be the worst business in the world I don't know, I'd back Wickham to lead our line better than anyone else on our books he's just got that injury question mark against him.

I mean Downing has 6 months left on his contract I mean he'll be 35 by the time that contract ends there's 7 million and 40-60k a week written off right there by the summer, Crockstede we could probably get 4 million for but it doesn't sound like we want him gone, Braithwaite we had good money lined up for him August 31st could we really get more than 5/6 for him now? I'm sceptical.

Britt's hilarious because clearly him for Wickham would raise eyebrows but I could see a potential upside in that however he's a 15 million pound striker on close to 50k a week who we signed 18 months ago I mean even for us that is a bit too YOLO.

If Wickham and Puncheon were to enter the club for Britt would it be the worst business in the world I don't know, I'd back Wickham to lead our line better than anyone else on our books he's just got that injury question mark against him.

And the fact that Former England, Finland, Switzerland (ranked third in world under him) Blackburn and Liverpool (to name a few) manager wants Assombalonga and is happy to swap Whickham and Puncheon doesn't make you wonder if its a good decision? Which of these players is likely to be a 'gem' and go on to be a premiership player worth more than we pay for them? Just throwing it out there.

I didn't know Downing only had 6 months left, that's a relief.

His signing sums up Gibson's regime, signing a player who the manager didn't want because he's a local lad. We've paid him an absolute fortune for three years of 6/10 performances.

And the fact that Former England, Finland, Switzerland (ranked third in world under him) Blackburn and Liverpool (to name a few) manager wants Assombalonga and is happy to swap Whickham and Puncheon doesn't make you wonder if its a good decision? Which of these players is likely to be a 'gem' and go on to be a premiership player worth more than we pay for them? Just throwing it out there.

It's a personal judgement of mine on the value because I've liked Wickham since he came through at Ipswich but I can see more long term value in him than Britt Assombalonga you have to remember they paid 7/8 million for him and he still has his best years ahead of him if he stays fit. Puncheon's just a better version of whatever it is Downing's meant to bring to us and if you accept Pulis is here for at least 6 months it just makes better sense having him than Downing in the team.

Another way of looking at it is if our options for Britt are an 8 million sale to a rival like West Brom or a swap for Wickham which one suits us better for the next 6 months and the other unknown if we cut our losses for 8 million what kind of guy we'd go for there's an argument whoever we'd go for would be no worse than Wickham. I read a Guardian article saying Hodgson wants to send Ayew back to Swansea, loan Sorloth to Gent and bring in Solanke so I'm not even sure if the Wickham Britt swap's even a thing but I don't think it'd be the worst business Bausor and Gibson have ever done personally.

I think the thing that you are forgetting Jamie is that Wickham has been out for 25 months. Pre injury I completely agree with you. But a 25 month spell on the touch line will, more than likely, have had major affects on his level of performance. Also, it’s very unclear how long he will be able to stay fit. Many players who have went through as many injuries as wickham has fail to ever get back to playing regular football again.

I honestly think we would be best off selling Britt for as much as we can get for him and using the money to lure in Josh Maja. He may not be the finished article but there is potential there that he may end up becoming the £15m striker we signed Britt to be. We have got to start investing for the future. Buying players who’s value will increase, not decrease as we have done in the past.

With Wickham, the most likely scenario is we get him, he gets another long term injury and we are left with a player worth nothing on a high wage. Of course he could get back to pre injury Wickham and we are left with a very good player but let’s face it, probability sides heavily with the first scenario as opposed to the latter.

Hindsight? From the day he was appointed I and others on here said his football would be awful to watch, he has one tactic, he would sell all our best players and replace them with 6ft plus donkeys - I also called him out as an arrogant stubborn liar - theres no magic fortune telling needed to know what he brings to your club, I also said if he rebuilds clubs and structures them for a bright future when he leaves, how come Stoke and West Brom got relegated? the answer is simple - its all bull s h i t, and now I have to go to Derby tomorrow with my wife and kids and know the garbage this moron is going to serve up and believe me if you think theres any joy in calling this a year ago there isn't,  a lot of posters on here certainly aren't using 'hindsight' - they are just seeing their worse fears come into fruition.

All the cap wearing tosspot has done for six months has blamed the last regime and the last two windows and how we need to be patient and he will put it right this window, now the window is here hes going back over he can't lie straight in bed and whats this 'water into wine' *** hes now saying? He really thinks that that refers to his current rebuilding of our squad? He needs sectioning, hes about as deluded as they come, I have never in my life had so much hatred for anyone attatched to our club because of what hes doing to it.

Speaking of hindsight ask Crystal Palace about it - how he is employed by our club and involved in our finances is beyond me- "I can't believe how much players are getting paid - I'm not going to waste Gibsons money" says the highest paid manager in our history who blew 13 mil on Saville` and McNair and took 2 mil fraudulently from his former club . Water into wine ffs.

Totally agree with you, it’s amazing and completely frustrating how many fans actually lap up the ***e and lies he comes out with every week.

Surely Pulis won’t be here long term so we should keep Assombalonga or loan him until the end of the season.

I honestly think Pulis is the only manager in the league who couldn’t get the best out of him. Pretty much every club in the league would love to have Assombalonga.

Totally agree with you, it’s amazing and completely frustrating how many fans actually lap up the *** and lies he comes out with every week.

as opposed to lapping up the misery and woe from their pals on internet forums..

I think the thing that you are forgetting Jamie is that Wickham has been out for 25 months. Pre injury I completely agree with you. But a 25 month spell on the touch line will, more than likely, have had major affects on his level of performance. Also, it’s very unclear how long he will be able to stay fit. Many players who have went through as many injuries as wickham has fail to ever get back to playing regular football again.

I honestly think we would be best off selling Britt for as much as we can get for him and using the money to lure in Josh Maja. He may not be the finished article but there is potential there that he may end up becoming the £15m striker we signed Britt to be. We have got to start investing for the future. Buying players who’s value will increase, not decrease as we have done in the past.

With Wickham, the most likely scenario is we get him, he gets another long term injury and we are left with a player worth nothing on a high wage. Of course he could get back to pre injury Wickham and we are left with a very good player but let’s face it, probability sides heavily with the first scenario as opposed to the latter.

I just think we need a dice roll on a striker to be honest every week we either say Hugill's flopped around for 90 minutes or Britt's ran around with no service for 90 minutes we need a guy who could actually lead us to promotion like Mitrovic did for Fulham. Maja's problem is there's upside but that's not where we're looking I bet he'll get snapped up by an ambitious playoff aiming team if we sell Britt I'd imagine we'd be looking at people like Vokes again.

If you take Britt as a 7 million write off, I think that's conservative, we'll probably take a couple million hit on Braithwaite that's 9 million between them two in the space of 18 months but to be honest is there much upside to their transfer value in 6 months time after 6 months of rotating around the bench etc I think it might be the right call to pull the bandaid off on both of them now there's only downside to their value under Pulis for me.

Between them and Downing, that's got to be nearly 16 million in fees written off and 150k a week off the wage bill by the summer absolute insanity but there you go.