oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

I think it goes without saying that we're going to be interested in Traore. Whether it happens will depend upon whether Wolves want to let him be loaned out and also, if they are open to him leaving, then what Wolves want for him.

I hope that we don't wait around for Traore without any sensible timeframe only to miss out on other high quality players such as Oliver Burke, and end up being able to get in a winger that's better than we currently have. If we do then we'll probably try justify us messing up by blaming agents again for wanting to much at the end of the transfer window when they can sense our desperation ala Adomah. Our biggest failing in other transfer windows has been to hold out of players like Bolasie, Bojan, Delofeu etc only to miss out on them. I hope we've learned from them failings as it's a very high risk strategy.

Totally agree with all this, it’s been going on for a while aswell. Fixated on big names, throw money at them, they use us as a bargaining tool and go elsewhere after 2 months of waiting.

While sentimentally I’d prefer Traore over Burke, Burke is probably the better option if we have to move fast as at least we would own him rather than just on loan. Pulis knows both of them pretty well however so just have to trust his judgement I guess.

As you say it would be annoying to see Burke disappear to Swansea for example while we twiddle our thumbs waiting for wolves to sign xyz before they let adama leave. Deal for xyz falls through and we’re up the swanny.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Burke has hardly played any football for what, 2 years? Rather just play Tav.

I'm with you on Tav getting more game time. I'm still desperate to see him played as one of the 3 in the middle though, personally I think he'll be excellent there.

I'm sure West Brom are struggling in cm, having to give Brunt and Barry to much game time, maybe we could so some sort of swap with one of our bazillion cm's for Burke, and drop Tav back into one of the 3.

I'd take Ivan Cavaleiro off Wolves' hands as well

Played tonight for Wolves, in all honesty can't see why he would be interested in coming here, I  just don't see it.

Traore came on in the 84th minute(!)

Howay Boro, bring him home :)

I'd take Ivan Cavaleiro off Wolves' hands as well

Played tonight for Wolves, in all honesty can't see why he would be interested in coming here, I  just don't see it.

Yeah no chance started to play again now he's recovered from injury

If Britt, Braithwaite, Gestede and potentially Fletcher are all going I'd like to see us go for Traore on loan, Burke permanently and then just because there are reports linking us to him and he's very prolific Mbwana Samatta from Genk

I thought CT was making a critical statement about Wolves paying £18m without understanding what they were spending it on and nothing else.  :nervous:

That's what I thought as well.  I've read it back and other than putting a comma in the wrong place I'm not sure why D.Z. thought I was contradicting him.  

If Wolves want to loan him back to us for some reason and pay a portion of his wages then fair enough and thanks very much.

He has been involved in the majority of their last few games and it sounds like he is playing well again. It makes zero sense for Wolves to loan him back to us. As much as I would love him back there’s no chance unfortunately.

Alan Nixon been saying we want a Striker badly now we've got VLP, got no money though apparently (couldn't afford Adomah if we tried) so it's a loan from the prem.

Solanke? Vokes? Defoe? Wickham...?

We can’t have much faith in hugill if we ‘badly’ want a striker. I haven’t seen a tweet from Nixon saying any of that, could have missed it though if it was before today.

We can’t have much faith in hugill if we ‘badly’ want a striker. I haven’t seen a tweet from Nixon saying any of that, could have missed it though if it was before today.

Them 2 from 27th and 28th saying we want a striker badly

Tuesday saying no recent contact for Wickham

Also Tuesday saying want prem loans, be difficult.

The club are working on bringing Traore back on loan for the rest of the season.

This is dependant on wolves transfer business. We have approached them a long way off though

Really good to see you posting Raf Smog, you have been missed