oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

No way we'll get Bowen like, too good for us especially if we're skint

Suppose it depends on whether Hull are even more skint. I imagine we have some money to spend regardless of what Alan Nixon says, and investing in a young player like Bowen would make sense. Someone with some real sell on value. 11 goals and 3 assists from the right wing this season. That's the kind of player we should be spending out money on. And Hull might be tempted to rake in some cash if we can also sweaten then deal with loan player or two. Maybe even Fletcher in a cash + player deal.

I wish we'd get him but there's serious prem interest and interest from Leeds. Sky sports yesterday said Spurs want him and could cost around 20 mill

Maybe Ollie Watkins is an alternative to Bowen if Prem clubs are queuing up.

Watkins will go for well north of £10m when he does.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn’t we go for Bowen in the summer, it’s just bizarre that a player who had obvious talent seemed to get ignored, and now there’s a stampede.

I’m hoping we did and got turned down or they wanted stupid money or something, he was such an obvious choice to replace Traore and can’t see why he wouldn’t have wanted the move.

Leganes’ general director Martin Ortega on Braithwaite: “He’s here loaned until June 30th 2019, in principle no option to buy has been set.”

We're keen on Jamal Lowe according to Sky

Jermain Defoe heading to Rangers on an 18 month loan

Will be  good signing for Rangers and will fit in very well.

Must admit the speculation is quite interesting so far, especially the Ipswich link.

From EverythingMFC twitter:

"Boro are a*** a host of clubs keen on Portsmouth top scorer Jamal Lowe, according to @SkySportsNews."

Hes quality AND exactly what we need. Pls Boro pls

With Portsmouth looking likely to get promotion I seriously doubt that they would let him go at this stage, their fans would go mental! DS.

Lambert's denied the story of Crockstede and Leadboots said they can't afford it. The local write up said this about the 2 players wages "Gestede believed to be on 30k a week and Leadbitter on similar terms are simply out of Towns reach".

Lambert also spoke on Knudsen said it isn't inevitable he leaves but if a player's looking elsewhere it's difficult, speculated there's interest in him from Kobenhavn and another club in Denmark not much sign of real movement there.

60k a week for Crockstede and Leadbitter, what a world.

Jermain Defoe heading to Rangers on an 18 month loan

Probably a better move for him.  I'm not sure he'd have been an ideal fit for us and if Pulis is looking at Traore and/or another proper winger type then he'll want a more physical presence up front than Defoe.  You'd also have to think Defoe is on decent money even at this stage of his career.