oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

I’ve never heard of Jamal Lowe but 10 goals and 4 assist from right wing is decent though. I’d like someone a bit more proven if it means less game time to Tav though.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So i am im no way ITK but do know someone very close to pompey. I am back down here collecting child no3 so just popped into my old local and bloke was there.

If the right bid comes in, they would sell, 3 champo clubs have had him watched several times this season. The yanks are not daft and 3m plus for a free pick up 2 years ago is serious money to them, he would have went for 1-1.5m in the summer but 2 clubs did not match their valuation ( he reckons sheff utd offered 800k).

I saw him 3 or 4 times last season and he looked absolute mustard, albeit lge 2. But you are right, if they sell and don't go up there would be riots.

Is it good to look absolute mustard?

Rather good BD, seem to have got myself into this pompey mockney way with words over the last 7 years

Does it come from  Mustard = must start? 

Notch notch.. Know what I mean.. Say no more.

Is it good to look absolute mustard?

Rather good BD, seem to have got myself into this pompey mockney way with words over the last 7 years

Does it come from  Mustard = must start? 

Notch notch.. Know what I mean.. Say no more.

Guessing it's from keen as mustard. He looks a very good player at the level. Just hope if we get him he has the ability to step up ala deli alli

But then again Fletcher was doing alright at league 1 when he was four years younger than Lowe. Big step from league one to the top of the championship. Some players like Dack can do it immediately though.

Can see a few championship clubs having an interest

@SkySports_Keith

BREAKING: Sunderland striker Josh Maja has told Sunderland this lunchtime he will NOT be signing their contract offer. 15-goal Maja had until today to give his final answer to the club. Sunderland offered him seven times his current wage to stay.

@SkySports_Keith

BREAKING: Sunderland striker Josh Maja has told Sunderland this lunchtime he will NOT be signing their contract offer. 15-goal Maja had until today to give his final answer to the club. Sunderland offered him seven times his current wage to stay.

Not sure another mercenary is what we need.

@SkySports_Keith

He's highly likely to be on a ridiculously low wage, in footballing wages at least, at Sunderland considering his ability and huge potential. So if he was on £1,000 a week at Sunderland, they could have offered him £7,000 a week (7 times that amount) which is still far less than he'd get at a Championship club. He's in a very strong position with him being out of contract at the end of the season so he's going to take advantage of that. He has performed very well for them since he got into the team. Sunderland have probably got more value out of Maja than they have from any other player for several years so, considering all of them factors, he doesn't deserve being tagged as a mercenary.

Would be pretty exciting to see a forward line made of players like Maja, tavernier, Lowe, maybe even Bowen. It’s a shame fletcher looks so far off the pace as he’d fit in nicely as the central striker.

Saying that I’m not 100% sure of majas actual position wether he’s central or left sided.

@SkySports_Keith

Its great to see that there are still some people who give these “journalists”, with their sensationalist headlines, the response they want.

Maja’s current contract/wage would have been his first professional contract, and it wouldn’t surprise me if that was as little as £500 per week. 7 times that is £3500, which based on his performances for Sunderland this season he is worth much more than.

I’m obviously speculating on what Maja is currently on but I’d be pretty confident it is no more than £1000 per week and I don’t think him turning down £7000 per week with the possibility of him signing for a top Championship club on more than that makes him a mercenary.