• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go,  https://youtu.be/0ek3fKyHZvY

Look at Clayton's passing ability here. The difference is it's in a team that isn't sat on the edge of it's own box.

Why've you got to link those videos? Makes me realise how much I miss our 2014/15 team, we should've went up that season

Karanka would probably still be here.

But at the same time people count things he should be doing as ‘not his job’, his job should not be just to tackle. His job is to start attacks from our own third, he’s poor at doing that part of the job. That’s the issue I’ve always had with Clayton.

I’ve said countless times that I see pulis kick off at him for not doing exactly that, multiple times a game. I’d almost guarantee that Pulis’ ideal (realistic) boro team doesn’t include Clayton as a starter.

As others have pointed out Clayton does have an excellent range of passing and anyone that says he doesn't is just being wilfully ignorant.

he's also still trying his best this year, he still averages over 65% forward passing in a midfield that includes besic who practically likes to play right next to him.

Here you go,

Look at Clayton's passing ability here. The difference is it's in a team that isn't sat on the edge of it's own box.

Guarantee people either won't watch or they'll be quiet and then be back in a week or 2 bemoaning Clayton as our biggest problem again.

I absolutely love that pass for Nuge for the winner at Bolton, the vision, composure and execution is outstanding when the pressure was really on us to make something happen.

Who is he supposed to pass to in this team when he receives the ball in our half? No runners, no pace, nobody wide, and a lone targetman with zero support.

We could have Ruben Neves and he would probably give up and recycle posession because there is nothing on 90% of the time we have the ball.

I remember this discussion raging from before the promotion season started. Remember when people were gasping to see Forshaw get his chance and thought Clayton was the man to drop because he only passes sideways and takes positivity out of our team? Then Clayton went on to be one of the best midfielders in the division? Who am I kidding, of course you don't!

In most of games I've watched I've found Besic to be the problem with his passing and releasing the ball as he always seems to hold on one or two pass options than he should and more complicated passes.

Clayton is a destroyer and my 2 cents on him is down to a call distinct lack of creativity. He has no one to pass too or ping that 30 to 40 yard ball too.

I remember this discussion raging from before the promotion season started. Remember when people were gasping to see Forshaw get his chance and thought Clayton was the man to drop because he only passes sideways and takes positivity out of our team? Then Clayton went on to be one of the best midfielders in the division? Who am I kidding, of course you don't!

Not sure I remember it like that. Think it was generally Leadbitter who people wanted to see Forshaw in for.

Some rumours knocking around about Romaine Sawyers today. Brentford captain, attacking midfielder. You'll never guess the other team linked....

Villa :funny: 

Chelsea have recalled Lewis Baker from Leeds could be off to Reading on another loan