oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Haven’t really kept up that much since the turn of the year as been busy, any concrete rumours to get excited about?

That quote from Pulis yesterday quashed any faint hope of a decent transfer window, as his/recruitments strategy of ‘wait until the end of the window cos it’ll be cheaper’ failed us miserably in the summer.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the players that we have already missed out on are Puncheon and Sørloth then I'm very happy that that's the case. Surely we can do better. We definately should be able to do better. Funny how Pulis says he wants tried and tested players and then it comes out that we wanted Sørloth. Makes little sense.

Think it's likely that he was after Defoe to be honest.

The fact that he was in front of anyone makes me very concerned :omg:

He did score a lot of goals in the Danish league though. No PL level player, but can do good in the right team. I think he will find some goals in the Belgian league, with a manager he knows.

The Echo are reporting that Pulis cancelled a couple of deals this week, because he was worried that the players were joining the club for the wrong reasons.

IF the players that we have already missed out on are Puncheon and Sørloth then I'm very happy that that's the case. Surely we can do better. We definately should be able to do better. Funny how Pulis says he wants tried and tested players and then it comes out that we wanted Sørloth. Makes little sense.

If they were our main targets be even more concerned

I died a little inside yesterday when I realized that.

We don't know they were our main targets, it was just a couple of people speculating on here.

I'm sure we could have brought Sorloth here if we actually wanted him, he's gone to Gent not Real Madrid.

The Echo are reporting that Pulis cancelled a couple of deals this week, because he was worried that the players were joining the club for the wrong reasons.

We want players who are going to spend the rest of their careers here! 

.....All 2 years of it as they're probably old journeymen

We don't know they were our main targets, it was just a couple of people speculating on here.

I'm sure we could have brought Sorloth here if we actually wanted him, he's gone to Gent not Real Madrid.

Sørloth specifically said he wanted to join Gent because his old manager is there. He turned down two clubs. Well informed Norwegian newspaper VG are certain that it was Galatasaray and Boro he turned down.

Pulis is spot on. We have had more than enough players who couldn't care leas.

There is a difference between not caring and wanting to do everything to get a bigger move. Nothing wrong with that. I hope players in the championship think like that.

Sørloth specifically said he wanted to join Gent because his old manager is there. He turned down two clubs. Well informed Norwegian newspaper VG are certain that it was Galatasaray and Boro he turned down.

Fair enough I didn't realise that was reported.

Not sure if it was mentioned but Pulis says we have a massive sell on clause and first option to buy back Ripley. Massive is relative of course, if he expects Ripley to be a top keeper aiming for Prem, even a 15/20% sell on could end up being quite a big deal for us.

Full article has a little background sourcing in it saying Boro were close on 2 targets but Pulis ordered the plug pulled primarily because he didn't want players coming here simply for the 'salary increase'.

Obviously professional footballers join the mighty Boro because of it's charming architecture and 250000 population town. I'm not a fan of that mindset when signing players to be honest and because of the mention that a specific reason was players coming for a pay increase does that mean the two potentials weren't loans?

It sounds great to fans what he says about players coming and going with us over the years but we're an average population town and area in the North East of England I'm not particularly sure standing firm on not incentivising players to come here will work out well in the long run especially in a competitive market.

He will point to Braithwaite as an example of a player coming mainly because of the money. He is partly right but you can’t just make that assumption every time. I’m sure Flint and Saville got a big pay rise too when joining. I’m sure someone like Watkins would be in for a massive rise if we signed him.