• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we're well stocked on CM's I think having Cabaye for his set pieces alone would add a huge amount of goal threat from us. I'd love it to be him. If it's any of the other CM's named then I can't see much logic in it. If we sign a further CM then we're surely going to have to move on some CM's like Leadbitter or even trying to cancel Besic's loan.

That's a good point.. if it's a CM who can take set pieces then it makes a lot more sense.

All it will do is make sure Wing isn't seen again.

The role a holding midfielder such as Clayton (or someone like Cabaye) does in our system is completely different to the role that our more advanced midfielders such as Wing, Saville, Besic and Howson do as they generally play as box-to-box midfielders, so I think signing a holding midfielder will have virtually no difference to Wing's chances.

We have advanced midfielders do we?  :D :D

I agree with you mostly, I just have never seen Cabaye as a holding midfielder.

I mentioned Okazaki a few days ago. Would love him here if he was allowed to play off Britt or hugill. Isn’t the most prolific but is so busy and has a lot of quality about him. Certainly an upgrade on Braithwaite. I’m a bit baffled about the CM thing. Unless we can move on Leadbitter and/or cancel Besic loan it doesn’t really make sense. Maybe we’ve had a good bid in for Clayton or Howson from a struggling Prem team.

Really Can’t see it being Okazaki, he’s have teams from premiership after him. Vydra is a good shout though.

Not sure about that, how many prem teams would be rushing for a guy with an absolute shocking goalscoring record who turns 33 before the end of the season.

No doubting he worked great with Vardy but I can't see anyone who would want him tbh.

Okazaki could be great if we’re actually going to play our best striker with him.

Not keen on Mikel, don’t see what he brings that’s different.

Good to see our new ‘spot them before they hit their peak’ strategy has got off to a good start.