oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Anyone want to play a game of guess the incoming CM?

Gareth Barry?

No, similar role though.

Possibly a long-term replacement for Clayton then?

He's older than Clayton.

Ffs does anyone have a long term vision at this club or are we just going to sign ***e 30+ players who are past their best with no resale value, on massive wages until we go bust?

People believing Pulis when he says the club are trying to sort out their financial situation yet we are buying players like this, he does this at every club he manages.

But we surely can’t be signing another cm?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a feeling we'd be linked with Mikel as soon as he got released, I mean is he really needed considering how much he'd want how much better than Clayton would he realistically be

Okazaki would be great just off Britt but what formation do we play that allows that?

It's Mikel & Okazaki.

I think both would want too much.

Hope these are loans, hardly ones for the future lol.

Mikel's on a free and Okazaki's contract runs out at the end of the season so would've thought we'd sign him. 

Mikel is between us and Palace. Like others have said, don't see what else he brings.

How advanced are these deals just to summarize? We are battling it out with a Prem club for Mikel who is at Rockliffe and we are trying for Okazaki but that info isn’t as solid. About right?

Oh dear. Hopefully Mikel doesn't come here. Okazaki would make a good bit of sense. Hopefully both are loan deals. It seems like we're continuing with unimaginative recruitment this January.

If we had last seasons forwards still here I honestly wouldn’t mind Mikel. He’d be a step up in DM position and a good platform to build on. I just don’t see the point using a huge bit of budget on him now when we clearly need forwards.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-mikel-john-obi-set-to-join-chinese-super-league-in-140000aweek-deal-a3433171.html

"Mikel, who has been at Chelsea since 2006, has been offered a three-year contract worth £140,000-a-week."

Someone smarter than me will have to square that circle because I can't I don't see that, I get him taking a mild pay cut to move back to London where his kids and model girlfriend live but to join the mighty Boro colour me sceptical.

Okazaki seems slightly more realistic but Leicester have rejected a bid from Huddersfield already so that seems like there'll be serious competition from bottom half PL teams.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-lei-okazaki/okazaki-mulls-leicester-exit-over-lack-of-game-time-idUKKCN1P80J4