• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-mikel-john-obi-set-to-join-chinese-super-league-in-140000aweek-deal-a3433171.html

"Mikel, who has been at Chelsea since 2006, has been offered a three-year contract worth £140,000-a-week."

Someone smarter than me will have to square that circle because I can't I don't see that, I get him taking a mild pay cut to move back to London where his kids and model girlfriend live but to join the mighty Boro colour me sceptical.

Okazaki seems slightly more realistic but Leicester have rejected a bid from Huddersfield already so that seems like there'll be serious competition from bottom half PL teams.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-lei-okazaki/okazaki-mulls-leicester-exit-over-lack-of-game-time-idUKKCN1P80J4

He's a free agent so technically he's earning nothing

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-mikel-john-obi-set-to-join-chinese-super-league-in-140000aweek-deal-a3433171.html

"Mikel, who has been at Chelsea since 2006, has been offered a three-year contract worth £140,000-a-week."

Someone smarter than me will have to square that circle because I can't I don't see that, I get him taking a mild pay cut to move back to London where his kids and model girlfriend live but to join the mighty Boro colour me sceptical.

Okazaki seems slightly more realistic but Leicester have rejected a bid from Huddersfield already so that seems like there'll be serious competition from bottom half PL teams.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-lei-okazaki/okazaki-mulls-leicester-exit-over-lack-of-game-time-idUKKCN1P80J4

Yeah I know he's a FA I was saying obviously he won't make China wages but will he really take less than 60% of his previous wage seems like a strange target to go for I guess it depends on how desperate he is to return to England and how much actual interest there is in him.

This is so far out of left field that I'm struggling seeing all the angles on it he'd do a job but that job would be an expensive job I guess 6 months contract on 50-60k might be the kind of thing we go for if it happens?

I'm just struggling seeing the logic in investing in him, he reads the game and spreads the ball around not much more or less.

I guess the thinking could be he would free up the other midfielders to play higher up the pitch?

I have no doubt Mikel would make a positive difference to our midfield, I think people would be surprised. But I agree it’s a massive chink of money to spend on someone who doesn’t play a priority position.

I’m guessing those that want Okazaki haven’t watched him play recently? I watched him against Newport and the poor lad looks done. My girlfriend and her family are all Leicester season ticket holders and love Okazaki but even they say that when he has played this season his legs look like they have gave up on him.

As for Mikel... such a waste of our limited resources.

Edit: how is Mikel only 31?

Yeah I know he's a FA I'm saying obviously he won't make China wages but will he really take less than 60% of his previous wage seems like a strange target to go for I guess it depends on how desperate he is to return to England and how much actual interest there is in him.

This is so far out of left field I'm struggling seeing all the angles on it he'd do a job but that job would be an expensive job I guess 6 months contract on 50-60k might be the kind of thing we go for if it happens?

I'm just struggling seeing the logic in investing in him, he reads the game and spreads the ball around not much more or less.

I agree, don't see much point in signing him. Certainly doesn't fit with what TP has suggested we're after but I don't believe a word he says anyway.

Whilst we're well stocked on CM's I think having Cabaye for his set pieces alone would add a huge amount of goal threat from us. I'd love it to be him. If it's any of the other CM's named then I can't see much logic in it. If we sign a further CM then we're surely going to have to move on some CM's like Leadbitter or even trying to cancel Besic's loan.

That's a good point.. if it's a CM who can take set pieces then it makes a lot more sense.

All it will do is make sure Wing isn't seen again.

Better not, I just had his name on me shirt

I’m guessing those that want Okazaki haven’t watched him play recently? I watched him against Newport and the poor lad looks done. My girlfriend and her family are all Leicester season ticket holders and love Okazaki but even they say that when he has played this season his legs look like they have gave up on him.

As for Mikel... such a waste of our limited resources.

Edit: how is Mikel only 31?

That's my view mate, hasn't looked anywhere near the player of a couple seasons ago. No surprise really that a player who has built his game around work rate and hassling is failing at nearly 33. 

Personally think we'd be much better investing elsewhere.

Really Can’t see it being Okazaki, he’s have teams from premiership after him. Vydra is a good shout though.

Not sure about that, how many prem teams would be rushing for a guy with an absolute shocking goalscoring record who turns 33 before the end of the season.

No doubting he worked great with Vardy but I can't see anyone who would want him tbh.

33 an I got better knee's an I'm 67 wow just wow.....Hang about I got me own shirt,An me boots just need a bit of Dubbin

Come on guys pulis is talking about cutting wage budget. Mikel and okazaki I doubt it. I can tell you we are in talks with 4 players at moment 2 up and comers 1 premier striker and 1 premier player winger. Winger is very dependant on there clubs business

Come on guys pulis is talking about cutting wage budget. Mikel and okazaki I doubt it.  I can tell you we are in talks with 4 players at moment 2 up and comers 1 premier striker and 1 premier player winger.  Winger is very dependant on there clubs business

Tell us who?