• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the rumours are posted in good faith but the Mikel one just doesn't add up.

It seems like something the club would put out to maybe catch out someone out.

I know we're overstocked in CM, but Mikel is absolutely streets ahead of our other midfielders. I'd much prefer him in the holding role to any of our other options, especially Besic on current form.

I would take Mikel if we can offload Leadbitter and send back Besic

But in these days.. it's hard to know which rumors have something concrete in them, and we get what we get, when Bausor shows his grin next to a new player, not before that...

Winger is adama

Yep, looks unlikely to happen though unless Wolves sign a replacement.

He’s just come on at half time against city. Why would he drop to the championship. Unless as you say wolves get a replacement and tell him there is almost zero chance of him playing. I wouldn’t hang my hat on the one.

Winger is adama

Yep, looks unlikely to happen though unless Wolves sign a replacement.

He’s just come on at half time against city. Why would he drop to the championship. Unless as you say wolves get a replacement and tell him there is almost zero chance of him playing. I wouldn’t hang my hat on the one.

he's come on up front again, and has looked relatively dreadful. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd have major interest in going back to the only manager who had him playing good football.

It's Mikel & Okazaki.

I think both would want too much.

:D :D :D

as unlikely as it may seem, i'd still love us to get Okazaki he's be prefect behind the main striker doing what he does, great busy forward, champo would suit him down to the ground. 

maybe a loan for game time, if nobody else wants him we might have a chance. they dont want to sell him.

I think people need to temper their expectations a bit. There's never really any value in the market in January anyway, and there are very few players available compared to summer. Teams doing well in whatever league they're in won't want to lose anybody from their squad (especially players who actually play), and teams struggling won't either. Add to that the obvious fact that we are in the Championship, don't play great football and are by no means certain to finish in th etop 6 and, welll....

You're basically looking in a very shallow pool, even if you have a tonne of money to throw at players, never mind if you're penny pinching to some extent, as we apparently are. 

The year we got promoted, we basically gambled on promotion, spending our potential Sky money on Rhodes and the wages for Gaston. This year we are too far off the pace to be able to do that.

This isn't saying we should just sign *anyone*, obviously we need to have standards, or you end up with Marvin Johnson.

I'm just saying that people seem to be having a pop at any potential signing, as though if we decided not to go for Okazaki, we could just bring Sergio Aguero in instead.

In these circumstances, someone like Okazaki (if we are in for him), or a gamble from the MLS, are realistically the best we can hope for.