oneBoro Forum

The Transfer Thread.

Oh aye, we can't afford to sack Gary Gill but we're in the market for these two :)

Makes you wonder how much Gill is on because either of these would be our highest paid player.  They do however tie in with our super new transfer policy that Pulis is here to install  :upside_down:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Mikel & Okazaki.

I think both would want too much.

:D :D :D

I would still rather go for maddison and powell. This jumbled up thinking of golden oldies on presumably huge wages while "not spending Steve's money" just doesn't make sense, especially when openly admitting to a policy of sign them young and go for resale value.

Maddison and powell would cost less than 8 million I'd guess (money we could bring in from a midfielder) and their wages would be a fraction of the two mentioned.

Oh aye, we can't afford to sack Gary Gill but we're in the market for these two :)

Makes you wonder how much Gill is on because either of these would be our highest paid player.  They do however tie in with our super new transfer policy that Pulis is here to install  :upside_down:

Gill is holding the club to ransom because he's got his patented scouting blackboard that he could take to any club in the world.

Gill's been through all the new transfer policies from the YouTube star era of Haroun, Martin and Ogbeche through the building links with clubs for loans era to the Aitor's Spanish so viva espana to the let's copy Southampton and stick Gary in a black box room to watch his videos and don't let him out until he's found us wonderkids all the way to let's get British players they'll get us promoted all the way to whoever's in Tony's phonebook no need for videos.

I feel for Gary even if he is well paid he's been through a lot I was feeling weary typing that out he's lived it. I don't think he's done a bad job for a radio commentator over the years in all the different roles he's had I'd probably just want him gone now just to change things up but knowing how we're run they'll probably hire Maddo as his replacement.

I got information on 04/11/18 that I posted on here (selected the specific part):

Pulis sees the quality of our strikers as the key weakness of the side and has prioritised two strikers that can work in a combination up front and link with teammates (I'm assuming a proper target man and a supporting striker to play off him). The person was explicit in saying two "strikers" and not a striker and a number 10. He still wants a winger but the two strikers are the main priority. Our chance conversion rate is absolutely pathetic so I can understand his view despite us having plenty of established Championship strikers at the club. Seems like we'll be open to offers all of our strikers in January considering how he doesn't rate any particularly highly.

The Okazaki interest seems to tick the box of the supporting striker. We were apparently interested in Sorloth - a proper targetman - from Crystal Palace but he chose another team ahead of us. Signing van La Parra ticks the genuine winger that box (albeit obvious). It's the first time I'd heard something from them but I knew for a fact that they're closely connected to what goes on behind the scenes, but I'm quite encouraged by the information proving to be somewhat accurate. It seems like we're still going to have a serious interest in signing a proper targetman if we can find a good enough one.

Surely a targetman is not what we need as that is what hugill is supposed to be?

We need more of a Vydra/Ashley Barnes type.

If we do go out and get another striker to play 2 up front, that makes the sale of bamford even more stupid than it already was!

Come on guys pulis is talking about cutting wage budget. Mikel and okazaki I doubt it. I can tell you we are in talks with 4 players at moment 2 up and comers 1 premier striker and 1 premier player winger. Winger is very dependant on there clubs business

RAF, is lowe from pompey on the radar. My pompey source sent a cryptic txt tonight regarding Bryn morris ( just signed for them and he asked me about him in october)?

Surely a targetman is not what we need as that is what hugill is supposed to be?

We need more of a Vydra/Ashley Barnes type.

If we do go out and get another striker to play 2 up front, that makes the sale of bamford even more stupid than it already was!

That information was 2 months ago when Hugill was doing far worse than he is now. Hugill now performing better may have changed the necessity of signing a targetman somewhat but, if the reports are to be believed anyway, we had a serious interest in Sorloth so there seems to be a lingering interest in a new tagetman if possible. I think we'd struggle to find a better targetman than Hugill this window as there doesn't seem to be too many who are available - without throwing stupid money about anway.

Yeah selling Bamford was a bad move. It makes very little sense from a football point of view as he was clearly our best striker.

Mikel left Chelsea for the money of China, he’s almost finished his career and now looks like he is going to move to a small second tier club in the north of England for the last six months of his career. A club he has probably never heard of.

What was it Pulis was saying about signing people that wanted to be here for footballing reasons.......

Dean McCullagh

@deanm4

Follow Follow @deanm4

More

Replying to @lew_mcc @SkyBet

You might want to change that bet - he’s just got in the same train as me to Edinburgh! Lol

Dean McCullagh

@deanm4

5h5 hours ago

More

Replying to @BarclaysLeague @CPFC @ChelseaFC

I was on a train with Mikel today travelling to Edinburgh...he got off at Darlington!?!

That's a random Spurs fan replying to someone asking about Mikel going to Palace, so backs up Lurker saying he was at Rockcliffe

I was a bit ***ed off when lurker first mentioned Mikel but now I think about it I think he’d be a quality signing.

For the first time in years we’d finally have a proper power house midfielder who will dominate most midfields at this level.

Not only that but having the luxury of being able to leave him to it would allow our other midfielders to sit a lot higher up the pitch than they do as there is less cover work.

If we get Mikel I’d be pretty ***ing pleased with that.

I was a bit *** off when lurker first mentioned Mikel but now I think about it I think he’d be a quality signing.

For the first time in years we’d finally have a proper power house midfielder who will dominate most midfields at this level.

Not only that but having the luxury of being able to leave him to it would allow our other midfielders to sit a lot higher up the pitch than they do as there is less cover work.

If we get Mikel I’d be pretty *** pleased with that.

I mean he's an improvement on Clayton definitely imo it's just how much more would we have to pay him than AC, is it worth it? Only explanation is we're selling Clayton or sending Besic back maybe?

So long as we have money for another winger so Downing doesn't start I guess