• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

With this Mikel rumour seeming pretty concrete, surely must have some other interest in Gestede, Leadbitter and Fletcher considering Mikel will be on very big wage. Gestede Leadbitter and Fletcher off the books is about 70-80k a week I'd guess

Last night was interesting with some actual rumours, any updates RAF or Lurker, we need some distraction from BREXIT please

Take this as you wish but I have been told John Obi Mikel is at Rockcliffe and stayed last night... he was meeting NB and TP today. Not saying it’s gospel but just passin what I was told around 5 mins ago

This fits with the spurs fan on twitter who saw him leave a train at Darlington station yesterday.

If Mikel in the team allows wing and Howson/Saville/Tav to play every game and be much more free going forwards then I can get behind it.

The only thing I don't get is Pulis says the players have to WANT to come here, Mikel went to China purely for financial gain, so is he really the kind of player he would want at our club?

If you were 30 and could go to China for a year and probably double your salary would you say no?

Maybe he wants to get back into the English game and sees us as a way to get back to full speed and fitness?

Someone remind me why pulis apparently "pulled the plug" on a couple if deals last week.

But in this case it's fine because he's won medals?!?!?!

Our double standards are ridiculous

How is it double standards? He’s a top midfielder not like it’s Jon Walters.

I think people have been brainwashed by this ‘Clayton and leadbitter dream team’ stuff, Mikel on paper is levels above.

I remember people saying exactly the same when Sunderland got Defoe from America and he was outstanding for them.

I think people have been brainwashed by this ‘Clayton and leadbitter dream team’ stuff, Mikel on paper is levels above.

I remember people saying exactly the same when Sunderland got Defoe from America and he was outstanding for them.

Because apparently the deals were called off because players wanted to sign for the wrong reason, implying using us just to fill their bank balance or to Use us as a stepping stone. Now it seems ok to sign a guy wanting to Use us as a stepping stone to get back into a top English team just because he won some medals.

I'd rather a kid from Sunderland at the start of his career potentially earning 7k a week use us as a stepping stone as there is potential to make a profit, meaning we are using him too.

Because apparently the deals were called off because players wanted to sign for the wrong reason, implying using us just to fill their bank balance or to Use us as a stepping stone. Now it seems ok to sign a guy wanting to Use us as a stepping stone to get back into a top English team just because he won some medals.

I'd rather a kid from Sunderland at the start of his career potentially earning 7k a week use us as a stepping stone as there is potential to make a profit, meaning we are using him too.

But we don’t know any details tudders. Mikel might be willing to come in on a short term contract on relatively low wages in order to put himself in the shop window. In that case he would want to play out of his skin to benefit himself which would in turn benefit us. Surely that scenario would be a win win?

But what if their wage demands didn’t reflect their ability?

I imagine it’s more from a value for money point of view, Mikel would have high demands but would be worth it. The kid from Sunderland may barely play.

I wonder if club are putting out

False rumours to flush out leaks. After players we lost because rumours got out in summer and windows previous. Mikel isn't way club operate now mikel will demand too much wage wise with no sell on value. The players already been to rockcliffe are younger and if they come off will have the sell on value to make club alot of money

I just can’t imagine the Mikel rumour being anything beyond agent speculation. We already have too many centre midfielders and Pulis has asked for pace... If we do sign another centre mid we would at least want an attacking one given our current choices - just makes zero sense.

False rumours to flush out leaks. After players we lost because rumours got out in summer and windows previous. Mikel isn't way club operate now mikel will demand too much wage wise with no sell on value. The players already been to rockcliffe are younger and if they come off will have the sell on value to make club alot of money

I sincerely hope this is true. I'm honestly not taken by either okasaki or mikel. Not at all.

Depends on the contract. If it was til the end of the season, yes his wages would be high, but the sell on value would be irrelevant, so it would strictly be about what benefit he has to us between now and May.

Can you tell us who these younger players are, you big tease?

But we don’t know any details tudders. Mikel might be willing to come in on a short term contract on relatively low wages in order to put himself in the shop window. In that case he would want to play out of his skin to benefit himself which would in turn benefit us. Surely that scenario would be a win win?

So absolutely no long term plan. Hope we get promoted and then have to rebuild the midfield again? Or trust the guys behind him, not considered good enough to get us promoted but hoping that they'll keep us up? I mean where is the structure? And this isn't aimed at pulis, it's a club thing. It's back to the having no long term plan thing. Let's not "fly by the seats of our pants" but bring in an aging midfielder for 6 months to play a major role and then start all over again.

Just seems like a contradiction in terms. Granted However, a very good player if he still maintains his previous quality

I know of 2 younger players already mentioned on here.1 has been more than once as well. 1 striker also from a premier league team who we have recently sold a player too and a old player I think we know who that is lol.