• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulis was the most divisive manager ever to lead West Brom, it is no exaggeration to say that he nearly destroyed the club. Act now Gibson, you hired him (why?) now you must pull the trigger and start the process of unravelling the mess he will have created.

Pulis was the most divisive manager ever to lead West Brom, it is no exaggeration to say that he nearly destroyed the club. Act now Gibson, you hired him (why?) now you must pull the trigger and start the process of unravelling the mess he will have created.

How did he nearly destroy the club? Genuine question.

The reaction of the fans tonight may just make a difference both in terms of the relatively low numbers there and for the rousing ovation they gave at the final whistle.

I haven't heard a reaction from our fans like that for a long time, at least not at the Riverside.  We can quite often grumble and have a short boo at full time but that was sustained and had a fair amount of venom behind it.  It seemed to be directed at some of the players as well as they clapped the fans.

Look at the players he brought in and where he left them when he was sacked. And ask their fans about their enjoyment of football while he was there, imagine it’s similar to what we’re feeling right now

The reaction of the fans tonight may just make a difference both in terms of the relatively low numbers there and for the rousing ovation they gave at the final whistle.

The crowd was actually higher than I expected! We are terrible to watch, the weather is awful, we've got a few home games coming up and it's nearly Xmas.

Well done to everyone that went you deserve a medal.

Feels like i’ve just spent £15 to watch a £2 show.

Hugill and Wing looked like the Northern league is about their level. Braithwaite not interested and you’ll go along way to find a player who can tackle themselves as well as George Friend. (Those not mentioned weren’t any better)

This was the first game I’ve attended since the equally turgid cup exit vs Accrington. I think it must be me.

Where to from here?

Look at the players he brought in and where he left them when he was sacked. And ask their fans about their enjoyment of football while he was there, imagine it’s similar to what we’re feeling right now

I know how they felt about him I just think the term 'nearly destroying the club' seems a bit of an exaggeration. It's hardly Redknapp at Portsmouth. Unless there's more to it than what you've described.

Is this worse than Cardiff? (Other happy cup quarter final memories)

I felt worse coming out of the Cardiff game because I felt we had a real chance of winning the FA Cup that year as I think all of the big sides were already out.  

It's also hard to be overly surprised by tonight as we really aren't much good when it comes down to it.  We dominated possession but we didn't have many ideas and I reckon they probably had more shots than we did, which says something I guess.  We certainly had a chance or two we should have taken but it's not like we were all over them, even in the first half they were relatively comfortable against us.  Based on the actual play with the ball by both sides it would be hard to separate them.  We certainly didn't look like a side with Premier League aspirations playing against a side who aren't even a good League One side - they are 15th this season.  

I have absolutely no idea why we persist with Hugill, what Leadbitter was doing back in the side, why a lad signed from non-league has more of an eye for a pass than anyone else on our books, why we are stuck with lads over 30 who clearly don't have the legs any longer and haven't for a while, why we are doing our best to ruin a promising central defender by asking him to play in a way that clearly isn't what he's about.  Tonight we played 4-1-4-1 or even 4-5-1 against a team that we should be much better than and of course instead of properly dominating the game we did what we always do and played down to the opposition, allowing it to become yet another ***e game of football at the Riverside this season.

I know there are people that don't like the negativity on here but ***ing hell, look at what is happening on the pitch and ask yourself if this is really what you want to watch week in week out.

Said the same thing earlier. Regardless of where you stand on the debate, the writing is on the wall when half the fans don't turn up and the other half boo you off, even moreso given the opposition and occasion. The players didn't look up for it tonight, our defence has looked sloppy again... this is going to be a long couple of weeks for Tony Pulis unless we come out in the next game with a rocket up our backsides.

Totally ignored the youth teams and academies froze out those whose face did not suit, divided the fan base and was in danger of losing a new generation of young supporter due to the dire stuff he demanded be played on the pitch. When he had finally gone and The Black Country had stopped celebrating the players left spoke out and they condemned him as both a manager and a tactician. He left the club with players who were incapable of adapting to new tactics and had to be sold on for big losses and the club then had to borrow money so that the new man could try and stop the spiral. I could probably go on but I will get depressed. A number of Baggies fans came onto this site to try and warn us what was going to happen, sadly they have been proved right.

Totally ignored the youth teams and academies froze out those whose face did not suit, divided the fan base and was in danger of losing a new generation of young supporter due to the dire stuff he demanded be played on the pitch. When he had finally gone and The Black Country had stopped celebrating the players left spoke out and they condemned him as both a manager and a tactician. He left the club with players who were incapable of adapting to new tactics and had to be sold on for big losses and the club then had to borrow money so that the new man could try and stop the spiral. I could probably go on but I will get depressed. A number of Baggies fans came onto this site to try and warn us what was going to happen, sadly they have been proved right.

You've got to ask yourself, who is advising Gibson? Does he even take advice or is just easily led?