oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burton H (Carabao Cup) 0-1

Pulis was the most divisive manager ever to lead West Brom, it is no exaggeration to say that he nearly destroyed the club. Act now Gibson, you hired him (why?) now you must pull the trigger and start the process of unravelling the mess he will have created.

How did he nearly destroy the club? Genuine question.

Totally ignored the youth teams and academies froze out those whose face did not suit, divided the fan base and was in danger of losing a new generation of young supporter due to the dire stuff he demanded be played on the pitch. When he had finally gone and The Black Country had stopped celebrating the players left spoke out and they condemned him as both a manager and a tactician. He left the club with players who were incapable of adapting to new tactics and had to be sold on for big losses and the club then had to borrow money so that the new man could try and stop the spiral. I could probably go on but I will get depressed. A number of Baggies fans came onto this site to try and warn us what was going to happen, sadly they have been proved right.

But apart from all that was he alright? ;)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic performance, I am officially Pulis out because i cant sit and watch this week in week out. Friend and Downing are past it and need to go, Braithwaite doesn't want to be here so needs to go, Leadbitter great servant to the club but he needs to replaced soon so someone can challenge Clayton as his legs are going and Britt needs to go because we have spent way over the odds and he isnt producing the goods.

One thing I will say about the game tonight is that Pulis should have played them academy kids with one or two senior players like leadbitter to guide them, they'd of shown fight and desire also entertained the crowd which is something the first team are not capable of under Pulis.

I got a boro ticket in the derby end for the game on new years day but have told my mate who id of gone with whos a huge derby fan. He can take his counsin instead who wouldn't usually have the money to spend on a ticket they can go instead so i dont have to watch this again and somebody who wants to go but doesn't have the money can.

Pulis was the most divisive manager ever to lead West Brom, it is no exaggeration to say that he nearly destroyed the club. Act now Gibson, you hired him (why?) now you must pull the trigger and start the process of unravelling the mess he will have created.

Totally ignored the youth teams and academies froze out those whose face did not suit, divided the fan base and was in danger of losing a new generation of young supporter due to the dire stuff he demanded be played on the pitch. When he had finally gone and The Black Country had stopped celebrating the players left spoke out and they condemned him as both a manager and a tactician. He left the club with players who were incapable of adapting to new tactics and had to be sold on for big losses and the club then had to borrow money so that the new man could try and stop the spiral. I could probably go on but I will get depressed. A number of Baggies fans came onto this site to try and warn us what was going to happen, sadly they have been proved right.

But apart from all that was he alright? ;)

Well you did ask lol (emojis not working)

In all of this I forgot to say well done Burton, your players deserved the win they fought for each other brave in defence and seemed really up for the match.

To be fair the result was not a surprise nor the Boro performance

Just got back and that was f#cking horrendous.

Didn't see the team until kick off, couldn't believe the likes of Hugill, Downing and Leadboots were in with Fletcher/Tav on the bench.

Couldn't believe we set up again with 2 attacking players on the pitch AT HOME against a LEAGUE ONE side. He should be sacked for that in itself.

His subs were utterly clueless/scattergunned that didn't do anything to help.

Please Santa get rid of this cap wearing to#spot for Christmas.

You've got to ask yourself, who is advising Gibson? Does he even take advice or is just easily led?

Is it time for wholesale changes from the very top and recruitment team?

Is it time for wholesale changes from the very top and recruitment team?

I think so.  Stuff just isn't right there and hasn't been for a while.  As we clearly can't just spend our way out of problems now we need to start getting more things right than we currently do.

The reaction of the fans tonight may just make a difference both in terms of the relatively low numbers there and for the rousing ovation they gave at the final whistle.

Said the same thing earlier. Regardless of where you stand on the debate, the writing is on the wall when half the fans don't turn up and the other half boo you off, even moreso given the opposition and occasion. The players didn't look up for it tonight, our defence has looked sloppy again... this is going to be a long couple of weeks for Tony Pulis unless we come out in the next game with a rocket up our backsides.

I think he'd have to get a decent result on Saturday but as we're away most people won't see it.  Boxing day at home to Sheff Wed will be massive as you'd expect a decent crowd there.  I would say if he's still in the job at that point that he's going to need a win and a good win at that to get some people back on side.

It's difficult to say how much of the booing was directed at him and how much at the players.  As Hendrie said earlier, some of it was definitely at the players but the various comments I could hear during the game weren't exactly complimentary towards Pulis although they haven't been for a while I suppose.

very noticeable that once Hugill and Braithwaite departed, there was no one moving for the ball at all...not world beaters but so much more mobile than Fletch and Ass....Besic should not be allowed within 50 yards of our penalty area and George looked worn out after ten minutes...but enough about the positives.....agree that youngsters were the only good performers...

I thought when Kenyon came on board that Gibson was beginning to broaden his ideas about where the club is to go I seem to remember rumours of investors being keen to come in back then. I think Gibson's downfall for so long has been the struggle to separate being a fan and being a football man. I think too much of a burden has been put on himself by himself and has resulted in a lot of poor decisions through his loyalty and friendships with certain people.

Thiago Cruz was at the match tonight. He used to be head of academy recruitment up until 18 months ago but now works for Key Sports Management. I've had a look at some of their clients and it includes Dael Fry and Marcus Tavernier but there are lots of other names that could be potential targets for us. The list is here:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/key-sports-management-ltd-/beraterfirma/berater/344

I thought we were very good for the first 15-20 minutes where we were moving the ball forward and looking for the runs between he channels but we were very poor second half and went back to being unable to break down a team sitting back. From where I was sat in the first half (right behind the home dugout) it looked like every time Pulis was shouting to players (mainly downing) they just seemed to ignore him and this frustrated him a lot, he must have go through a whole pack of chewey. Besic for me is at fault for the goal as for some reason he took an age to try to clear it. Also I think today confirmed, if it wasn't already, that Braithwaite has no future at this club, he made a few runs but didn't seem that interested and was heavily booed coming off. Wonder what the papers will say tomorrow.

I thought when Kenyon came on board that Gibson was beginning to broaden his ideas about where the club is to go I seem to remember rumours of investors being keen to come in back then. I think Gibson's downfall for so long has been the struggle to separate being a fan and being a football man. I think too much of a burden has been put on himself by himself and has resulted in a lot of poor decisions through his loyalty and friendships with certain people.

Nothing will change while Gibson is in charge of the club. Kenyon got him some investors, but Gibson won't hand his toy over.