oneBoro Forum

Karanka replaced by Martin O'Neil

Or he shouldn't have joined a team determined to win promotion at the first time of asking, then try to shift the expectations into building something over a number of years.

Or Gibson shouldn't have ever said we want to smash the league. A remarkable number of Boro fans pinned none of this on Gibson for what he said there when he said it, it's clear as day what his expectations were and they weren't to build a team the way a team like Swansea had done and are trying to do again. Note that despite not really challenging too much, I haven't seen much about the Swansea manager being under pressure.

Both of them got it wrong, for me. I have no real sympathy for Garry Monk for trying to make out his position wasn't what it actually was. He was also hugely un-likeable, had no sense of passion or drive towards our club. And it's not like it's not in his personality because he spoke of Swansea like Romeo does of Juliet whilst he was still here.

Last year was 100% Gibsons fault he made the players nervous knowing they had to perform or the fans would get on there back due to expectation, the opposition managers/players really want to beat us so we did not smash the league and Monk a scared kid who because of that comment was way over his depth he did not have a team capable of smashing the league. Id go as far to say Gibson chucked away our chance of promotion before we kicked a ball last season.

Thomas I think you've pretty much nailed it - I even remember Warnock having a wry swipe at the comment and how much pressure and expectations it put on the team, staff and fans - Monk never stood a chance and all because greedy fingers wanted to sell all his overpriced season tickets.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many bridges burnt for me to want him back. He just can’t handle the pressure. The only man I’d give a second chance is Mogga. He wasn’t backed at all the first time and plays some decent football with Blackburn and has a recent history of winning promotions. Personally I’d just try someone new.

Forest would be insane to sack Karanka, so many of their supporters are behind him.

To me it seems like he's started to mirror his bad traits that he had here.. The things you expected to learn and never do again. He's fell out with key players and fan favourites. It's happened once, so you know with him it will happen again, as soon as they hit a rocky period.

Sections of the crowd will always back him, he's a very likeable guy for many reasons.

I don't know wether to like Karanka or not, cause I never understood a goddamn word he said!

I think that splits the dressing room too.. At least for us it did, I think. Imagine Karanka talking Spanish to 20 % of the players and really gibberish to the rest.. Then see him get mad, when players make mistakes in training, cause they didn't understand .. Language barriere.

I don't know wether to like Karanka or not, cause I never understood a goddamn word he said!

I think that splits the dressing room too.. At least for us it did, I think. Imagine Karanka talking Spanish to 20 % of the players and really gibberish to the rest.. Then see him get mad, when players make mistakes in training, cause they didn't understand .. Language barriere.

Blooming foreigners eh?! ;)

It’s not impossible to bring back a manager but it would be fool who did. It simply does not make business sense for many reasons including trust.

So Chelsea were wrong to re-hire Champions League winning Mourinho? Interesting.

It’s not impossible to bring back a manager but it would be fool who did. It simply does not make business sense for many reasons including trust.

So Chelsea were wrong to re-hire Champions League winning Mourinho? Interesting.

There is a pretty big difference between multiple CL and league winner Mourinho and Championship runner up Karanka.

Yet we are trusting Tony Pulis with our finances after he's been done for gaining money fraudulently from Palace, we're trusting him ro rebuild our club for a solid future yet the two other clubs he was tasked with doing that got relegated, he got sacked for his style of play but it would be a bad thing to bring back a manager who brought us promotion because he made mistakes in his first attempt at managing?

There is a pretty big difference between multiple CL and league winner Mourinho and Championship runner up Karanka.

Not that I think he would be the best option but I'd take second in the Championship right now. He will have learned a lot from past mistakes as well. 

Managers can learn a lot from failure. Just look at our own Gareth Southgate as an example , Aitor is a good manager and knows his stuff. I would be surprised that if we ran an AK or TP poll that the welshman would  get much more than 10%

Not that I think he would be the best option but I'd take second in the Championship right now. He will have learned a lot from past mistakes as well. 

Managers can learn a lot from failure. Just look at our own Gareth Southgate as an example , Aitor is a good manager and knows his stuff. I would be surprised that if we ran an AK or TP poll that the welshman would  get much more than 10%

I'd be surprised if we ran a poll of pulis vs Mr blobby and the Welshman got more than 10%

Of course anyone would take second in the league right. But going by the reports it doesn’t exactly sound like he has learned a lot if he is indeed falling out with players already.