• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting the way it's been worded by Forest. He asked to leave. Exactly why he asked to leave is surely down to the reaction from the Forest board to his results. It certainly doesn't seem to have gone down as well as they might have hoped, Forest fans have seen right through that.

Just read the article from the telegraph. Seems like he had a poor relationship with the club's executive for some time. Director of football and other appointments made over his head. Board wanted playing time for a young player that he wasn't willing to give, and he wanted more funds in January that weren't forthcoming. Not surprisingly, it claims he's been distant in recent training sessions.

Quite reminiscent of his demise here really. Seems as though he needs to curb his ego and temper somewhat but again looks as though he's only become frustrated at an over-involved chairman. Most managers demand sovereignty in team matters so you can understand his frustrations.

I would be more inclined to think that he was promised control etc over the team and a certain level of funding and didn't get it!

Not sure that's an ego thing , more one of principals. say what you like about Aitor he always came across as a very principled person to me

Oh and yes , despite it being right at the time when he left , I would have him back in a heartbeat over Pulis

Karanka is a fruit and nut case

Or, as someone with actual compassion might phrase it, possibly has stress and mental health issues.

Just read the article from the telegraph. Seems like he had a poor relationship with the club's executive for some time. Director of football and other appointments made over his head. Board wanted playing time for a young player that he wasn't willing to give, and he wanted more funds in January that weren't forthcoming. Not surprisingly, it claims he's been distant in recent training sessions.

Quite reminiscent of his demise here really. Seems as though he needs to curb his ego and temper somewhat but again looks as though he's only become frustrated at an over-involved chairman. Most managers demand sovereignty in team matters so you can understand his frustrations.

His title was head coach when he as was here, so then he should have undestood that he would not have full control, as he was not a manager. A head coach is in charge of the footballing side (training, matches, taking out the squad, tactics etc, but not over transfers or contracts)

what his title at Nottingham was I dont know

Kind of admirable for him to leave on his own terms he was tired of the talk and whispers from an impatient owner. He had the balls to do what Rowett didn't do I mean everyone knew Stoke were looking for a new manager for 2 weeks before they eventually sacked Rowett who just comes out of it looking weak at least Aitor took a stand that if you don't think I'm the right man fine I'm out.

They have a ridiculously expensive star player in Carvalho who needs a striker to play off all they have is an aged Murphy and Grabban up front good luck to their next one getting the best out of that setup. They're the new Derby County they have a bunch of aged well paid players who've been good in the Championship in the past but are overpaid and a little past it. Plus a few young Portuguese stars who are very unpolished but very talented.

The Bilbao job might be coming up again soon can imagine him taking that on which would be fantastic for him he deserves it.

The strange thing is, after the 4-2 vs Leeds on New Year's Day, Karanka said in his post-match interview he wanted to do something similar at Forest to what he achieved at MIddlesbrough. He sounded committed to the Forest project at that stage, so I wonder what's changed in the last ten days?

The strange thing is, after the 4-2 vs Leeds on New Year's Day, Karanka said in his post-match interview he wanted to do something similar at Forest to what he achieved at MIddlesbrough. He sounded committed to the Forest project at that stage, so I wonder what's changed in the last ten days?

10 Days can be a lot during a transfer window, especially if he's having lots of meetings with the owner. Seem to remember that they were looking at a new Director of football as well so that could have caused a bit of friction.

His title was head coach when he as was here, so then he should have undestood that he would not have full control, as he was not a manager. A head coach is in charge of the footballing side (training, matches, taking out the squad, tactics etc, but not over transfers or contracts)

what his title at Nottingham was I dont know

Regardless of his title, he very clearly did have control over the majority of the transfers when he was here, I doubt Gary Gill had the Spanish players we brought in at the top of his list of targets, or could have lured the likes of Valdes and Negredo here.

The problem at both clubs is when the chairman starts to curtail or alter the manager or head coach's remit (and the way Karanka has reacted to it). Here there were players who were reportedly brought in over his head and at Forest his team selection was being interfered with and Footballing appointments were made without consulting him.

Or, as someone with actual compassion might phrase it, possibly has stress and mental health issues.

you're insinuating that he might have 'mental health issues' based on nothing whatsoever, and yet you're trying to claim the moral high ground..

I think you need to stop taking things at face value... if you really think a comment like that is me making a serious comment on him having mental health problems then you need to get a grip tbh. In football terms he is a bit of a nutter.

Do we have to be deadly serious and agree with each other at all times on here?

you're insinuating that he might have 'mental health issues' based on nothing whatsoever, and yet you're trying to claim the moral high ground..

I think you need to stop taking things at face value... if you really think a comment like that is me making a serious comment on him having mental health problems then you need to get a grip tbh. In football terms he is a bit of a nutter.

Do we have to be deadly serious and agree with each other at all times on here?

Without wishing to re-enact the old Monty Python sketch, no we don't have to agree all the time or be deadly serious. But mental health really isn't something to be flippant about any more. It's glib comments like the one above which make people embarrassed to admit they have mental health issues, and I'm speaking from experience here.

Plus, Karanka probably does have difficulties coping with the pressures of management. Didn't he say after the Brighton game he wanted to cry for 24 hours?