oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Vs Ipswich Town 2-0 (Hugill, Tavernier)

Someone told me that there is a game on tomorrow. I'm not sure game is the correct word since that implies some modicum of amusement and fun, something that has long since deserted the Riverside. 

674kna.jpg 

Here are the lads, all raring to go. They have been working on a special move all week to impress the fans. The amazing Cha-Cha-Pass. 

Pass to the left. Pass to the right. Take it back now Y'all.

Meanwhile in t'other news, Rajiv Van la Parra has been seen heading for the Boro. The place where creativity comes to die. I'm so sorry lad, RIP your career. Here is a video of him on twitter arriving with excitement....

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1078272836270211074

I'm scrambling for things to say, honestly. I can't remember the last time I felt so despondent. I think I left my season ticket in my house in York and I can't be ***d to go get it. 

Points to consider:

• Will we pass to the left more or to the right?
  • How many times will we lose the ball?
  • Will Wing and Tav ever get the superglue Pulis has applied to their shorts that keeps them stuck on the bench?

• Will Jen find her season ticket?
  • Does anyone care?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Jen. Pretty much sums up how I feel. The only positive from this game is that it’s a 100% must win.

Ipswich are rock bottom, devoid of confidence and ideas. If we don’t win this there will be no hiding place for Pulis. No disrespect to Ipswich but the pressure is really on us to win convincingly.

Incidentally for those that are looking for a stream for this game it won’t belong before all our games both home &away will be shown live on Comedy Central :s

Well when I see you like this RR then I know we're in trouble as you've always been more optimistic than me and I used to be the one who typed 8-0 to the Boro on every match day thread.

My son arrived from Canada yesterday, a member of this forum way longer than me, I bought him the streaming service as he tries to never miss a game even though at times its a 3 am start for him, I was unfortunately stupid enough to but Derby tickets so we are forced into that journey but as you may guess he has no interest in going tomorrow, not an inkling. I'm actually trying to remember the last time he didn't want to go.

So yes we have a game tomorrow and I don't give a toss.

I don't see anything different happening, the bloke just can't get a tune out of this team and I don't think the players care or remember how to play - it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted him gone as badly as we do - you're meant to enjoy playing football after all. I think they care about the fans but are hamstrung. Listen to what Domonic Matteo has to say about forgetting what to do under Pulis-

These lads know what theyre talking about.

Good effort RR UTB

Think I'm giving my season ticket away on Saturday, I'll be back next month when hopefully we have a couple of new players.

Can't be bothered watching us trying to grind out a 1-0 against Ipswich.

I wont be at the ground but if Pulis plays 5-4-1 id expect Ipswich to gain confidence throughout the game particularly if we dont get a lucky goal or get on the front foot and maybe even snatch it. Wing and Tav along with Randolph should be the first 3 names on that team sheet and atm Randolph is the only one who is getting full games. One point i have made a few times is when we had Howson, Clayton and Wing in central midfield there was a good balance, creativity and energy, Besic has been poor since he came back and Wing hasn't deserved to be dropped please Pulis go back to them 3 in the middle.

Should be a convincing win. They have conceded 41 goals this season and already look pretty much relegated. Fully expecting another 4-5-1 and look to grind out a 1-0 win however.

Awful to think that the team bottom of the league will line up more attacking than us

I have a hunch Ipswich will come with confidence of getting a result today. I really wouldn't be surprised if they turned us over.

We desperately need a win at home, which instead of being a fortress is a bit like a stack of cards at the moment. Everyone is on edge, if we get an early goal I think we stand a good chance. The longer it stays goaless the more I fancy Ipswich.

UTB

I'm taking my old man to this one.. lucky him  :liar: 

I will never boo the team at a match but I fear what the atmosphere will be like if we aren't winning by half time. Boos will be ringing out and to be honest, who can blame them? Ipswich have -22 GD and we need to be attacking them right from the off. 

I am hoping for win and maximum effort from every one of our players on that pitch, is that too much to ask for?  :cheese:

Should win, doesn't change anything though, really.

After desperately wanting us to either get promoted or avoid relegation for the last 4-5 seasons.... for the first time in a while, I just don't care. Obviously still want us to win, but it'll be greeted with a shrug rather than punches in the air. Losing isn't going to spoil my Saturday either, as I have no investment in this manager or group of players. They're going through the motions compared to sides like Leeds and Norwich who are fighting with their lives for every single point they can get.

Time to play the waiting game....

I don’t think SG truly knows how despondent the fans really are. I fear if things don’t improve this season he may well have lost the respect he rightfully earned. Someone has already stated the fact of loosing the future generation of fans is likely and unrecoverable over a short term and it will take a lot more than a non playing winger to convince a knowledgeable fan base it’s going to get better. It’s time SG came forward and explain his long term plan because the season start sound bites are no longer worthy and fans are not gullible. Of course I won’t be attending, simply I am not in the country, but I’ll still be searching the score and hoping.

THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OT THE SEASON...…………….so far!!!

Well it's not really is it?

Ipswich fighting for their lives in the Champo will know just what to do and will be at us like a rat out of a trap in the hope of scoring first!

Boro desperate for a win will play the waiting game and a lot of Jen's cha cha cha!

Determination shown in abundance from the team...……...maybe not but the fans will if this goes tits up in voicing their frustration.

Could be a very important game for a few around the club and to be honest I can see Leadbitter getting onto the bench.

Well done Jen good op