oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Vs Ipswich Town 2-0 (Hugill, Tavernier)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Seasons greetings to all Boronites. Cant' spare much time so will be quick.

Common sense dictates that you'll win by a clear score and we're simply travelling north to make up the numbers or receive another loss and 0 points.

Thing is you never can tell what will happen in this league or indeed any game the world over. You'll start as favourites but perhaps we have nothing to lose. A number of our fans have already decided we'll be in League One next season even at this premature stage of the season.

Grant Ward is out for the season, Sears in an adequate forward, trouble is other names like Harrison, Jackson and Roberts aren't featured enough or never really have made an impression since coming in. Gerken (in goal) preferred to Bart right now but he's a bit hit and miss at the best of times.

I remember when you effectively cost us the League Title in '81, that can't be changed but point being tomorrow could also be the critical point where you send us down if a big defeat is forthcoming and it hits morale for future games. Maybe I'm being too negative but seriously there's not much going on right now with us other than the realism of relegation becoming closer by each passing week. Things need to improve fast if we're to get out this mess.

Spend longer on this than should of done. Got to go, talk again nearer game time.

22k tickets sold so far

wow - that many turning up for a 'boo'

I reckon if all of Clayton, Besic, Howson and Downing start tomorrow the boos will start when the team is read out. It should be

Randolph

Friend

Ayala

Fry

McMair

Clayton

Wing

Howson

Tavernier

Britt

Hugill

4-1-3-2

Agree with that team edinboro... Clayton and Besic should never play together, Fry is far better in the middle and can bring the ball out well - Flint is going through a bad patch, McNair I thought played OK on Saturday, there should be some creativity from Howson (although could be Sav), Tav and wing and play Britt off Hugill...

Don't try to sit back and control the game, the players overthink, are slow to respond and it will end up a goal down again!

I feel sorry for the players at the moment... they are getting booed by the crowd for having to play to orders - boro have some very good players (ok 1 or 2 are crap) but let them play their natural games!

Britt out on the wing in the past - FFS!

Agree with that team edinboro... Clayton and Besic should never play together, Fry is far better in the middle and can bring the ball out well - Flint is going through a bad patch, McNair I thought played OK on Saturday, there should be some creativity from Howson (although could be Sav), Tav and wing and play Britt off Hugill...

Don't try to sit back and control the game, the players overthink, are slow to respond and it will end up a goal down again!

I feel sorry for the players at the moment... they are getting booed by the crowd for having to play to orders - boro have some very good players (ok 1 or 2 are crap) but let them play their natural games!

Britt out on the wing in the past - FFS!

I actually forgot about Saville. Which says it all.

Hugill shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. Can’t believe we’ve spunked 2 million and Prem wages to loan him. There simply isn’t a single aspect of his game that is any good. Maybe running around.

Hugill shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. Can’t believe we’ve spunked 2 million and Prem wages to loan him. There simply isn’t a single aspect of his game that is any good. Maybe running around.

He’s probably the best we’ve got at bringing the ball down and holding on to it (when he doesn’t fall over), trouble is there’s rarely anyone also in the opposition half for him to pass to. I could cope with for the rest of the season IF someone was played close to him, No10, second striker or whatever you want to call him. Out of our existing squad I’d say braithwaite but that ain’t gunna happen.

I think that's incredibly harsh. I'm not certain he's worth the money but certainly in and around the Palace game, his hold up play was fantastic. When he first came in, he was all over the place, charging into things, trying to make people see his physical presence without ever doing much of anything else. Then I went to see the Palace game and he was incredible against a Premier League defence. I think if we played in a way that allowed him to work off Britt effectively, we'd be singing his praises a lot more. As it is, there are more players than just Hugill in this team who you can say don't have a 'single aspect of his game that is any good'. That is some bloody statement.

I think that's incredibly harsh. I'm not certain he's worth the money but certainly in and around the Palace game, his hold up play was fantastic. When he first came in, he was all over the place, charging into things, trying to make people see his physical presence without ever doing much of anything else. Then I went to see the Palace game and he was incredible against a Premier League defence. I think if we played in a way that allowed him to work off Britt effectively, we'd be singing his praises a lot more. As it is, there are more players than just Hugill in this team who you can say don't have a 'single aspect of his game that is any good'. That is some bloody statement.

When you sign a striker from a premier league side you expect more than someone who can hold the ball up and work hard. Every striker in the lower leagues can do that. Hugill is absolutely shocking to be honest and I really don’t think he does have many good aspects to his game.

His overall goal record is actually pretty shocking minus a few average seasons for Preston which somehow got him that West Ham move. Roughly a 1:4 ratio considering the majority of his career was in the lower leagues.

He is one of the worst players I’d say we have had in many years personally. But I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we make his loan perminant

Think it’s harsh. None of our strikers look any good as they only get a half chance every game and spend the rest of it trying to bring the ball down when surrounded by 4 defenders. He’s giving his best, unlike other forwards we have. Still wouldn’t buy him though as I don’t think he is worth more than 3-4m and the wages will be high. Would rather look abroad or in league 1 or 2, as at least those mistakes are generally cheaper