oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Vs Ipswich Town 2-0 (Hugill, Tavernier)

Regardless of the way we play, even if the players are happy with the way we play the home form is absolutely something that will be affecting them mentally. Even if we hired Guardiola and stepped out onto the field today playing positive attacking football, the players would mentally be thinking about that record. Of course they're determined to win, what is BS about that?

Friends speech after narrowly beating a very poor Reading side, its so predictable about turning the corner when we clearly haven't, and the fans aren't buying it even if we do beat Ipswich.

What more can they do to turn the corner other than win games?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does he persist with CBs playing full back? It completely takes away another attacking threat.

Don’t even know what formation that is, just packed with CMs. So defensive but surely still beat Ipswich. And all will be gone again.

Dropped McNair and Clayton? Not sure what McNair's done wrong at RB but sure I guess, I'll be very delicate but there's not an ounce of width in that team outside of George Friend hopefully Wing and Saville can do a bit of magic around the box.

Nice to see Crockstede's back on the bench I guess and if this game goes the way I think I'd guess we'd see him early 2nd half I don't see this one being a good watch I just don't see avenue's of attack outside of that quad of midfielders working 1-2s and one of them hammering home a shot hope I'm wrong.

Regardless of the way we play, even if the players are happy with the way we play the home form is absolutely something that will be affecting them mentally. Even if we hired Guardiola and stepped out onto the field today playing positive attacking football, the players would mentally be thinking about that record. Of course they're determined to win, what is BS about that?

Friends speech after narrowly beating a very poor Reading side, its so predictable about turning the corner when we clearly haven't, and the fans aren't buying it even if we do beat Ipswich.

Playing these teams at the bottom of the league requires more than a scrappy 1-0 win. Top sides in this league would be putting 3/4 past them with a convincing performance.

It’s not the players fault though, how are they expected to put in a convincing performance with that formation.

Playing these teams at the bottom of the league requires more than a scrappy 1-0 win. Top sides in this league would be putting 3/4 past them with a convincing performance.

It’s not the players fault though, how are they expected to put in a convincing performance with that formation.

It doesn't require more than a 1-0 win to initiate a turn-around though, does it? Regardless of the opposition, a scrappy win can be the start of confidence coming back, it can relieve some of the pressure on the players and it's still 3 points on the board where they've been difficult to come by. Think back to Hull, 0-0 and the atmosphere after Karanka came back was deathly, it was desperate and we were close to losing it on a couple of occasions. Then up pops David Nugent in the final moments of the game and the entire place was lifted.

I'm not expecting the same from the fans here as its clear everyone was trying to pull in the same direction there and most fans couldn't care less if we won or lost, some even hope he loses so he gets pushed out the door which is shameful. But in terms of confidence and relieving some of the pressure, any kind of win at home would do for me, couldn't care less who it is or what the score is, I'd take a late scrappy winner in a ***e game right now, whether it sates other people's appetites or not.

Does anyone have a clue what the formation is? Are Downing and Friend playing wing backs?

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say it's a 4-1-4-1. Only time I remember Clayton sitting a game out is when Saville came to play deep in his place.

Randolph

Fry Ayala Flint Friend

Saville

Howson Wing Besic Downing

Hugill

Or Besic back with Saville with the 3 in front of them supporting Hugill if/when they push on.

It doesn't require more than a 1-0 win to initiate a turn-around though, does it? Regardless of the opposition, a scrappy win can be the start of confidence coming back, it can relieve some of the pressure on the players and it's still 3 points on the board where they've been difficult to come by. Think back to Hull, 0-0 and the atmosphere after Karanka came back was deathly, it was desperate and we were close to losing it on a couple of occasions. Then up pops David Nugent in the final moments of the game and the entire place was lifted.

I'm not expecting the same from the fans here as its clear everyone was trying to pull in the same direction there and most fans couldn't care less if we won or lost, some even hope he loses so he gets pushed out the door which is shameful. But in terms of confidence and relieving some of the pressure, any kind of win at home would do for me, couldn't care less who it is or what the score is, I'd take a late scrappy winner in a *** game right now, whether it sates other people's appetites or not.

I don’t think a 1-0 win against the bottom club would change anything tbh. They are by far the worst club in the league we should expect a convincing performance and a few goals