oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Vs Ipswich Town 2-0 (Hugill, Tavernier)

Downing and Hugill as our main attacking outlets. Great. Just great TP. Once again you set new standards for negative approaches. How Tavernier isn’t starting over Besic must be beyond anyone but TP. But it’s no surprise really as he does have his favorites.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly cannot work out what the hell that is even supposed to be... atmosphere could turn nasty today if we go 1 down and make it very hard for the players.

I still think we'll win because Ipswich are crap, and expect a repeat of the Reading game where one good chance is enough.

Derby will probably smash us, that's the one that will put Pulis under huge pressure.

Changes are to freshen things up according to TP as we have another game on Tuesday

giphy.gif

If there's one thing leaving out a 9 million pound forward who hasn't played in weeks and a 15 million pound striker low on confidence for Jordan Hugill screams to me it's freshening things up.

We know how this story ends he'll bring Crockstede off the bench who'll miss a sitter but it'll be excused because he's just back from injury and then we'll have another 3-5 game run of Crockstede up front until Wickham joins. Still good to see Wing and Saville are in a team together...

I don’t think a 1-0 win against the bottom club would change anything tbh. They are by far the worst club in the league we should expect a convincing performance and a few goals

Over the last 6 games alone, there's 1 point between us and Ipswich. Setting expectations of a big win isn't particularly reflective of the form table. We've scored the same number of goals as they have in that time, conceding just 3 less.

I'm not saying all the fans will be happy with a scrappy 1-0 but I think the players will be given the home form at the moment.

I don’t think a 1-0 win against the bottom club would change anything tbh. They are by far the worst club in the league we should expect a convincing performance and a few goals

Over the last 6 games alone, there's 1 point between us and Ipswich. Setting expectations of a big win isn't particularly reflective of the form table. We've scored the same number of goals as they have in that time, conceding just 3 less.

I'm not saying all the fans will be happy with a scrappy 1-0 but I think the players will be given the home form at the moment.

They have lost 9 out of 12 away this season and conceded about 40 goals. Settling for a 1-0 win pretty much sums up the mentality of the club at the moment.

To be fair, scoring a goal not aided by a pen or og would be a massive improvement over most of our recent home games.

To be fair, scoring a goal not aided by a pen or og would be a massive improvement over most of our recent home games.

That's some positive thinking, NB4, and I like it. ;)

They have lost 9 out of 12 away this season and conceded about 40 goals. Settling for a 1-0 win pretty much sums up the mentality of the club at the moment.

Sheff Wed had also conceded 40 away goals before shutting us out, so another 1-0 loss incoming :)