oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Vs Ipswich Town 2-0 (Hugill, Tavernier)

CL is a second profile for an anti Pulis member... Doing a good wind up, to get even more people to point out Pulis and his flaws ..

Funny how he turned up, starting to wind up things... At the best timed period to do so.. After loong time being inactive ..

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Braithwaite is from esbjerg. The fishing city of Denmark. I very much doubt he has anything against Teesside as an area. Maybe he favors France due to having a French wife but that doesn’t mean he has anything against the area. He was signed with the promise of playing as a striker but when Pulis came in he was asked to play as a defensive winger which he has clearly said is not optimal for either him or the team. He wants away because of our managers philosophy and I don’t blame him. As Slaven said today “if you were an attacker you wouldn’t want to join this team” or something along that. That said I still expected more from him given his wages and and price tag. But a defensive left wing is probably reducing his total output by 50%. Not ideal for anyone.

Martin Braithwaite is from esbjerg. The fishing city of Denmark. I very much doubt he has anything against Teesside as an area. Maybe he favors France due to having a French wife but that doesn’t mean he has anything against the area. He was signed with the promise of playing as a striker but when Pulis came in he was asked to play as a defensive winger which he has clearly said is not optimal for either him or the team. He wants away because of our managers philosophy and I don’t blame him. As Slaven said today “if you were an attacker you wouldn’t want to join this team” or something along that. That said I still expected more from him given his wages and and price tag. But a defensive left wing is probably reducing his total output by 50%. Not ideal for anyone.

maybe it reminds him too much of home.. it's not as if he's moving to a particularly amazing team - Levante ain't it? maybe he's just thinking "Spanish holiday"

Also, he rarely - if ever - played as a full on striker under Monk either.. the club were probably just winding him up when they promised he'd be a striker......

maybe it reminds him too much of home.. it's not as if he's moving to a particularly amazing team - Levante ain't it? maybe he's just thinking "Spanish holiday"

Also, he rarely - if ever - played as a full on striker under Monk either.. the club were probably just winding him up when they promised he'd be a striker......

And therein lies the problem. He sees himself as a striker and if that’s what he was promised then I can see why he wants to try something else. He’s not a winger and he knows that.

It's still quite clearly a wind-up.

Good result today but tougher challenges to come.

What is. Tony's son or the whole Pulis era???? Because it feels like Gibson is clearly winding us all up !!

The first one obviously :)

Funny mind.

Well done on your victory, although with us, that's not really saying much. Bit like climbing an anthill in Christchurch Park and declaring yourself Edmund Hillary..

The penalty decision effectively did for us. Up to that point I thought we were capable but Spense lost sense of the rules in a critical area of the pitch and the referee (who wouldn't go as far to say was eager to stamp his authority on proceedings) was in no doubt that an infringement has occurred. Game turned on a stupid moment that on another day and a less zealous match official would have allowed to go unpunished.

Taking points from us is the norm for most teams in this division. Don't get me wrong Middlesbrough took control once ahead and we were never likely to recover from the initial incident but it's hard down there at the bottom and any luck that goes against us is going to prove critical in the time ahead. PS If you have any decent forwards in the January window that could be loaned out or sold then don't hesitate to contact our club. It's all getting a little desperate right now.

Well done on your victory, although with us, that's not really saying much. Bit like climbing an anthill in Christchurch Park and declaring yourself Edmund Hillary..

The penalty decision effectively did for us. Up to that point I thought we were capable but Spense lost sense of the rules in a critical area of the pitch and the referee (who wouldn't go as far to say was eager to stamp his authority on proceedings) was in no doubt that an infringement has occurred. Game turned on a stupid moment that on another day and a less zealous match official would have allowed to go unpunished.

Taking points from us is the norm for most teams in this division. Don't get me wrong Middlesbrough took control once ahead and we were never likely to recover from the initial incident but it's hard down there at the bottom and any luck that goes against us is going to prove critical in the time ahead. PS If you have any decent forwards in the January window that could be loaned out or sold then don't hesitate to contact our club. It's all getting a little desperate right now.

Seen reports you were interested in Gestede, don’t know much about your current squad but I can guarantee you have better options

We've got some great forwards. As long as you're not looking for anyone who scores "goals".

Agree that the ref was a bit wet. It turned into an 'every tackle is a foul' type game.

As the best for the rest of the season. I like Ipswich - although I did like you more when you had mick. What are the 'swich fans thoughts on him now? Regret getting rid or not?

You seem to want to play football but lack cohesion and quality to play it out from the back. I know Gestede gets a raw deal, but I think having a big man up top would suit you better. Sears and Jackson feeding off him would give you something different. Jackson played really well against us in pre season but accrington got mor bodies forward to occupy our defence. You didn’t do that today. All the best for the rest of the season. I really hope you stay up.

The fact we sold Bamford probably had everything to do with the fact Leeds were paying £11m or whatever it was and we are clearly under financial constraints at the moment.

Of which we have currently seen precisely £0, if reports are to be believed.

Anyone who believes Braithwaite wants to stay here is quite frankly, an idiot.

Pulis being less than truthful has nothing to do with it, he's wanted out for ages.

Pulis is the reason he wants out though...

Didn't he originally leave us for Bordeux under Monk though? 

He has a heart the size of a pea, doesn't want to fight to get back into the team, clearly plays for a move and even then half the time he doesn't look bothered. Classic example would be Burton Albion in the Carabao Cup. 

The sooner he's gone, the better.

He left just after Pulis arrived. Ostensibly because Pulis asked him to play as an inside forward on the left and play defensively and he wants to play as a striker/number 10.

I think Saville plays better than Besic and should be picked over him ....there I said it.

Completely agree, Saville was top drawer today IMO.

Monk also played him as an inside forward and then the Denmark manager played him as a defensive winger in the World Cup.

It was annoying when pulis changed shape and put braithwaite back on the left though after him and Britt started the season so well as a front 2.

Was pulis so desperate to play his ‘system’ that he totally scrapped one that appeared to be working pretty well just to accommodate it?

Howson and wing were dominating midfield running with the ball, pressing high up the pitch, braithwaite was transformed and Britt was getting goals and multiple chances from open play every game.

It got to a point where I was watching games and it all just looked so easy, we never looked in trouble, we were battering teams. We played sheff Utd and wba off the park and went away to Leeds when they were bang on form and took a point.

Then that first international break came and that was that it’s been crap ever since.

It’s hilarious seeing all the ‘where are the bedwetter’ types coming out just because we stumbled to a win against an absolutely awful team. I say stumbles because we literally did, we never looked comfortable in possession, we never ‘strolled’ around and Ipswich had 3 really good chances and should have got at least 1 goal before we got our second. I counted 2 good bits of play from us in the whole game, taverniers goal and when hugill got played in 1st half.

Still got a whole lot to prove imo and other than Randolph I didn’t see any kind of ‘top drawer’ performance. I heard it all after we beat reading, ‘haha bed wetter hahah, gutted cos we won’ etc etc. Then we got turned over by sheff wed.

Does the Ipswich win give me much hope for tuesdays game? Not at all.

We will all have to wait and see what happens from this point onwards but I will not hold my breath and expect things to magically change.

Take our chances and create a few more than normal will surprise many moving ahead and clearly if noticed by MFC score the first goal if we intend to win!

I have read all posts and the discussions/debates have been fine save the quips of "idiot" being mentioned, let's not go down that road again please and thanks RR for stepping in when it was getting ugly.

It does not matter that it was Ipswich we were playing I think most of us were pleased that we started to play decent football once again, papering the cracks perhaps but we can not be certain of that and as mentioned let's see where we can go.

It amazes me how people seem to think braithwaite was some sort of world beater under monk and pulis has coached that out of him. Braithwaite was poor under monk too. I remember a lot of fans questioning why the club had payed so much for him because he didn’t look anywhere near a £9m player.

We can’t just blame pulis for everything that’s wrong at the club.