oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Vs Ipswich Town 2-0 (Hugill, Tavernier)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of player recruitment there has been problems behind the scenes for years. I'm not fond of us sacking managers every five minutes because we have a bunch of players that don't perform well. There are things about Pulis game plans that I despair about but the troubles at the club do not lay solely on his shoulders. This transfer window should be very telling.

It amazes me how people seem to think braithwaite was some sort of world beater under monk and pulis has coached that out of him. Braithwaite was poor under monk too.  I remember a lot of fans questioning why the club had payed so much for him because he didn’t look anywhere near a £9m player.

We can’t just blame pulis for everything that’s wrong at the club.

exactly!

also the fact some people seem to find it acceptable/understandable that he is kicking off about being asked to play in a wider position, and that mean old Tony Pulis shouldn't upset him so much!

Isn't Tav's natural position meant to be more as a central player? Howson as played every position under the sun since arriving here and not complained once. Dael Fry has done a great job as a stand-in right back. Shotton was a centre back when we signed him wasn't he? Even Clayton was probably considered a more attacking midfielder when he first signed.. I don't recall any of those guys putting anything less than 100% in each game though. Being asked to play in a different position isn't grounds for throwing your teddies out the cot, it's par for the course at times.

I'll be glad to see the back of Marts tbh. Really wanted him to do well, but I'd rather have Curtis Main back on the pitch tbh, and he was crap. But at least you knew he wanted to be there.

Irrespective of manager, tactical nouse or money spent/available, I am sick to death of this club playing square pegs on round holes. It's been done forever it seems. Good clubs hire managers who play players in their best positions.

To be fair, Stuani did a decent job on the right for us. That kind of Dirk Kuyt striker. Obviously I think he'd have done a better job as a striker but I don't think it was an all round bad decision to play Stuani on the right and it certainly wasn't the first time he'd played there when he came in. The attacking 3 of Adomah, Ramirez and Stuani is arguably one of the main reasons we got promoted.

I think our defence is the reason we got promoted but I know where you're coming from. I don't think Stuani was especially effective out on the right for us - was it 7 goals he got the season we went up? That's not a great return for a player like him and it's not like he contributed with lots of assists either. I think maybe the bigger issue is the fact that he was never really given a chance up front even when there were times that we could have done with something else, both in the Championship and in the Premier League. Shame but there you go.

Our defence was definately the reason we got promoted as our goals scored was pretty low for a promoted team.

However it’s not like that happened by accident, that was one of the tightest defences not just our club has ever seen but the league as a whole.

I still cannot fathom why Stuani only was played as a central striker in the cup! He scored 2 goals in that ONE match playing there...

He is an out and out striker and should never have been played on the right.

If we played him up front in the promotion season, we might have had a better scoring record... Maybe looking more attractive for new players to join us .. And I think we would have won the league instead of the 2nd place.

In the PL we should have played Negredo AND Stuani together .. Imagine Ramirez and Downing/Fischer/de Roon and others feeding them two really good balls .. It might have been us surviving that crucial first season .. FFS Huddersfield survived last time ..

I still cannot fathom why Stuani only was played as a central striker in the cup! He scored 2 goals in that ONE match playing there...

He is an out and out striker and should never have been played on the right.

If we played him up front in the promotion season, we might have had a better scoring record... Maybe looking more attractive for new players to join us .. And I think we would have won the league instead of the 2nd place.

In the PL we should have played Negredo AND Stuani together .. Imagine Ramirez and Downing/Fischer/de Roon and others feeding them two really good balls .. It might have been us surviving that crucial first season ..  FFS Huddersfield survived last time ..

Because pulis is a dinosaur :)