oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Vs Ipswich Town 2-0 (Hugill, Tavernier)

We were much better when Tav came on. Were we more open? Yes but that allowed us to have more attacking threat. Also highlights to me that we need better fullbacks.

definitely.

We were better, but play like that against Derby and the fact we looked more open will result in about 3 goals against!

Why the negative outlook? What’s to say it won’t result in about 3 goals for? We should be, with the players available to Pulis, as good as if not better than Derby. We shouldn’t be going there to play for a 0-0.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We looked particularly worse after bringing Tav on and changing to a 4-2-3-1 I thought, Ipswich were on top but the goal obviously sorted that out! Fantastic build up play from Besic and Howson.

What game were you watching? Are you Tony Pulis?

His son. Don't blame dad. He's done nothing wrong. It's everyone else's fault.

Martin Braithwaite is not a LM in any universe, in any team and under any manager the fact Pulis has never wanted to play him lone striker or fit him in as a second striker for a consistent period is no indictment of Braithwaite to be honest people really shouldn't play into Pulis' game here with him.

Tavernier has as many goals as Braithwaite in half the appearances that doesn't mean at all he's a better player but is he a better LM? Yeah I'd say evidence is he's a better LM, the area comments from Pulis just need to stop I mean seriously most of us know it's nonsense and from the area Hugill's returned 4 goals in nearly 20 games so not sure where you're from or choose to live should have as big of an effect as he makes it out to it's pretty tiresome.

I was on team 'put him in and out' for Tav before this month but now I've got to say I'd start him and La Parra on the wings every game they're fit. I'm conscious Tav isn't a magic bullet but maybe with a Parra on the opposite wing he won't feel as much pressure might help him flourish even more. I thought Howson again was our best midfielder today and we looked 100% better when Downing came off, Besic and Flint are still disappointing me though they're supposed to be key players for us they're below par right now.

Besic is a strange one cos he's clearly a really good player but he seems hell-bent on taking risks in possession at the moment. He played a key role in the goal though, quick pass out to Howson.

Jonny H is probably consistently our best player this season.. good job the boo boys didn't get their wish with him last season huh..

Flint looks crap when asked to do anything but head clear and tackle.

My only fear with Tav is that he's getting hyped up to high heaven by everyone but he's far from the finished article - it'll only take a few dodgy games before people start sarcastically applauding him... oh wait, that's already happened..  hopefully he's got thick skin..!

Martin Braithwaite is not a LM in any universe, in any team and under any manager the fact Pulis has never wanted to play him lone striker or fit him in as a second striker for a consistent period is no indictment of Braithwaite to be honest people really shouldn't play into Pulis' game here with him.

Tavernier has as many goals as Braithwaite in half the appearances that doesn't mean at all he's a better player but is he a better LM? Yeah I'd say evidence is he's a better LM, the area comments from Pulis just need to stop I mean seriously most of us know it's nonsense and from the area Hugill's returned 4 goals in nearly 20 games so not sure where you're from or choose to live should have as big of an effect as he makes it out to it's pretty tiresome.

I was on team 'put him in and out' for Tav before this month but now I've got to say I'd start him and La Parra on the wings every game they're fit. I'm conscious Tav isn't a magic bullet but maybe with a Parra on the opposite wing he won't feel as much pressure might help him flourish even more. I thought Howson again was our best midfielder today and we looked 100% better when Downing came off, Besic and Flint are still disappointing me though they're supposed to be key players for us they're below par right now.

Besic is a strange one cos he's clearly a really good player but he seems hell-bent on taking risks in possession at the moment. He played a key role in the goal though, quick pass out to Howson.

Jonny H is probably consistently our best player this season.. good job the boo boys didn't get their wish with him last season huh..

My only fear with Tav is that he's getting hyped up to high heaven by everyone but he's far from the finished article - it'll only take a few dodgy games before people start sarcastically applauding him... oh wait, that's already happened..  hopefully he's got thick skin..!

Sarcastically applauding Tav??? The only guy that's done that is Pulis himself, in one of his usual after match interviews saying that he refuses to blame any player and then saying it all went wrong from the first minute because Tav ran the wrong way.

Real fans won't moan at the kids for trying something but failing. It's called "expressing yourself" by many pundits and the majority of managers.

Randolph has been consistently our best player this season... bar the Villa game he’s saved us time and time again this season.

Howson has been better than he was last season but he has had plenty of poor games and also plenty of games where he’s been anonymous this season.

When has Tav been sarcastically applauded? I certainly haven’t witnessed it!

It's still quite clearly a wind-up.

Good result today but tougher challenges to come.

Agree CT. Ipswich were poor but we got the result. We need to up our performance and start finishing some of those chances. We can absolute take a game to Derby but it all depends on what Boro turn up. We lack consistency of any kind this season.

Randolph has been consistently our best player this season... bar the Villa game he’s saved us time and time again this season.

Howson has been better than he was last season but he has had plenty of poor games and also plenty of games where he’s been anonymous this season.

When has Tav been sarcastically applauded? I certainly haven’t witnessed it!

the whole North stand sarcastically cheering after Tavers got a good corner in at the 3rd attempt.. today's game?

Howson is constantly having to play out of position to make up for our squad deficiencies, and IMO he's been doing a stellar job of it, such is his quality as a footballer. maybe I'm just winding you up though..

Randolph is a banger

If a corner was being sarcastically applauded, it's probably because we as a team managed to finally put a decent one in. There's only really been Wing in early parts of this season who has stood out from a delivery perspective. I can't believe the absolute state of our deliveries this season. If we can get a winger in to add that to our repertoire, could kill 2 birds with one stone.

If a corner was being sarcastically applauded, it's probably because we as a team managed to finally put a decent one in. There's only really been Wing in early parts of this season who has stood out from a delivery perspective. I can't believe the absolute state of our deliveries this season. If we can get a winger in to add that to our repertoire, could kill 2 birds with one stone.

aye, still.. not ideal.

I always hear people going on about how good Wing's set pieces, crosses etc are, but I'm yet to really see any consistent evidence of it! I'm starting to think it's all just a wind up

aye, still.. not ideal.

I always hear people going on about how good Wing's set pieces, crosses etc are, but I'm yet to really see any consistent evidence of it! I'm starting to think it's all just a wind up

You're right. He only puts in a good delivery every three weeks or so......which coinsides with the weeks he gets a game !!